Australia on world's worst debt trajectory

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by SpacePete, Apr 15, 2015.

1. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

I had never really considered this this case before you mentioned it.
    This sounds like a very realistic possibility.
    Great insight:)

2. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

One thing I regret is being swayed by discussions on here and not getting another investment property in Newcastle a few years ago. I would be much better off than I have been with pms. Still waiting for the doom and gloom to arise. I think some of the anti property crowd on here are just jaded with their situation that they can't afford to buy where they want to buy. Life is hard sometimes but you just got to get that work around happening.

3. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you the cash to buy the extra investment property ?

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"At the end of the day, you are solely responsible for your success and your failure. And the sooner you realize that, you accept that, and integrate that into your work ethic, you will start being successful. As long as you blame others for the reason you aren't where you want to be, you will always be a failure." - Erin Cummings

5. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

OMG ,Every day over here we get new headlines in the papers about the Auckland housing "crisis"
    We are constantly being feed this garbage about first home buyers being shut out of the market by exorbitant prices.
    Well the people that own the homes will be very happy id say.
    Also if the prices keep going UP as suggested by the media then anyone that buys in now even if it is a struggle will realize great returns anyhow.
    I shudder to think about these poor people that are being FORCED to buy outside of Auckland and have to commute 45mins to work every morning.
    What they neglect to mention is that house that they have to commute from is 4 bdr , 2 bath with indoor pool and spa and they only have to pay 400k for it.
    If they so desperately want to live in the CBD of Auckland then the are looking at 1.5mil to get a similar house.
    That 45min drive does not sound that bad to me.
    PS: i do NOT recommend buying a property if you have to struggle to pay the mortgage at these HISTORICALLY LOW LEVELS.

6. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

How does the old saying go.......'if everyone you know is investing in it its probably time to get out of it before they do when the market has peaked'. :/

I'm lucky i dont have a mortgage at the moment.

I can afford to sit on the side and watch what happens for the next few years. :cool:

7. Naphthalene Man

Not any more but soon.

8. Naphthalene Man

Willrocks - not sure if you are having a go at me or not. I'm not blaming any one just saying that I was listening of the possibility of a property crash.
    If you mean that the non property crowd should stop whinging about not being able to afford Sydney and relocate to where they can afford then I agree absolutely. Newcastle property is taking off at present. If they had bought a few years ago then they would be looking okay now.