Australia day Brainwashing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Golightly, Jan 26, 2015.

1. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

It is ignorant to assume that an individual should live up to a stereotype. Even more ignorant is perceiving the world and it's inhabitants as a series of binary stereotypes. All it proves is that you are unable to see what lies between the extremes, and unable to understand that ideological spectra are not one dimensional.

Enforcing the reduction of politics into red vs blue and left vs right constrains our social parameters into a predefined state of conflict, engineered to distract and divide. By conforming to a stereotype, there is no evolution of thought.

Why should being pro-Palestine mean you have to be an anti-semite, or is this shallow level of consciousness promoted only to perpetuate conflict, discredit contrary information, and allow useful idiots to fill the ranks of manipulative vested interests?

Or do we just go with it because we can't be fucked with deeper thought?

Is it so hard to understand that a person's love of their country can exist in tandem with dissenting views regarding its leadership's foreign policy? Must this dissent dictate a hatred of those in service?

@systematic - nice sig.

2. lucky luke

lucky luke Active Member

:rolleyes: .................................................. Please keep posting similar. Your doing a good job for both of us. :lol:

3. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Since it is Thursday does anyone want a man love Thursday story? G rated and I will leave out names....... I have a couple

4. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

There is a difference between fighting for your country and being anti war. Is a man fighting for his country when he is in iraq ... or is a man fighting for his country when he is in his own land ... most of the wars are lead by the USA ...

5. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting post to say the least smk.

I get on quite well with people from all walks of life on a general level but I personally hold some core beliefs that have developed over my lifetime. These beliefs are I will admit based upon my
    own experiences of my own personal life. Five kids, predominately rural life on the land, a whole heap of different cultures and races in my early life and an innate understanding of the bush and indigenous lifestyle from the age of 8. I am more accustomed to eating bushtucker and native animals than sushi or restaurant meals. We raise and slaughter our own beef, pork, poultry and regularly consume native's such as wallaby.
    The people we mix with on a regular basis come from all walks of life and all walks of religion. We get along though based on our circumstances and similarity of lifestyle and need rather than any race or religion.
    That acceptance is all up to a point of mutual agreement though. I have often seen a once mutually acceptable association disappear with the arrival of a dominant influence be it cultural or religious as another influence has arrived in our once integrated society due to recent immigration policy.

It go's both way's. Where there was once an integral Australian identity based on the sheep's back and all that went with it there is now a diversification of differing identity's within the Australian culture based upon differing races, religion, ethnicity that did not arise or identify a mere 25 years ago.

I personally feel that the reduction of views has come about due to the wholesale importation of cultural differences, you just can't import a whole suburb at a time and not expect some issues along the way. The extreme changes in the demographics that have occurred in the last three decades within the larger city's of Australia are just asking for trouble when you look at the underlying issues and differences between cultures.

6. southerncross

Got Kid's or anyone else that relies upon you ? Or anyone you rely upon Luke ?

Notice you never answered that.

7. lucky luke

lucky luke Active Member

:) nahh mate. I'm a lone ranger. Failed life so no-one can rely on me. ;) Are you offering to adopt me?

8. southerncross

Nope, got enough of my own borne to take care of, but I'm not so much of an arsehole to write you off completely, you can come and stay for a while and I can teach you how to raise and butcher a beast. Look it in the eye while you grow it out and then shoot it in the head and gut it and bleed it out before hanging the halves for a while before chopping it all into delicious pieces of steak and other assorted parts.

Think you could cope with that ?

9. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey mate, I regularly eat kangaroo that I buy from my local woolies and I really enjoy it. I was just wondering if wallaby has a similar flavour or is it a bit less gamey?
    Cheers :)

10. lucky luke

lucky luke Active Member

Plenty of normal people live off or have lived off the land. Nothing special in that alone. However, the manner of your description (look it in the eye etc) and your sence of pride in wanting to tell the world on a public forum suggests something else is going on with you. :rolleyes: I know your proud of your experimenting with self sufficiency ie eating wallaby, recognising the occassional edible Australian native, biodiesels etc. However your apparent pride in describing the simple act of butchering a little home grown meat appears almost gleeful and just a tad "wrong". :|

11. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So aside from some exceptional antagonism,
    And A bit of dead wildlife clearly we are all for 'team Australia'
    but in its purists sense, not the un-discernable mish mash its becoming with turtles calling the shots from the US and UK.

I do think Australia could one day have it in it for a revolt, once ADF, police, fire pensions all disappear, people realize they are paying mortgage interest on something decreasing in value from something pulled out of thin air.

we are always a little drunk and angry enough to have a go,
    the bunnies can get 100k people marching through Sydney but bailing out the Com bank doesn't.
    France obviously leads the way in there readiness to take there issues to the streets. But I think the right mix in Australia and both sides would unite, look at Greece.
    If they pull it off, new benchmark.

SC I grew up in the country and have full expectation to again shortly, on my goat farm I intend to raise and eat as much as possible, preparing, butchering and preserving isn't a problem, in my line of work infact.
    even learned how to make leather using lambs brains for tanning,
    Just the small issue of being a lifelong vegetarian to get around now.. :lol: :lol:
    Just don't name them I guess,
    it is the way we should all live..

12. Newtosilver

Well when the revolution is about to begin can I get a weeks notice, if there is no aircon, the Nintendo does not work and I can not get a decent steak I am in, I am in up a bit of mischief. Is the revolution going to be backed by a foreign country like in the old style revolutions or is it going to be a more like the Internet revolution? I would prefer the Internet style revolution as I like showering ona daily basis and fresh food not canned. I have grown accustomed to the little luxuries of a western lifestyle these days.

13. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You picked the right year for it. :)

Oh, that's horrible, sorry to hear. On the positive side, at least it didn't turn into full-blown vegenism (I assume). I wish you luck on the path to recovery.

14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If by "Team Australia" you men a homogonous mix of individuals and groups working in the best interest of others at the heart of their sacrificial little lives, then no.

If you mean countless small voluntary societies consisting of individuals working and living to pursue their own rational self-interests whilst upholding each and each other's right to freedom from aggression on both person and property, who just happen to live a large island called Australia, then yes.

15. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Active Member Silver Stacker

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_without_armed_forces
    These countries don't have armed forces so maybe they don't celebrate the military on their national day?

16. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No no veganism is just a way young girls can hide eating disorders.

You will not live as long of a life unless you eat kilos of nuts,

cheese and eggs are a Vegos best friends.

17. Newtosilver

I shall adopt you, your first job shall to be to mow my lawn and then you can give me a sponge bath (in a non weird way) and then we can prepare for the coming revolution when the people shall rise up against the oppressors. As the OIC of Awesome I shall appoint you to a very important position within the revolution. Go lightly can be my deputy once he gets out of his vegetarian phase and starts eating animals (look at it this way if God did not want us to eat animals he would have not made them out of meat)

After the revolution we shall all live like gods and bask in our liberated world free from the heal of oppression.

18. lucky luke

lucky luke Active Member

:| something a little missing "upstairs". Think I'll just let you humour yourself a little from now on. You keep posting along these lines though. Useful for both our endstates. I enjoy a little wit, counter opinion, verbal jousting, even heated discussion with a few "your a wanker" comments thrown in. But your a little something else. :|

19. Newtosilver

Lol thankyou I try :) just trying to fit in with the some of the "different views" I just get caught up in the "batshit crazy" I see here and try and get on the bandwagon with the whole Alien, evil govt oppressing the people, the Evil USA thing etc. kind of conflicted though sitting in Aircon with a full belly, healthy from the system that provides medical and dental treatment, basically fat dumb and happy (in the same position as 99% of Australians really)

The Govt must have put an implant in me or something so I do not rise up and fight them so I can be free from their oppression. All this militarisation that is happening is a real concern to me as I am sure it is to you.

20. lucky luke

lucky luke Active Member

:rolleyes: You are indeed special. Take care of yourself.