Aussies asked to take in asylum seekers, and be paid for it

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Guest, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

auspm,

This, my friend, is brilliant!

I take my hat off to you, Sir.

Your way with words is far better than mine, so if you don't mind, I am going to borrow it and apply it to those pesky Greenies when they inevitabley chastise me for not swallowing their drivel. :)

2. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You're doing it again. You're buying the lie that we're being "invaded".

The processing of asylum seekers takes as long as we want it to.

If the politicians tell the bureaucrats to design a process that keeps people in detention centres for years then the processing takes years. If the process is designed to establish basic personal details and complete health checks then the processing takes weeks.

But hey, we're being "invaded" right? So we need to treat these people like enemy combatants and lock them up in POW-style camps (and spend truckloads of money doing it).

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Right! but no - they should be sent right back to where they came from - like they do anybody else who arrives without the right papers.

savvie??

4. Big A.D.

And who gives them the right papers?

The bureaucrats.

And who do the bureaucrats get their instructions from?

The politicians.

...and now we're back to the whole thing being rigged to keep Australia scared.

And for what it's worth, I find it amusing that while some people here have recently been enthusiastically discussing "personal sovereignty" and how the government doesn't have authority over the individual, as soon as they see a real "sovereign individual" who doesn't wait for some official to approve their paperwork and just hops on a boat and makes a break for a better life, they freak out and demand the government protect them from the horrible, horrible people in leaky boats.

Oh noes! Not the leaky boats! Anything but people in leaky boats!!11eleventy...

5. Barbarian At The Gate

Barbarian At The Gate New Member

]I think it just goes to show how out of touch this pathetic Labour Government really is. This is nothing more than an open invitation to come to this country illegally, live it up in motels paid for by taxpayers and now .... move into probably struggling peoples' homes so that they may be compensated by taxpayers again courtesy of a thieving government. I can't see too many households in Toorak taking up this offer, or similar affluent suburbs. So it will be the less well-off taking possibly their lives and livelihoods into their own hands. Shame on this useless piece of political crap for putting people in these awkward situations.

I can't wait for the Australian people to bury this government hopefully once and for all. When it comes to this facile overpaid Labor cretin, stupidity, unhappily, is not a handicap.

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/4516_julia.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

6. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Whenever this subject comes up I always wonder just how many of the boats that leave these countries are now residing on the ocean floor. It seems a scary thing to get on one of those things and venture across a vast ocean where just one storm and you're in big trouble. Don't think I could do it. Certainly wouldn't unless I was desperate.

7. Byron

Byron Guest

They are economic refugees only - not real ones.

Indonesia, Malaysia love to pass them on as it turns Australia just that little bit more Islamic.

8. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

What's the difference? If your countries oppressing you economically so that you are a virtual slave to the govt, helping to pay for some dictator, where is your quality of life? And who exactly, are helping to prop these dictators up with weapon sales and lending them money?

9. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

Dear Auspm. Dont you be worrying if I pay taxes or not! Not everybody assumes you are right in everything you say , I am a recovering alcoholic ,who has got off his arse an brought a house so dont tell me they arent affordable! You need to stop your self pity champ the world owes you nothing.

10. wrcmad

I don't think that's what he said?

I think auspm said that Australia owes illegal immigrants nothing, and neither does he. And he shouldn't be made to feel like he does by ideoligists whose opionion he doesn't share.

This is how I read it anyway.

11. Big A.D.

Back in 2000 there was an Iranian guy who helped organise a protest against the fundamentalist regime there. A couple of dozen people were killed by government troops, some more were grabbed and tortured and this guy went on the run because he'd been given up one of the leaders.

He and two others stowed away on boat that was going to Australia and when the ship docked they presented themselves to the authorities and claimed asylum. They were subsequently locked up in a detention centre. The crew member on the ship who help him stow away was prosecuted for people smuggling and the Immigration Department presented evidence in court that included the names and photos of the stowaways who had claimed asylum. These pictures were re-broacast in Iran where they were put on a hit list. After a couple of years, the government decided it was time to set an example and went to send the guy back to Iran. He tried to commit suicide. The Immigration Department had him patched up, drugged him and tossed him on a boat going to Iran.

When the ship docked, our guy was picked up by the Iranian secret service and murdered.

Now, here's the thing: he was a car mechanic.

Mechanics are (and were at the time) on the General Skilled Migration Skilled Occupation Lists because Australia has a shortage of car mechanics.

It costs a little over two grand for a skills assessment and after that you're a proper mechanic as far as this country is concerned.

So, as it turned out the guy was a "real" refugee after all, but he could have been an economic refugee of the kind that we want here too. But the government had a political agenda, so we lost a potential migrant with a valuable skill set and the potential migrant lost his life.

Wake up. You're being played.

12. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

World refugee day 16 May.

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

a very low percentage of the total

Not at all. The trip from Indonesia across to the northern part of Australia is hardly across a vast ocean! Fishermen do it all the time - have a look on any map (googlearth for instance) and you'll see that it's actually frighteningly close to Australia!

Sure - there is a small risk of the boat not making it, but the rewards for those who make it over to the northern waters of Australia (hardly an overly long journey) - is to live on welfare (money stolen from those of us who work) from day 1 until they leave this earth or Australia - whichever arrives first. [FACT: over 90% of third world "refugees" stay on the dole indefinately and never earn a cent for themselves]

So everytime another boat with 100 to 200 "assylum seekers" arrive - just know that an even bigger portion of your hard earned money being stolen from you by our gubbermint is going towards a cause which you/most of us taxpayers DO NOT SUPPORT at all!
    In effect you are being forced to pay for your own downfall and ultimately those of your descendants - who will no doubt be swamped amongst a human tsunami of third world people who share very little values with you and have no interest at all in assimilating into the Australian population. The abortion that is Europe's failed uncontrolled "multiculturalism" experiment is a case in point.
    Of course those cheering on the destruction of our own culture and way of life by foreigners who have (and will never have) any sense of loyalty towards this country just ignore the lessons which this policy has had in Europe.

Do you know what the most common boys name is in Europe today?
    It's Mohammed ...
    European children being born today form a minority in Europe due to the half baked suicidal policies of their governments.

Besides upholding the common law rights of citizens (judicial system) one of the few but very important functions that a government is SUPPOSED to do is to protect the integrity of its borders.

This is something which the bloated welfare states of the west HAVE NOT DONE! Governments are sticking their fat noses in every single corner of peoples lives - where it should have no business at all being involved in - but in those areas where governments SHOULD BE involved in - like protecting the rights of its citizens and border control - the cancerous governments of all western countries - including our vey own - have been pathetic!

[/end rant]

14. alexisio

So we have to share his opinion? I couldnt give a hoot what the refugees get or dont get. Why ask if i pay taxes? Dont forget we all pay at least 10%.

15. alexisio

This thread is getting out of hand.

16. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

World starwars Day May the 4th. (be with you)
    please try to stay on topic

17. wrcmad

No :|

18. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yeah, you are right, can I also seek asylum here, and SS member will pay for my stay over :lol: there

let it be me seek asylum i am, got money too, use the subsidy to buy liver, eh silver... :)

19. wrcmad

double post

20. Byron

Byron Guest

Tragic as it is, that's just 1 example, the vast majority of boat people/refugees are economic.

Where the govt is playing us, is the focus on boat people whilst maintaining a 500,000 people per year migration program.

I would like to see a complete freeze on all immigration to Oz.

Then instead of flying in Indians, Thais etc, the govt should spend the money TRAINING Aussie youth in trades, and through sound economic policy creating "real" jobs (not casual etc) for citizens aged 25-50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.