Aus guvmint most intrusive in western world

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Chilli, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Yep no surprises here.I'm sure they are following auspm & yippee around like lost puppies trying to make friends with them .. Have you met new interesting people lately that share your same views guys ? ....... :p:

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

The land of the CO2 tax has the dumbest people on earth, so not too surprised to hear that its citizens keep electing governments which have trodden all over their rights.

Just a pity the small minority of us who actually object to this abuse have to suffer along with the clueless masses who have willingly given away their freedoms.

In the words of the great Benjamin Franklin
    "Those who would willingly give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither and will lose both."

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No surprises here. Wait till the economy gets a little worse and tax revenue dries up. Then we'll see exactly how intrusive they become.

6. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In terms of our neighbourhood, it looks like Singapore and New Zealand are even worse.

7. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Ahhh I'm right again.

The sheeple are happy at least. The more rules they have imposed on them, the more free they feel. :| Friggen tools.

8. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Yep - working hand in hand with the usa gov.
    Drones are the next big thing,big $ being poured into it.
    Will we see a return of the humble sling shot!?

9. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Ha! I loved the slingshot when i was younger.

Holdfast - how about some explanation around the figure you uploaded. Corruption Perception Index doesn't explain much in itself. I think it is a poor diagram as just looking at it it seems that we are one of the most corrupt nations in the world with only Sing and NZ being worse. I know that it is meant to be the reverse in that we are one of the least corrupt but the figure does not illustrate such imo.

10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can barely make out "Corruption Perception Index"

11. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ahhhh Yippe,times like these your back on my Christmas card list and have a seat at the Thanks Giving table!

I remember points in time in the last 15 years when i was looking around at people thinking 'Are you on drugs'

Starting with 911 and the mindless assertion that the US was a victim.
    In those weeks following. the extremely few brave journalists that dared to proffer a balancing observation(I used the word observation and not view deliberately) were derided publicly(like our own Andrew Bolt) and shunned while the war machine companies woke their bankers up and brought new calculators as the restrictions on budgets were now a thing of the past!!

Did people forget about their deplorable policies and actions in the Middle East...all of a sudden the 'US' got to play the Victim and defender of all our rights,called a meeting with all Allied powers and decided that another intelligent justified action for the good of us all was to erase historically hard fought human rights of its own population empowering itself to a degree not seen since the concept of 1984 hit the shelves.I'm out of breath..

Read Hiho's excellent caption.all too true.

Global warming..well OkPoliticians response..Laughable.Populations response to propaganda on every media front and Fairy tales at the time.Gob smacked.

Wind farms.Are you kidding

Solar panelsAre you for real

Carbon trading.Your going to do what??

All sweeping Hold and detain rights..HUH????

Another tax for our benefit...Well ok if we really need it

Your government contract proof reading solicitors were out for lunch when you signed on the dotted line for another 2 billion dollar contract.HhmmSorry?What...and i am going to have to make up the shortfall in losses thru tax due to the other parties better understanding of the fine print.But i thought rape was illegal??

Your going to tighten Gun laws and licensing even further to restrict their ownership by law abiding citizens..but don't criminals source -'unlicensed weapons'- because every licensed gun owner fills out more identification paper work than a passport application and is criminally responsible for their storage and use.
    And can't legal gun owners be searched without cause or reason,personal patt downs included with no search warrant required because as a law abiding citizen we agreed to this inconvenience because we love our sport..Hang on i didn't agree to the reason less road side search.ohh well ok run your hands through my pockets.and for the record i'm not happy to see you.

Racial Vilification laws..I didn't sign a petition for this act that muffles freedom of speech.both personal and religious.'Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"..What??.."The pen is mightier than the sword".Ohhh yeah i forgot about that one!!! Damm you guys are good!!!

I can't believe the world wide communication system that the average person has access to has not delivered us more revolutions against the people that lead us.

Slavery is alive and well..just disguised in a different form.

Yippie- i am sure Benjamin Franklin would be appalled to see the fight against slavery eventually lost in the 20th century.

Denial and mental delusions are easier and less disturbing to accept than the truth and require less emotional work.
    God!!! that guy Scott.M.Peck was an idiot wasn't he.

REDBACK

12. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Redback, read Mark Tier's novel, "Trust Your Enemies" it's very long but I think you'll enjoy it.

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

REDBACK - I love you mate!! :lol: