astrological predictions(mma)

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Peter, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

Causation and correlation; you need to understand that at some point something happened, or a chain of things happened and somebody who was interested in the movements of planets saw a pattern. The interesting thing is that you can see patterns in all sorts of things which have nothing to do with each other - that's our primitive brain at work. Somehow that person reading too deeply into the movements of the planets has convinced generations of people who don't understand science that they are in some way linked.

I lose faith in humans a little more every day.

2. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Scientific inquiry is looking at the evidence without
    Prejudging (prejudice).
    You can't be bothered because you already know the answer.
    And you quote science as your defence.
    Your secure vision of your universe would
    Collapse if there was anything in this

Yes, I'm doubtful too.
    Just look at what this guy predicts, and see if it
    Comes out that way, better than chance would allow.
    Over a long period of time, judge.

It might help make money.

3. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToPvASXTDNs[/youtube]

4. Topherclaus

This post definitely will make every single viewer dumber for having seen it. This guy is as much a nutter as all of the others, he just presents it as 'science' to carry his claims. The only level to which when you were born has been proved to have an effect is to do with seasonal changes, which makes sense with gestation and available nutrients and vitamins available. This claim that the gravity of the planets has anything to do with it is just looney. Do the math and see the numbers for yourself. They're orders of magnitude less than your environmental gravity even (the attraction of 2 people to each other via the laws of gravity). So to suggest that they have any impact is as ridiculous as saying that you feel a little heavier because a mosquito flew by you. And even that had a larger force than the gravity of the other planets.

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures.

Shakespeare said that.

;)

6. systematic

I didnt realise you were an astrophysicist ... look into quantum mechanics ... nah i doubt you have any scientific qualifications at all ... it is clear from your post that you know bugger all about science ... instead of espousing your prejudice why not listen to this interview with a Nobel laureate ... http://www.abc.net.au/radionational...reate-gerald-edelman-on-consciousness/2989818

7. Topherclaus

Quantum mechanics is so poorly understood that even the best in the field wouldn't be able to be as certain about any of it as this bloke is about what he's dribbling. Physics works entirely differently at a quantum level and we're constantly finding new things, but I can guarantee you that what he said was entirely bullshit.

I study physics as part of my degree and I have a particular interest in it, so I can definitely see wheat from chaff when it comes to claims like this.

If the gravity of the planets could have that effect on a developing child then interactions with the way people walk around you would have an effect too. Seriously, people on earth have a bigger gravitational effect on you than those planets. The effect is effectively ZERO. If you had any scientific background you could understand that.

The force from Jupiter when it is closest to the Earth is only 0.0000037% of the force from the Earth. So if I weigh 90kg, the force of the earth on me is ~ 900N, the force of Jupiter when it is closest to earth is 0.000333N. So imagine this force on a developing baby. NOTHING. Every movement the mother makes has a larger force. Literally breathing has a larger force.

8. systematic

It seems you also either didnt listen to the interview with Dr Edelman or didnt undertand it. Seriously the "science" you quote is rubbish ... gravity is poorly understood but its there ... newtonian physics is on the way out ... saying quantum mechanics is poorly understood may be the case for you but not for others ... you dont have to believe or not believe in astrology either ... but it doesnt mean there is nothing in it ...

According to "physics" the EM drive shouldnt work either ... but it does ....

"A group at NASA's Johnson Space Center has successfully tested an electromagnetic (EM) propulsion drive in a vacuum a major breakthrough for a multi-year international effort comprising several competing research teams. Thrust measurements of the EM Drive defy classical physics' expectations that such a closed (microwave) cavity should be unusable for space propulsion because of the law of conservation of momentum."

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/04/evaluating-nasas-futuristic-em-drive/

9. systematic

The physics you are studying for your degree is probably the same rubbish i studied 30 years ago for my degree ... we dont know everything ...

10. Topherclaus

If that ABC link to the laureate chat had less to do with what has been discussed here it would be a cat video. Please tell me you were high when you made that connection.

11. systematic

12. Topherclaus

What's your point? Are you suggesting gravity isn't real? It is measurable. It's one of the most fundamental laws of nature, who cares who first made it mainstream thinking. The calculations are used constantly and dependably.

13. systematic

BTW we now know gravity is not constant ... google it ... maybe you will learn something instead of parroting old paradigms ...

14. Topherclaus

You sent me a link to a guy NOT talking about ANYTHING relevant to the topic, I got a link to how Newton had some wacky ideas (but plenty of great ones), and now you can't even bother to read what I said. I KNOW gravity isn't constant. Anybody with a physics understanding greater than 9th grade knows that and it is not what I said; what I was saying was that the formulae give usable, accurate data. I never said that gravity is a constant, genius.

I am actually very confused with what you believe but I can tell you straight up that astrology is one of the most nonsensical concepts that humans have ever come up with and trying to use a clearly limited understanding of science to 'prove' it is dishonest.

15. systematic

Thats because you are ignorant ... going to a physics class doesnt make you a scientist any more than standing in a garage makes you a mechanic ...

16. systematic

There is an anecdote of an account when the British astronomer Sir Edmund Halley supposedly spoke deprecatingly about astrology to Newton, he is said to have responded, "I have studied the matter [astrology], you sir, have not."

You would do well take heed of that ...

17. Topherclaus

Nope, but going to a mechanic class would... lol. You twat.

I am actually fairly convinced you're trolling based on the idiocy I've seen so far. Though that would also pair with believing astrology so either way I'm talking to a brick wall who wants to either be right or be noticed so I guess you got the latter for a while but to no avail. I'm sorry you fell so far down the rabbit hole buddy, it takes a lot of reasoning to get out, and your lack thereof is how you got in this mess in the first place.

18. systematic

First get a degree in old physics that is outdated more than 200 years ... it might give your ego a boost and make you feel good ... at least your lecturers get a chance to keep a spot on the faculty and pay their mortgages .... but as i discovered it is just the beginning ... as for trolling it is you that is coming into the thread and bagging it ... and your references to getting high ... cat teams ... and addiction to drugs in your slogan has no place in this thread ...

19. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Gold is exhibiting a similar chart setup. Like the DJIA, Gold had formed a three-point downward trendline on its weekly chart, connecting the highs going back to August 2013, to the high February 2016. It finally broke above that trendline, when it was about 1245-1250 in the first week of March. Once broken, Gold rallied to its recent high of 1287.80 March 11. However, instead of continuing the breakout upwards, it reversed and fell back to 1206, this creating a range of about $40.00 above and below the breakout point of 1245. Will the DJIA and Gold continue trading around those fulcrum points of 17,650 and 1245 respectively? Or will they resume the direction of their upside breakouts? Or will they reverse and start to decline in earnest? We may know the answer shortly as both Mars and Pluto turn retrograde April 17-18.

Copied from
    New.mmacycles.com

20. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

we move into Mars retrograde, April 17, one day before Pluto does the same. It will be like putting on the brakes after discovering you have gone way above the speed limit. The police car up ahead noticed that too. Quickly, figure out your explanation for the sudden acceleration. Quickly, calm down and don't lose your temper, as the officer approaches your vehicle. He is not smiling. This may be no win-win situation, so be careful not to make it worse than it needs to be. Do not offer to buy tickets to local police fund raising community picnic. Appeasement will not work, nor will fighting back. It's Pluto in Capricorn. It's karma, for past corruption. It's the Panama Papers, being caught and exposed for all kinds of stupid things you did in the past.

SHORT-TERM GEOCOMICS & LONGER-TERM THOUGHTS

New
    Mmacycles