Assange Show Trial - The fix is in.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by JulieW, Feb 28, 2020.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Reading this makes you realise just how we are oppressed. I believe they will murder Assange and that truth will be forthwith completely elusive.

Read on and weep for the future we once had.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/

In yesterday’s proceedings in court, the prosecution adopted arguments so stark and apparently unreasonable I have been fretting on how to write them up in a way that does not seem like caricature or unfair exaggeration on my part. What has been happening in this court has long moved beyond caricature. All I can do is give you my personal assurance that what I recount actually is what happened.

As usual, I shall deal with procedural matters and Julian’s treatment first, before getting in to a clear account of the legal arguments made.

Vanessa Baraitser is under a clear instruction to mimic concern by asking, near the end of every session just before we break anyway, if Julian is feeling well and whether he would like a break. She then routinely ignores his response. Yesterday he replied at some length he could not hear properly in his glass box and could not communicate with his lawyers (at some point yesterday they had started preventing him passing notes to his counsel, which I learn was the background to the aggressive prevention of his shaking Garzon’s hand goodbye).

Baraitser insisted he might only be heard through his counsel, which given he was prevented from instructing them was a bit rich. This being pointed out, we had a ten minute adjournment while Julian and his counsel were allowed to talk down in the cells – presumably where they could be more conveniently bugged yet again.

On return, Edward Fitzgerald made a formal application for Julian to be allowed to sit beside his lawyers in the court. Julian was “a gentle, intellectual man” and not a terrorist. Baraitser replied that releasing Assange from the dock into the body of the court would mean he was released from custody. To achieve that would require an application for bail.​

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well at least we can be sure of who the real criminals are in that courtroom.

66rounds likes this.
  3. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apparently QEII won't get involved and acknowledges that this is a "political" matter, not criminal.

https://www.rt.com/uk/480974-queen-elizabeth-julian-assange/

Queen Elizabeth won’t get involved in Julian Assange case because it’s a POLITICAL matter – Buckingham Palace
    16 Feb, 2020 16:56
    Get short URL
    [​IMG]
    Queen Elizabeth II and Julian Assange © Reuters / Richard Pohle and Henry Nicholls

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman has said the Queen will not intervene to release Julian Assange, vowing to remain “non-political.” The statement seemingly confirms that Assange’s detention is a political, not criminal, matter.
    With WikiLeaks founder Assange holed up in HM Prison Belmarsh awaiting extradition to the US, activist Chris Lonsdale penned a letter to Queen Elizabeth II last month, asking the monarch to “ensure that Mr. Julian Assange is freed from Belmarsh Prison unconditionally,” in the spirit of “justice, peace and fair-mindedness.”

In a reply posted by Lonsdale on Sunday, a spokeswoman for the Queen said that Her Majesty “remains strictly non-political at all times,” and Assange’s detention is therefore “not a matter in which the Queen would intervene.”

I have received a reply back from Buckingham Palace following my letter & petition to the Queen in support of #JulianAssange some weeks ago. The response says, basically, that the Queen cannot intervene in issues which are Political. This should be used in court. pic.twitter.com/GJVRiAXcTV

— Chris Lonsdale⏳ (@kungfu_mandarin) February 16, 2020
    Assange’s supporters have long argued that his arrest and imprisonment are motivated by politics, not justice. Assange has languished in Belmarsh since his arrest inside London’s Ecuadorian embassy last April, ostensibly on charges of skipping bail in 2012. He is also facing extradition to the US to answer to a litany of espionage charges, related to WikiLeaks’ publication of classified US military documents detailing potential war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan. If convicted, he faces 175 years in prison.

Buckingham Palace’s response seemingly admits that Assange is being persecuted on political grounds.

Also on rt.com Australian senator calls on govt to bring Assange home as journalist faces ‘death’ if extradited to US
    Assange’s health has been in steady decline since his incarceration. Following a visit to Assange in May, UN rapporteur on torture Nils Melzer declared that the former WikiLeaks boss showed “all the symptoms typical for prolonged exposure to psychological torture.”

Melzer added that Assange could be “exposed to a real risk of serious violations of his human rights… including torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment” if he were extradited to the US.

“In 20 years of work with victims of war, violence and political persecution I have never seen a group of democratic States ganging up to deliberately isolate, demonise and abuse a single individual for such a long time and with so little regard for human dignity and the rule of law,” Melzer said. “The collective persecution of Julian Assange must end here and now!”

Shaddam IV and 66rounds like this.
  4. JulieW

It is one of the most appalling persecutions I've seen in my lifetime.

Silver260, Oddjob and Shaddam IV like this.
  5. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What cheese me off the most is that our government did nothing the whole time and intends to keep it that way. If I was in charge I would jail both Labor and Libs for treason over Assange.

yuripuka likes this.
  6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In a world with some pretence of justice the Australian government would be fighting to bring him home and raising hell at the way one of our citizens is being treated by a supposed ally and member of the Commonwealth. Gov.au should be refusing any trade deals with the recently Brexited England until he is sent home to face trial here.

Oddjob and yuripuka like this.
  7. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

A rapist or a burglar or a shoplifter or car thief go to prison they do their time and get on with life.
    Why is it that when the Assanges or the Weinsteins or the Maniforts fo to prison all of a sudden these places are so bad that their weight drops and they need wheelchairs and walking frames to come and go from court?
    I have no doubt that Assange is not enjoying his detention but let us not lose sight of the fact when any of us get accused or a crime be it rape or theft we face our accusers in court and do not run and hide in an embassy.
    I think he may well be hard done by here but i also think this is entirely of his own making by the way he has handled the situation.

8. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Assanges case is a polar opposite to Weinstein.

9. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Only in the sense that Weinstiein went to court to face his accusers instead of running to hide.
    Thanks for pointing it out:)

10. 66rounds

Keep drinking the koolaid my friend.
    One case involves the sexual perversion of those in power.
    The other case involves revenge for revealing dirty state secrets.
    1+1 does not equal 2 in this situation.

JulieW likes this.
  11. Oddjob

I suspect (with my black hat on), the opposite is in play...."Don't kick up a stink Australia and you'll get the trade deal etc"....never let a suffering person get in the way of a trade deal and the political points to be scored from it....prior to an election.

There has to be a hellva lot of games being played by the US re UK to have the UK courts conduct themselves in such a fashion.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  12. Oddjob

An there I was thinking that England was the cradle of western democracy and law....Shame they have taken a few pages from the Stalin / Mao play book on how to run a trial.

[​IMG]

Silver260, 66rounds and sterling-nz like this.
  13. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You heard it here first, “Julian Assange did not commit suicide.”

openeyes, Oddjob and 66rounds like this.
  14. 66rounds

They don't even have to knock him off. He is already not doing too well.

15. JulieW

They will not murder him. They will torture him and destroy his mind. This is why he is in such danger and why the death of journalism is the true trial outcome that the powers that be are seeking.

In the 1960s I wore a badge that said "Consume. Be silent. Die." This is what they want. Brainless consumerism. Silent aquiesence to their crimes. Your death at a time convenient to them.

The silencing and destruction of Assange is the end of truth in mainstream media. When Assange is gone, nobody else will stand and tell the truth because they're then next.

People quote 1984 as the template for our future and destroying Assange makes that future real.

66rounds likes this.