Asian Buyers Set To Cleanout Comex ?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Matthew 26:14, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Asian Buyers Redeeming Physical Silver from SLV Exchange Traded Fund

By Patrick A. Heller on February 17th, 2011

One of my most reliable sources of inside information stated in an interview a couple days ago that Asian buyers are having such great difficulty locating physical silver to purchase that they are now purchasing shares of the SLV silver exchange traded fund (ETF). The plan is to acquire the minimum of 50,000 shares at a time that can then be presented to SLV to redeem for almost 500,000 ounces of physical silver.

One of the provisions of the gold and silver ETFs is that large quantities of shares can be redeemed for the physical metal when presented by authorized parties. The authorized parties are generally the world's largest brokerage firms and banks.

The source also indicated that Asian buyers have been engaging the same tactic with gold ETFs in order to obtain physical gold. This could be the explanation for the significant reduction in outstanding shares of the GLD ETF in the past two months.

There is some concern that SLV does not possess sufficient physical silver to cover redemption of all of its outstanding shares. Instead, some of the metal may be out on lease and some may be covered by paper promises to obtain delivery someday in the future. While it is highly unlikely that such a high percentage of shares might be redeemed quickly to force this issue, it would only take redemption of 10-20% of shares to start some panic scrambling by other SLV owners to get out of their holdings.

This source is a London trader whose name I do not even know. I don't even get the information first hand. He was the one who tipped me off in 2003 that it looked like the Chinese government was adding to its gold reserves without publicly acknowledging it. It turned out that over six years later that the Chinese finally revealed that they had been adding gold reserves since 2003.

To the extent that this information is accurate, my projection of silver spot prices reaching $38 to $45 by the end of March could be too low. Stay tuned for developments.

http://news.coinupdate.com/asian-bu...al-silver-from-slv-exchange-traded-fund-0685/

2. 2003dve

2003dve New Member

Reckon some em' chopped em in this afternoon (GMT)!!

As I write its US $31.62....

3. cdnmetalmetalhead

cdnmetalmetalhead New Member

32.28!

Glad i paid the premium and got some pandas while i could!

4. kram

kram New Member

Pandas and metal are a good match

5. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

I felt pretty dumb when I had to pay $34 for maples a couple weeks back but now I don't feel so bad about it , this uptrend is nice :p