Article in mainstream investor media - AFR Weekend Edition

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Macros_The_Black, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Fin Review February 4-5, P.48 "What's behind the return of gold fever", Andrew Clark

(If you have an online subscription, you'll be able to read it here: http://www.afr.com/p/national/what_behind_the_return_of_gold_fever_ZioPw5xSrlvlh0mBSg0ZFO)

This full page article is the first I've seen for a while that supports the view that gold's bull market is not over and has some way to run yet (*phew*).

More to the point, when a mainstream financial newspaper starts suggesting "this is something worth buying", my ears prick up with the tell-tale contrarian trigger "now I need to be super-aware of when to exit; ie when everyone else is hell-bent on going IN".

IMO that's not a trigger to exit now of course, the "next-door-neighbour-advising-me-to-get-into-precious-metals" factor hasn't kicked my sell sell sell sign yet ... but it's still more optimistic for gold than anything else I've read in mainstream of late (outside of the PM spruikers).

However, what REALLY caught my attention was the quotes from our friends GS and MS ... and what THEY can do to the price of PMs is often discussed in these very forums.

and

I'm thinking GS & MS would hardly talk it up unless there is some very good reason for them doing so ... whatever that is!

Anyway, thought I'd post it here for your edification ...