Are we headed for GFC 2 ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by trew, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Bigfella

Bigfella Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Why do I get the feeling someone is watching me when I click on sites like those these days?

But, I just read a commentary from the Diggers and Drillers newsletter that linked the Bernanke Taper talk with hardcore assessment of the BIS advising that it is time to wind back the QE and easy money policies, with the hardcore response from the Chinese Central Bank to the debt issues there and with the ECB monetary tightening. It seems like a liquidity crisis is now in the making with a coordinated effort to tighten up on global monetary policies with a deflationary crunch.

Isn't there a Thomas Jefferson quote about Banksters stripping the people of their wealth first by Inflation (of the money supply) and then by Deflation (of the money supply)?

3. Bigfella

We are SLAVES!!!

Slaves to the banks, the population of the "free World" just think they have free will but what happens if they stop working and getting an income?

So soon we see who the masters are and we then beg for a JOB, to pay them money.

We are screwed and once you can live with that you can lurn to live within the system. Thats the KEY!!!

4. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

No doubt, it is all a conspiracy!

5. Bigfella

Does anyone ask why 1gram silver bars have been produced????????

Someone seems to think we will need small increments of silver , I say to replace paper Money.

But hey I could be wrong!!!!!!

6. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Gino- there is a popular quote said to be byJefferson, but I'm fairly sure I read that it wasn't really.
    Doesn't change the fact that what is said is accurate however.

7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

OC I've investigated nearly every conspiracy going and they're mostly rubbish, but there is a confluence of events under the control of certain parties, that lead to outcomes that point to an inevitable result, and despite the evidence of that inevitable result, the powers that be continue on their merry way, not amending their plans and apparently 'hoping for the best'. The trouble with 'hoping for the best' is that the 'worst' fulfills so many of the conspiracy theory outcomes.

It has taken me a long time to accept the concept that a tiny group are indeed directing the world as if they were swapping bacteria in a Petri dish. I can no longer find any rational reason for the folly we are seeing, and the inevitable result of a global government and centralised power without the individual freedoms and liberties that we take for granted at the moment.

You've watched the world for a long time, as have I, and in retrospect it is easy to see the threads of actions that have resulted in our current circumstances. I don't see it as much of a stretch that people who have long term plans (multi generational beliefs perhaps) would start those actions knowing the high probability of the end result.(and of course have a Plan B and C waiting)

I'm not trying to pick a bone with you, and agreed, conspiracy or not we have zero influence on its outcome.

I just don't like to see 'them' get away with their conspiracy in the shadows. But as the old quote goes 'Treason doth never prosper since if it prospers none dare call it Treason'.

The organising principle of any society is war and it's not too much of a stretch to puts kings into the picture fighting for control of the entire world, using whatever means they have at their disposal. We will never be those people so it is impossible to imagine how that power and privilege would motivate the outcomes we are seeing, but we can at least see the serpent forming within the barely translucent egg.

8. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

This is certainly an easy one to sell to people, or so it seems, but I'm not sure why you would think there are people directing the world.

If you think about world history and the way things have developed through the agricultural revolution to the industrial revolution to the information revolution, it's fairly clear to me that there is no-one (or group) guiding it. You see this in the actions of the market in that in the long run it goes the way that it wants to. Yes, Central Banks are in there manipulating interest rates and such and all these things have consequences but I honestly don't see a guiding hand behind it all. There are many people trying to control others on different levels obviously (it's what govt's do), but no small group that I can detect.

9. boyracer

boyracer Member

I think you mean this one http://www.snopes.com/quotes/jefferson/banks.asp

10. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

You're about spot on with that line, Trew. I can't honestly recall a time when things have looked, and smelled "this bad" out there.

11. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

For cheapskates and to rip off amateurs on Ebay.

12. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Julie,

We are in broad agreement, but the purpose of my comment was the seeming dominance of this 'conspiracy' view in many posts on many subjects from many members on this forum.

Somebody mentions the "Bilderburg Group' and the posts go mad, as if Prince Charles or Henry Kissinger have any influence anywhere. Charles is a never was and Kissinger is a has been, both on an ego trip. The British Royal Family has NIL influence anywhere, not since Charles 1st anyway.

I cannot accept that there is a bunch of men, not women, plotting the course of the world over a port at the Melbourne Club in Collins Street, or in NYC. I have no doubt that they talk and agree on a course of action, but that is not as part of a Master Plan. Each is protecting and advancing his own interests.

As with banks, the market co-ordinates their actions. A bank that offers 2% above the Fixed Deposit rate will get plenty of funds, but that bank MUST lend it out at 2% above the lending rate to stay in business, but they will get no borrowers and they will go broke. The MARKET governs both rates. It is not a collusion of banks and they watch each other like a hawk!

From where I sit, if these blokes are plotting the course of the world they are doing a horrible job of it, and navigating the ship onto the rocks.

Agree about the "zero influence". And I always abide by the rule, "if it is a choice between a conspiracy and a stuff up, go for the stuff up every time".

JMO

OC

13. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

99% agree, but remember that every now and then there's a confluence of interests that encourage them to lobby the true coercive entity (Government) to rewrite the rules in their favour. This happens frequently enough that it plants the seed of truth for bigger and badder conspiracy nonsense to flower.

14. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Not really, it's 'just' about the trigger event for the next black swan event, wherein multiyear/decade boom trends figures are 'undone' in a matter of months, weeks and even single days.
    This is a good article about what is going on, not a conspiracy, just reality breaking the statistical/probability windows:
    http://edge.org/conversation/the-fourth-quadrant-a-map-of-the-limits-of-statistics

15. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

When are they going to admit Australia is at least in a recession......Centrelink payments recipients are up 20% than last year, theres not many jobs available on the internet, and theres factories and businesses closing down left right and centre.

16. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is there any published data available for the average working hours of Australians per week?

17. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

18. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks, but I was looking for something a little more current and updated monthly or so. I know the US publish average working hours but I don't think Australia does.

19. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No conspiracy here.

SARCASM

[​IMG]