Are we going to miss gold's next move

Discussion in 'Gold' started by SilverSanchez, Apr 30, 2011.

1. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

When did you start stacking silver ? Lets say you were one of the guns that started at $11 and now silver has quadded that ... how much more wealth do you think can be built from this point on from "1 may 2011" on the silver train ? Whatever money you had at the start you have quaded, do you think it will quintuple with silver before it corrects or do you think its a straight arrow to the top ?

Reason im asking is, once the silver play reaches its end you might want to take a look at some other classes of investments (if its wealth building your after, cause pretty soon there will be ALOT, specially if you have fiat ready on standby) however if you believe its silver all the way then thats ok too :)

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Actually my wife's already got her eye on a 9 acre block on Chesapeake Bay ;)

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Well i'd have to say OIL for one...

OIL costs more ounces of gold now than it did back in 2009 ...

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Unfortunately i'm a newbie and only started stacking silver at around $22/Oz.

To be honest i believe that silver still has a very far way to go for these reasons:
    1. Its still undervalued compared to gold.
    2. The kind of manipulation by Wall Street that has kept silver so low for so long is on the wane now and i believe silver will increasingly be allowed to trade freely.
    3. Compared to stocks and real estate silver still has a long way to appreciate if past asset cycles are anything to go by - which i believe they are.
    4. The new industrial applications of silver are immense and the fact is nearly all of these destroy silver for all practical intents and purposes.
    5. The investor demand for silver will continue its strong growth as people the world over use it to store their wealth in defiance of bankers and governments which are doing everything in their power to steal every cent of wealth they can via their fiat fractional reserve banking systems...

Given all these factors - and i'm sure there are more - I dont see any end in sight for silver's bull run at this stage.
    As i said to Contrarian earlier on today we need not worry about gold or silver becoming over valued while we have the criminally insane Keynsian pseudo economic principles being applied by Western governments ... and i dont see this ending soon. It will take total collapse of the financial system to get rid of these barstads for good!

Your point is well made here, and yes i will certainly be looking to move most of the wealth i aquire in silver into real estate and stocks when i believe the time is right.
    currently both these asset classes are still laughably expensive ito silver (and gold) so i'll definately be sticking to silver for the forseeable future...

If people like Ron Paul actually take office throughout the western world and start applying sane economic principles (Austrian economics) and use honest money (backed by gold and silver) - only then do i believe will the time come when the smart money may look at moving into other asset classes.

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

GP - now THERE's an asset class which i believe gold can buy you a lot of ... US real estate!! ;)

6. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

can australians own US property without being a US resident/citizen?

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

yep

8. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Does it lead to a residency option?

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

not as far as i know. will need to keep playing the lotto ....

10. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

i'd imagine some of these rental properties will already be producing quite a high % rate of return...

but the currency fluctuations would make for an interesting obstacle to negotiate when repatriating income?

11. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

20% odd but it's a minefield of useless crap properties/areas and they don't have property managers over there as we know them - money to be made over there but you have to know what your doing.

Disclaimer: I do not own US property I looked at it realised I didn't know enough and am attempting to learn more in the mean time staying out of the "minefield"

edit: also as a foreign investor you have to stump up alot of cash upfront.