Are u just accumulating silver??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by primaticves, Dec 17, 2010.

1. primaticves

primaticves Member

hey everyone just wondering are u guys just buying silver and waiting for it to go up and selling it at the top?? I hear of mike maloney saying it will go up to $1500 an ounce whether it will or not i dont know but i hope so. Should i be looking at other asset classes such as real estate?

my plan is to just buy silver when the economy craps itself i sell my silver buy some real estate or something and retire or do something else.
    my question is what are you guys doing? or is my stratagy just stupid? thanks

2. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

Silver (and PM in general) is just 1 leg of my investment tier (and a small one to be honest) my largest exposure is real estate followed by shares PM is my hedge/wealth store and to be honest speculation. If silver prices more than double ($60+/ounce) I will probably start selling my stack off in small alotments until I'm sitting on 50% and I will free ride that to whereever it goes whilst reinvesting the money in whatever asset class I feel will perform best at the time (obviously if no other asset classes look good at the time I'll stay in PM).

3. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

I subscribe to the school of thought that there are cycles in investing (maybe 5-7 years).

For some years, real estate will have the growth. Then, it might be the stock market.

However IMO the period we are currently in is good for commodities, inc. Precious metals.

Having said all of that, your idea of buying silver now, holding until "the economy craps itself", then selling and buying house/land, is not unique. There are a few people here doing exactly what you suggest. This is known as the SHTF Scenario :)

4. Comper100

Comper100 Member

I've jusy started my stacking adventure. I'm not sure what my trigger price to sell would be but i guess i'll know when it happens but yes i'm just accumulating at the moment, I have other exposure also in property and shares but, I'm no where near having the amount of silver I want!

5. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Buying numismatic value silver, always well over spot. Usually proof coins. I'm thinking I cant lose. As good as real estate, better than gold. Why? because silver has so many industrial applications. There's more & more people & less silver to go around.

Hoping my retirement is already taken care of with my small silver collection?

6. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

Im pretty sure you just quoted 99% of this forum.

7. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Well even if you only have 100 ounces & the price goes to $1K in the next five years. There's a handsome profit.

8. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

i got just 100 ounces i be happy if it goes to $100 an ounce

9. primaticves

primaticves Member

i'm trying to go for 200kg no where there yet haha :p means something like 10million! :p IF it were to go for $1500 an ounce like mike maloney says

10. overdraft3

overdraft3 New Member

Fiddling with real estate at the moment overseas . Ag is on a loose hold thou I think its second choice . I own the house here but our rights and freedoms have been eroded so much so since Keating stabbed Hawke in the back and or its a toss up between when Ita Butrose gave bobby the honorary feminist award and the back stab . We can have all the money in the world or silver etc but gee im sceptical in a country only a few hundred years old western history we are fast becoming to have less freedom to speak and think than countries with thousands of years . Im not into glorified slavery . so im hedgeing my bets. Perhaps with this new age travel/tech one might call me a sperm stacker but at this stage in my life mostly I want my kids to be happy . Dont get me wrong im trying hard to stop this joint becoming an island prison like sing but gee it seems the writings on the wall . My family fought in both world wars and my home is dotted with pictures of the fallen . sometimes I wonder why and was it all worth it ? when i see what is going on in Okky today . i.e the multi nationals running gunshot over us gasping for air drowning in legislation , hobbled at every step . Bring back the Sunday family drive and friday night fish and chips i say !

11. Blockhead

Blockhead Active Member

SILVER HOUSE TRANSFER FANTASY

12. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

The data shows that in time of Economic and Political turmoil PM price will rise. Price of Real Estate will crash to the bottom. As price of real estate bottoming, property RENTAL price will rise. The reason being is, as Real Estate price crashing massive selling of properties by Investors will occur. Because of this, there won't be alot of people buying Properties as investment, besides those who were in property market before the crash will get wipe out when the crash occur so they're not in financial shape to get back into Real Estate market (neither they want to).

So this is a prime time to jump ship from the now peaking PM price to the now bottoming Real Estate price.

Remember in time of Economic and Political turmoil, there are very few RENTAL properties available. Nobody is in any good shape to buy anything (except for you, PM holders :)) Therefore RENTAL price skyrocket! When this is happen you want to have the money (Gold/Silver) to buy up all these dirt cheap properties and enjoy the high rental income.

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You don't mean now in Australia chimpanchu ? I think you'll find another 12 months of softening in the Aus market will be needed along with a jump in PM prices for this to apply to the Australian situation.

14. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

@chimpanchu, it's interesting for me to read someones ideas so closely related to mine.
    I thought the same, peaking PM, bottomed out RE, that's the time to get out of PM.
    Mike Dillard, this interenet marketing guy, just released another "training" package.

That's why i'm here, now, because his "trailer" was briefly about getting into PM. But ... he was almost assuming that you're already in PMs, because his product for sale was a training package on what to do next. And I "felt" or guessed straightaway, it's gotta be RE. Cause it'll be bottoming in a "recession/depression", and it always comes back.

But I liked your rental information. That confirms the idea even more.

And it doesn't matter if this takes another 2-5 years to unfold. Or 10 even. I'm happy having silver around. (well ... expecting our first to arrive next week).

Cheers,

15. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Mike Maloney may be right in saying silver will go to$1500 oz but please don/t hope for it. It could be a scenario when everything goes up by x50 times. A 2 litre coke, a loaf of bread,and a kg of bananas please, That will be $1500 thanks.

It must be remembered that following the great depression of 1929, the ten years following were a period of hardship for most working class people followed by a war for six years followed by several years of recovery. Most of us have had our noses in the trough from 1960 till quite recently.

We are currently world wide (except Australia and Asian countries) in another recession/depression. I can't see how the USA can pay back 12 trillion dollars and we may well see hyper inflation so that they can repay this debt . If this is the case you may well see $1500 silver and food prices to match.

The best case scenario IMHO for us silver stackers is for silver prices to go to the15:1 ratio for gold bringing the price of silver up to $100 oz and somehow for the economy to keep bumbling along.

In summing up I don't think $1500 oz silver will be good for silver stackers. However I have been proved wrong many times before .EG I thought that the GFC would be far worse, but then again it ain't over yet. IS IT?

Regards Errol 54

16. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Over a 1-2 week period I listened to Chris Martenson's Crash Course videos. The man has done his homework. Some of the information is disturbing to learn like the massive GDP manipulation and the fact that most of the high energy coal in the US has already been mined. His basic premise is that things are going to be harder as cheap, abundant energy has allowed for most of the improvements in society. In addition, we are not addressing the coming energy shortage problem. The videos are well worth listening to. If oil goes up tremendously, the cost of growing food or mining silver will increase a lot. Therefor, the value of silver already mined should increase in value. If CM is correct, much more of our incomes will be going to daily living needs and there won't be a lot left over for wants.

My personal opinion is that the Dow-Gold ratio will be 1-.65 within about 5 years. Since I don't see the stock market crashing to 1000, I believe pms have much further to rise. As far as the debt, the bondholders are going to get screwed. Ireland will likely vote in a new government that will take the Icelandic route and tell the banksters to shove it. Citizens are slowly waking up. Repudiation of debts by Ireland could likely start a chain reaction amongst the PIIGS. And if more than one country repudiates their debts, the bonds of debtor nations will likely crash. Before the financial system can repair itself, the massive debts owed by many of these countries needs to be wiped out or massively reduced. But what happens to the currencies and pms before, during and after debt defaults? Interesting times.