are there Argor Heraeus Kinebar fake bars?

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by silverprepper999, May 16, 2015.

1. silverprepper999

silverprepper999 New Member

Thinkig of buying 5gram Heraues Kinebar gold bars in cericards. Are there fake ones? (I know I wont buy fake, but when its time to sell, if there are a lot of fakes outthere buyers are less atracted to it) ?

example image of 10g bar
    [​IMG]

2. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Ive never heard of a fake one. They are good looking. I know where you can buy one

3. silverprepper999

I buy it from german dealer. At the moment 5 grams are 190EUR + shipping (12+ 2,5% paypal).

you know any cheaper place?

4. silverprepper999

5. eurokrem

eurokrem Member

Yes there are fake Kinebars, fake Goldbars are more common than most of people thinks, i would never buy common market sealed goldbar, never ever, only sealed goldbars i have are Australian Dreaming goldbars 2,5g and 5g because i find them very nice looking and with their low mintage i don't ever heard for faked Dreaming bars in that size.
    Yes, sealed golbar looks something bigger in hand because of all of that plastik wrap, for pair more you could buy a nice 1935L Vreneli 5,81g LMU gold coin and enjoy a nice gold feeling in your fist, and you could easily check if this coin real goldcoin is without loosing on worth, a litle scratch on those Vreneli don't hurt anybody, its only a proposal since i think you could get Vreneli easily there.

6. silverprepper999

ok, I should stick to 1/4oz 999 coins then better.

7. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

The fakes look so good they're disgusting.

8. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

They are very different. look at the size of the transparent plastic around the outside of the card size etc etc.

There are fakes of pretty much everything at this stage. Faking a kinebar takes a lot of effort compared to many bars and these are fairly easy to spot just by the packaging.

see here....coins won't save you but buying/swapping from vendors will.

http://elsiegroup.en.alibaba.com/

http://elsiegroup.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-801369463/Perth_Mint.html

I wish the mints would get together and sue the arse off alibaba. IMO they are letting their customers down by not acting and would financially benefit in settlement.

These are instruments of fraud, counterfeits and copyright, trademark and design violations of law and utterly illegal to profit from trading in them.

Gucci, Foreign Luxury Brands Sue Alibaba In New York Over Sales Of Counterfeits
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/russell...ibaba-in-new-york-over-sales-of-counterfeits/
    "Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and other brands owned by Kering SA filed a lawsuit in New York on Friday against China e-commerce giant Alibaba Group for knowingly allowing the sale of fakes on its website, the South China Morning Post reported today."

Alibaba is literally asking to pay compensation to JM, Perth, RCM, heraeus etc

Why they can't meet hire a law firm and get cracking protecting their products and brand and CUSTOMERS is beyond me. If they can't be bothered then the deserve to be punished by buyers.

FYI

I own some kinebars including genuine 2gs which I lost in a boating accident along with a bunch of stuff from other mints.

9. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

FYi

Assorted fake Vreneli on alibaba

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Swiss-20-franc-Helvetias-Copy-Metal_60028783897.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-Sales-of-custom-Swiss-20_60207865514.html

You can easily check a kinebar too.

The problem is alibaba making profit selling instruments of fraud..