April 26th - Gold Price Predicted to Fall Significantly

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Photonaware, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

2. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for posting. But no, not concerned.

1. "And if central banks decide to resume selling their gold reserves, such a move could be extremely detrimental for gold prices, given that current total central bank holdings (at about 30,000 tons) amount to roughly 12 years of current mine supply. Clearly, the central banks' decisions to either continue purchasing gold, or revert to their historical role as major suppliers of the yellow metal, merit close watching given the massive influence that central banks wield on the gold market."

The article fails to mention why the central banks have been purchasing gold. It just says "if they decide to sell, it could be trouble."

Suggest the author need to read fofoa.blogspot.com to understand why CBs are back into gold in a big way.

2. In the entire article, not one mention of 'inflation'.

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So they're saying that despite a market that does not behave like a commodity they'll estimate the price as if it is a commodity?

I wonder if these guys have had second thoughts:
    http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1286287320.php

But I don't discount a drop to their price guess - as someone here said, it will go up, then down then up again and maybe sideways a bit and down and then up. Technically known as the zig-zag effect I think.:)

4. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Why does this info/propaganda come out a few days or so after S&P announcment regarding US ability to pay its debt etc? Scare tactics to direct people away from PM's maybe?
    Same old story, keep people away from the real money. I won't be surprised at all if the price drops becauses the forces that be will be doing their best for that to happen

5. Arsenal

Arsenal New Member

Exactly, same old story and sooner or later the market forces will push Gold and Silver up when the market loses faith in all the money that is being printed up.