APMEX

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by copperhead, Apr 10, 2021.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Apmex is offering a nice feature Auto Invest
    You pick the PM type ( decent overall choices )
    & once a month in the mail it comes / income averaging
    for auto invest about $100 is minimum but big rollers
    can really go strong .
    I'm going small one silver eagle one gram gold ( there Choice )
    if prices go down id have to readjust cause I'm at the edge of $100 current PM values
    regardless seems like a great idea to have casually working in the background wile other
    investments ongoing

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  2. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I saw that too. Seems like a good way to do it.

3. Alloy

Alloy Active Member

Is it arbitrarily timed, like on a set date? That would be suboptimal, potentially buying high instead of low.

I've long wondered why dealers don't offer automated purchases triggered by specified conditions. I guess that's called a "limit order" in the stock market context. Texas Precious Metals is the only dealer I know of that offers this.

What I want is to be able to say something like: If the price of silver dips to a 30 day low, buy X dollars worth of whatever product I specified, like new silver Maples. Or when silver falls below a specific number. Or lots of other possible conditions, like a combination of silver spot price and low premiums on a given product.

I don't know what Texas Precious Metals offers in terms of settings, but I assume spot price has to be one of them.