Anything worthwhile to purchase in Jakrata?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Lord_Dudley, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Lord_Dudley

Lord_Dudley Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi all,

I have someone visiting Jakarta this Christmas break. Is there anything worth buying over there in the PM range?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

LD

2. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hmm, not sure where you can find them but they have some Logam Mulia gold bars that look pretty cool.

3. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don't know about bars or coins but I have a friend that just holidayed to Indonesia and Malaysia early this year. He bought 3k worth of gold jewellery thinking he was getting it for a good price and also to avoid stamp duty. He told me they were all 22 carot gold. but when he showed me the jewellery I pointed out to him that they all had no stamps on them to determine when gold content was in them. Checked up on internet and found out that in those countries they always lie and short change people with gold content. I wouldn't buy any kind of PMs there.

4. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gold Jewellery would be the go here, like your men gold bracelet or chain, and you can get stuff like 22 or 23 carat no problem. if you visiting someone, your host can point out the trusty jewellery shop. you will get 2 receipt, one regular and the other one with just the item description and details (like design, weight and purity) for you to bring back to the shop to sell back.

I wouldn't buy any of gold bar bullion, as you will never recover the premium you pay for it.

Jewellery would be the go. And tailored suits if you need it for work. :D