anyone own Monsanto shares ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by southerncross, Feb 1, 2013.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Kill yourself.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkionqWPc-Q[/youtube]

2. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol: What a beat-up. Agree that Biotech I.P. laws need to go however.

3. finchy

finchy New Member

Very disturbing indeed

They continue to mess with our water
    mess with our food
    mess with our health
    & mess with our money

Seems like the man with the most money wins in this world & we are just
    the pawns running round making them their money,consuming everything put before us
    without question

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

When did you figure that out? :lol:

That is the way of the world and it always will be., it is the natural order of things. That is why I'm trying to reclaim a little of the power, and hoard it to pass on to my children.

5. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there is anything natural about wanting to kill off your own species (indirectly) through greed and pompous notions of grandeur. Oh also forgot to mention or need to kill everything else off too (to make more room for us..which is exactly what's going to kill us off in the future).

So who's investing in Monsanto?

6. mmm....shiney!

Tell me what is unnatural about killing? It may be immoral (to a certain degree) but there is nothing unnatural about it.

If I invested in shares and if I considered Monsanto to provide a good return, I'd buy Monsanto shares and not blink, the majority of opposition to GM foods is tripe. I don't think I'd buy shares in Metal Storm though, but that's the beauty of a personal ethics system, it can be genetically modified to suit.

7. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A century from now, we'll look back and see see anti-GM activists as the Luddites* they are. These fools are of the same vein as those who opposed vaccination against smallpox.

*Luddite: any opponent of technological progress

8. finchy

finchy New Member

^ yeah ?
    Well you let me know how it works out for ya,after eating a couple of decades worth of gm experiments?

As always in life,generally if something aint broken you dont need to fix it.
    Weve done perfectly fine without crops & produce being pumped full of hormones & being genetically modified before,im sure we can do perfectly fine without it in the future.

Everyones entitled to an opinion -but to hell with that if they think they can alter what i & my family choose to eat for the sake of their greed & profit margin at the expense of my health.

Again man thinks he can do better & more often than not he fails miserably in the long run.

9. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

I was reading abit on wikipedia and apparently they gave these terminator seeds

Genetic use restriction technology, colloquially known as "terminator technology", produces plants that have sterile seeds. If put into use, it would prevent the spread of those seeds into the wild. It also would prevent farmers from planting seeds they harvest, requiring them to repurchase seed for every planting, although they also need to do this for hybrid seeds, because second-generation seeds are inferior, and in cases of patented transgenic seeds, where patent-holders like Monsanto enter into contracts with farmers who agree not to plant harvested seeds as a condition of purchase.
    Terminator technology has been developed by governmental labs, university researchers, and companies, sometimes in collaboration and sometimes independently.[94][95][96] The technology has never been known to have been used commercially.[97][98] Rumors that Monsanto and other companies intended to introduce terminator technology have caused protests, for example in India.[99][100]
    In 1999, Monsanto pledged not to commercialize terminator technology, and has kept that pledge on its website to the present day.[97][101] The Delta and Pine Land Company intended to commercialize the technology,[96] but D&PL was acquired by Monsanto in 2007.[102]

11. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

12. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Vaccination or Sanitation? My money is on Sanitation
    [​IMG]
    http://www.vaclib.org/intro/present/index.htm#8

13. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

If you plan to grow your own vegetables/fruit, buy Eden Seeds.

Regards Errol 43

14. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

15. mmm....shiney!

It's been going on for centuries and if it wasn't for genetic modification, we would still be hunter gatherers, but of course that is in no way a justification for carte blanche genetic modification.

Just make sure you read the real science, not just the hyped up scare tactics like sx posted, nor the commercially vested interests of transnational corporations. Most reading matter that is published that is anti-xxxxxxxxxx or pro-xxxxxxxxxx is always over the top and full of bullshit, whether it be GM foods, coal mines, silver investing or the place of gold in modern economies. I met a person many many years ago who would not go outside because sunshine is a killer, cuckoo. :rolleyes:

Basically, you should be free to exercise your right to purchase organic or GM free foodstuffs, or dolphin safe or Dog-free Guaranteed without forcing that obligation on others. If you don't want to wear fur that's cool (and probably cold too :p ), but don't coerce others. ;)

This is a good article: http://www.24hgold.com/english/contributor.aspx?article=4112638642G10020 it's originally from Casey Research which I think has been promoting investment in biotechnology.

16. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

If they wouldnt go outside that means you were in their house ...hmmm & what were you doing in the retards house shiney ? huh ? :p:

I agree totally about making up your own mind to buy or not to buy GM foodstuffs the problem is you dont really know where it is . I would like full disclosure that would help . Personally i dont touch any GM foods that i know of

A good example is deep fried foods at most fish & chip shops use GM cottonseed oil to fry the foods but not many people know they do .

I'l wait until theyve been around for 20 odd years before i make the decision to purposely ingest GM foods . The way it is you wouldnt have a clue whats what.

17. mmm....shiney!

That's a good point reno, well that blows my story out of the water then.

(I wonder how many other lies shiney! has told?) :D

18. mmm....shiney!

Ha ha bitch ;) , we use a combination of animal fat and a blended vegetable oil, we refuse to use cottonseed oil, not because it is GM modified but because it's messy apparently. Or so the boss tells me. I wouldn't know, I don't do "cleaning".

19. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

He's a milkman and she invited him in so they could 'talk' away from the sun......?

20. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

(Editing a double post)