anyone else got that feeling something is about to give?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by leo25, Sep 22, 2011.

1. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

-The USD rallying above 78,
    -US 30 year treasury's looking to head below 3 and on towards its all time low,
    -US 5 year treasury's at its all time low of 0.85,
    -Gold & Silver moving down,
    -Stockmarks looking like they are about to collapse,
    -Greece 1 year Bond at 133! (had to add that in :p)
    -The FED injecting more USD to Europe
    -Bernanke looks like he is about to shit his self.
    -Italy about to join Greece,
    -everyone seems to be getting downgraded
    and the list goes on....

Oh on a good note Australia's housing market is starting to pick up :cool: I'm so glad things are different here.

All we need now is a few more earthquakes and hurricanes to top it off.

2. perthsilver

perthsilver Member Silver Stacker

I read this and thought the same thing

http://goldsilver.com/news/nervous-...ig-is-about-to-happen-in-the-financial-world/

#7 So far this year, the largest bank in Italy has lost over half of its valueand the second largest bank in Italy is down 44 percent.

#10 In 2009, Greece had a debt to GDP ratio of about 115%. Today, Greece has a debt to GDP ratio of about 160%. All of the austerity that has been imposed upon them has done nothing to solve their long-term problems.

#11 The yield on 1 year Greek bonds is now over 129 percent. A year ago the yield on those bonds was under 10 percent.

#13 Italy now has a debt to GDP ratio of about 120% and their economy is far, far larger than the economy of Greece.

#16 European central banks are now buying more gold than they are selling. This is the first time that has happened in more than 20 years.

#18 Israel has dumped 46 percent of its U.S. Treasuries and Russia has dumped 95 percent of its U.S. Treasuries. Do they know something that we don't?

3. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL You have a penchant for being mischievous I see. :)

4. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]
    Source:

5. Capricorn

Capricorn New Member

There's a lot to be said for fastening your seatbelt and hanging on. You only take a loss if you sell. None of this is done and dusted by a long shot.

6. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, they are just doing something about what we all DO know :) meanwhile everyone else has their head in the sand

[​IMG]

7. Nukz

Nukz New Member

I hate to laugh but i found the way he speaks to be a good indicator. If you go back on his speeches around the time Lehman collapsed you can hear the fear in his voice.

8. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the post, unfortunately all the indicators you pointed out go way above my head, I am but a simple man.

All I know is that a house would take six years of all my pretax earnings for me to buy, back in the UK when I left it would only take about three years to own a place and that was waaaaaaaaay too expensive,

last year I could eat out at the RSL for $9.99, now the cheapest specials are around $12.99.

My investment properties were earning more money that I was just by existing,

the government is taking money off of me and then giving it back to me to buy soloar panels and water butts, things I would have bought with my own money anyway.

I have been through two PCs and two laptops in the past three years, they cost a fortune but breakdown in next to no time.

Our council has spent $680,000 on sea defenses, to protect about 100 metres of coastline, all they are are flat concrete slabs laid on end.

We have an empty 5 or 6 story high luxury block of units on the seafront, all prices start at 1 million and they have been empty for nearly two years, but the lights have been on every night and a night watchman is always there to guard the place.

The council has also ripped up all the main high street and the street behind it and spent months putting it all back together again, slightly different. Shops are losing business and some are really struggling, traffic is re routed and the Sunday market is displaced, but no one wanted it changed.

Not sure what all your fancy words mean but I for one am planting my own vegetables and stockpiling staples! Silver being one of the staples of course.

9. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your a wise man.

10. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And Australia has a government that seems to have no awareness of any of the indicators mentioned in the above posts whatsoever.

11. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

12. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

I thought I was the sarcastic one !!! - I see our strong pillars being shaken by the world Sampson, with the same result

13. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Don't forget award winning treasurer and the most loved prime minister of this century.

14. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Fed is decided going to mess around with Treasuries and announced on 9 of August to keep interest rates low for 2 years.
    The market did not understand why the Fed was basically admitting that a recovery is at least a couple of years away, and why they need to announce specific time. They couldn't predict the mortgage crisis, nor where the economy was headed just 3 months ago, but now they can predict that inflation will remain controlled for the next two years??
    OK, but we finally know now that the real reason for the two years announcement on the 9th of August was "Operation Twist" to provide additional liquidity to the system "to help support the economic recovery." The Fed said that they would allocate $400 Billion toward a program to purchase Treasuries of 6 and 30 year maturities, and sell an equal amount of Treasuries with maturities of 3 years or less.
    The Fed believes that this way the upward pressure on the $400 Billion short maturities that they sell would be a minimal, given their insistence on leaving short term rates near zero for 2 years.

15. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have a feeling that in about 7 hours time when I wake up two things that I am not going to want to do is look at the news on TV, or at the gold and silver charts.

16. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:)

Rock solid.

:/ :| :(

17. Nukz

Nukz New Member

So how about that Carbon tax, we might be sinking but we will be doing it saving that 0.00001% of the worlds carbon Australia produces.

Feels good!

18. LvM

LvM Member

Get a mac ;-)

19. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

The Weapon's of Wealth Destruction...

Taxing are way to prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick it up by the handle.

Cant remember who said it. Winston Churchill?

20. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Must resist.........