Anyone Else Experience AusPost Delay in International Shipping?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by House, Jul 13, 2014.

1. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sold something on eBay and buyer was happy if I sent it when I got back from Taz. Item was lodged with AusPost on 1st July and provided "tracking" number/photo of lodgment receipt to buyer. Buyer tries to use tracking number but for whatever reason, international tracking numbers come up as invalid. So he opens an 'item not received' case.

Called AusPost on the 5th to find out where the package is and was told it had left Sydney and was on it's way to the US. Called again on the 11th for an update but was then told that it had only just left on the night before :/ No explanation was offered as to why it took a full 10 days to be sent other than "oh, that's unusual".

How should I proceed with this in the eBay case? I've provided tracking, asked AusPost to email him and accept blame etc but not sure what else I can do...

2. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10 working days plus is how long stuff Ive sent to the US via registered has taken. Buyers were nervous but all were patient enough to wait and received their goods eventually.

3. House

I meant it took 10 full days to actually leave Aus!

4. Eureka Moments

Yeah, sucks big time but unless it goes express for them theres no hurry.

Tell ebay and the buyer they cannot proceed with undelivered goods claim as you have proven its in transit, then go have a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down. :p

5. House

Had to Google Bex... I have Dilmah, that'll do instead.

He's messaged me almost every second day for the last week asking where it is and it's so hard remaining nice and apologetic about it!

6. LTEK4NZ

LTEK4NZ Member Silver Stacker

Happens all the time. For packages coming into Aus. International tracking can see it all the way to Brisbane, and then it disappears. for upto two months.

7. Eureka Moments

The ads on the radio used to have people running for them.

Voice like Frank Walker (from national tiles) on steroids screaming..." B E X, BEX IS BETTER!"

8. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sold a $50 book on fleebay + $50 postage
    Postage cost me $70 , didn't ask for any more $
    The tracking stops once it leaves Aus unless you pay for xpress
    It took her 1 week to file a claim :rolleyes:
    It took 2 months for the book to arrive :rolleyes:
    I've had better luck sending to Asia & Europe

9. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

As a recipient of packages from OZ over 120 to date, I have nothing but praise for Auspost and Royal Mail. All packages I get sent by Registered Post International, and if UK customs are not involved the package arrives within 7 days.
    If UK customs are involved package usually arrives within 10 days or to be exact I get a notice to pay duty and pick up at post office longest delivery time was 14 days due to customs.

10. House

All good, issue resolved. For some reason the package was delivered to the US on Friday but on their system was showing as just having left Aus... Was thankfully able to track it with USPS so buyer closed the case.

Bex fridge magnets are available of any of you old boys want to reminisce :p

[​IMG]

11. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Sent a coin to Ireland via Insured Airmail. Took 3 weeks to arrive (confirmed by buyer). 2 weeks after sending rang Australia Post to confirm delivery. Got a letter from them 2 months after the initial call stating the package had been delivered. If I had an ebay dispute I would have been screwed by Paypal.

12. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

If you send by auspost registered post international the recipient signs for the package and you are sent an airmail receipt. I have found this as a buyer the best way to have coins sent to me,120+ packages with no problems speaks for itself.

13. olifrated

olifrated Active Member Silver Stacker

I send items overseas all the time

Never use auspost as they are too expensive

You people really should be using skippy post or Interparcel

Both quicker and cheaper

14. wildwood

wildwood New Member

Hi
    Do not worry I always if can stick to Australia to buy because the post is more expensive than the item.
    As the poster said you can prove you have done the right thing. Have the tea forget the Bex and go buy something nice for yourself.

Wildwood

15. wildwood

wildwood New Member

Hi
    I am new here so thank you all for having me

Was thinking of selling on Ebay know nothing of the international postage as always have tried to buy here
    But after reading what your all saying I do not think I really need the hassle

So learned something already thanks a lot

Wildwood

16. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Bought some coins earlier this month that were shipped AusPost. Seemed like the coins sat at AusPost for a few days, but when the coins left AusPost, the remainder of the transit time was fast.

17. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It's crazy, seems to work in reverse at times too. Here's a parcel I'm waiting on through Fedex, 3 days to leave the States, it's been in Oz for 10 days!!

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/753_screen_shot_2014-09-02_at_81930_am.png][​IMG][/imgz]

18. Kael

Kael New Member Silver Stacker

I bought something on eBay shipped from VIC on the 17 august delivered by aus post yesterday. It was in the Perth area for a week on the vehicle according to the tracking.

19. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My record is a small parcel I received from overseas last month.... 5 months after it was sent. The seller had already resent me a replacement (which arrived within weeks) and written off the original.

Within Australia, I had a parcel from a big eBay seller in Melbourne never turn up in Sydney so they sent me another. Eventually they emailed to check that I had received the second shipment (I had) because a number of weeks later AusPost had returned the original item with "no such address", which was bizarre because I had used my work address, a prominent office tower in Sydney where we receive large amounts of mail without issue.

I used to get significant parcel delivery issues at my residential address in Sydney. The local post office staff told me that parcel delivery was done by contractors who often just leave a card at the delivery address without buzzing, and often I'd find cards in my post box for other apartments but frequently never receive a card that there had been an attempted delivery. For a time, whoever was doing the delivery seemed to have an issue with numbers. The AusPost staff were having to fill out lots of those red cards to send to receipiants who never got the first card.

Fortunately it's been significantly better this year and the (new) regular parcel delivery guy is impressively good. I hope he sticks around.

20. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've had a couple of small parcels sent with AusPost to Sydney go missing over the last month. Nothing at all valuable, just trivial stuff, but it's still annoying.

Any parcel that requires a signature never goes missing, only small things sent with standard post.