Anyone dealt with Suisse Gold before?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by yennus, Sep 29, 2011.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi there, I think this group is one of the site advertisers at Silverstackers: https://suissegold.ch/home.php

Has anyone dealt with them previously? If so, what was your experience like?

Thanks.

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Yes mate, will PM you later today when I have time

3. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I think Projack's had some dealings with them too - I haven't yet but am looking at it. I'd appreciate some feedback too...

4. mmm....shiney!

Was going to keep this private but anyway. Please note that the issues have been dealt with and all is satisfactory from my end now.

I have purchased from Suisse Gold and use their free storage and insurance scheme. I have not had anything delivered to me so I can't comment on that aspect of their business.

They deal in a very formal business like manner, which is unusual for me, having dealt with a number of other dealers who were quite informal (which I find a bit more comfortable) but, they do operate in another part of the world and probably swim with some very big and important fish so they have to be formal. When you join you receive an email from a personal representative of the company.

However, combining that formality with the administration issues I experienced with my personal representative for a few weeks, gave me the impression that I was not reading or sending emails to a real person, but rather anyone in the office who could speak English. I was getting rather stressed and after repeated emails and promises, and wondering whether I'd done my dough, I lodged a complaint detailing the slow progress in receiving any paperwork about my purchase and that I felt that I was not dealing with a real person. Anyway, got an email back quickly from another representative apologising for the mess and blaming their new computer ordering system for the stuff up. As it turned out I had also stuffed up by clicking the "Please deliver" box instead of the "Secure storage" box. But that was beside the point because had they dealt with the issues promptly that would have all been sorted.

Since then i have received the paperwork detailing the ownership of the goods. If I won lotto, I would buy from them again (after giving Elemental his free 1kg gold bar) because I like the idea of having some PM's stored offshore, particularly in a country renowned for secure banking.

Next step will be selling it one day.

5. Marnem

Marnem New Member

Will you get your money when you sell it?
    I never received my ordered goods :s

6. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Did you get a tracking id when your order was dispatched?

7. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought I would give this one a bump to see if anyone has made a purchase from them?
    They have a very cool selection of items.

Shiney, any developments since your post last year?

Anyone can provide feedback with what would happen at customs if importing a bar into Aus (for a value above $1000)?

Cheers

8. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They send via fedex and they charge you gst. plus extras,,I would stay a million miles from them.my only experience was an absolute nightmare

9. Phiber

Thanks for the quick reply mate.
    If they charge GST, thanks but no thanks.
    What's the deal with FedEx?

10. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I have had very different dealings with Suisse Gold and all have been 100% good.

11. Phiber

Hi Maggie, thanks for sharing.
    Do you think you could elaborate on the GST and FedEx issues?

Thanks heaps guys - really tempted by some of their products, just unsure about getting them to come over here.

Cheers

12. Maggie

PM sent

13. mmm....shiney!

PM sent

14. mmm....shiney!

The beauty of Suisse Gold now is that you can do a direct deposit into their bank account in Hong Kong with AUD, negating any forex fees.

15. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Suisse gold sent my largish purchase to Hawaii after having my address details here in Australia,then they lost the package. Delivery was made from the USA via Fedex,they could not tell me where the package was and would only speak with Suisse Gold and their rep in the States. Fedex then compensated Suisse Gold for the amount not me. Fedex then sent me an invoice for GST on the purchase and other costs associated with a parcel valued at more than $1000,these costs were paid to Fedex but still no Silver. Suisse Gold would not answer my emails and i finsihed up ringing their office (letterbox) in Hong Kong with no luck,suggested i speak to a person in the States that eventually sent thru my silver 9 weeks after paying for it. Fedex again sent me another account which i would not pay since it had been allready paid. I eventually received the Silver and have been persued by a debt collector in Sydney for an amount that they claim i still owe Fedex.
    I would buy local,others may have a happier experience,but i did not

Perhaps do a google search on Suissegold review,few interesting articles there,scared me enough not to utilize their services again

16. Parrots

Parrots New Member

I have actually had a very similar experience with this company and am still waiting for 2oz of gold.

Although they never answered the phone previously they have been the last week but every single time i call them i am put on hold for 10 seconds and the woman comes back to tell me the person i am looking for is busy so they take my number promising a call back. Well they have taken my number over 20 times now and i have not received a call back.

My first experience went similarly but i decided to give them another chance this year and ordered 3.25oz gold and 1.25 was shipped after 2 weeks and i have been getting the run around for the rest as they have kept giving me dates it will ship and each time it has not and now they will not reply at all.

I have also sent them a dozen emails even requesting a refund now even though it will now cost me over 60 more to buy the same amount as i bought when there was a dip and still no reply.

I would say that people should avoid this company and if you like i can post copies of my receipt here which the first order was for over 14oz of gold and latest one for 3.25oz So you can see that i am not just some troll.

I will update on what happens.

17. mmm....shiney!

18. 2003dve

2003dve New Member

Anyone else having problems getting onto Suissegold site today or just me.....

19. Maggie

Just tried it and no problems : )

20. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

I just placed an order with suisse gold prior to searching for reviews. A mistake by my part but I haven't send funds yet. If Maggie vouches for them then I'm sure they are credible. However, for those who had issues with dealing with them, was the matter resolved? Should I have any concerns? Would you go through with the order or cancel if you were me? Thanks....