Anyone buying Copper?

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by psujeepguy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. psujeepguy

psujeepguy New Member

I have started to buy some copper to diversify my metals. Anyone else? It has been kind of difficult to figure out a consistent price for reference. But I figure 30 years ago silver was worth somewhere around the current price of copper. So I have been adding a Kg copper bar here and there when I put in a silver order. Any advice/info?

2. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I do much the same. Don't know where copper is going but it's cheap enough to purchase whenever I buy silver from Maggie. I cannot recall buying copper as a standalone transaction. Bearing in mind that I would have received my copper "post free", because of my silver purchases, I believe copper to be a good investment.

3. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think its a little bit neurotic buying copper,put that money else where-Silver? Your'e choice
    If Copper reaches appealing prices for personal investment purposes then inflation is going to be rampant.
    Given its wide spread use in industry on a 'Mass scale' i would be very afraid if that day came.
    My profit and loss figures hinged on the copper price for years especially when we were involved with larger quantities of construction.

REDBACK

4. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

With copper prices measured by the pound its not viable for me since I don't have a warehouse to put all those cheap copper bars. If you do, it might be worthwhile.