Any Palladium Buyers here?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by TeaPot&ChopSticks, May 18, 2012.

1. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

OK this has got me intrigued.
    I didn't think there was such a coin as the Greg McDonald guide only shows a 1996 bullion emu.
    But just looked at Perth Mint bullion mintages page and seems there were bullion emus in 1997 and 1998 as well.
    So which is right and which is wrong ????
    I can't remember ever seeing a 1997 or 1998 bullion emu for sale anywhere - will have to investigate further......

2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

have seen the picture :(

3. au1pt2rh3pd4ag5

au1pt2rh3pd4ag5 New Member

I sure wish I could find the Emus here in the States ... somewhere besides eBay I mean.

4. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have the 2008 bullion coin so believe me it exists!! Most were sent to Germany. I have not seen a 2007 bullion for sale.

5. MetalGains

MetalGains New Member

I don't own any palladium but I tend to buy things that I know I'll be able to sell with the greatest ease.

I do this even with silver. For example I'll buy 1 ounce .999 rounds and pay a little premium verses buying a .925 commemorative metal at a little bit below spot. Silver is silver, but when I go to sell, I'd rather have "familiar" stuff. I think 500 dollars worth of silver would sell better than 500 dollars worth of palladium.

That may change in the future, but that's how I feel at the moment.

What do you guys think about this?

6. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

Pd Emu's are collectibles tho.. people who buys them wants to keep them. It's usually not for investment.

7. alor

today we have Palladium higher than both gold and platinum

8. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

That is all fine and good, but, as was mentioned earlier, you are buying more of an industrial metal than a precious/money metal when you get palladium.

It is a pretty different market and liquidity level, and its overall popularity reflects that. I am of similar sentiment: I want things I (or an heir) can easily sell at any local coin shop, online buyer, etc for a basic price. I don't really do collectibles or thinly traded items.

...There is definitely something for everybody, though.

9. alor

it is rare coins in emu case (more of a collectible) , but with limited demand, it is a bit hard to sell fast as we observed recently when the price reaches new high
    just like how you view a metal such as silver, easy to sell is your priority

as for palladium, slow is the only way... so long as I can get $1k each oz of profit, who would really care much, when you have a limited mintage and profitable coins that you can enjoy, there is no rush to have them taken off your hands :D in such a hurry

10. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

We buy Platinum and Palladium over the counter (and sell as well) so you or your heirs can bring it in to us and we'll pay the going rate on the spot. Easy as.

malachii