ALT COINS

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by SilverRum87, Nov 13, 2017.

1. SilverRum87

SilverRum87 New Member

Whats everyone got in there portfolio? Looking into some new ALT COINS

Currently 60% Bitcoin
    20% ETH

but with my ALTs

5% Monetha
    5% Monaco
    5% NAV coin
    5% TenX

Anyone got any other suggestions and if so why?

2. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm big on staking/masternode coins. Passive income is nice.

Look into ARK, XZC, QTUM, NEO. There's obviously others but you get my drift.

SilverRum87 likes this.
  3. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pillar , Populous, Binance. Oop's forgot the why part,

Pillar aims to become a dashboard between individual and the Digital world, a sort of Wallet and a safe gateway that protects your personal information.

Populous is a crypto similar to Veritaseum but from a whole other angle, is was built to cut out the middle man in Invoicing and to streamline the whole invoicing process.

Binance is a Chinese based/focused Crypto exchange with it's own crypto underpinning it, it provides a heap of different trading pairs and if you own Binance the trading fees are minimal. As it add's more crypto to it's exchange and the usage of Binance increases the value should concurrently increase as well.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    SilverRum87 likes this.
  4. SilverRum87

SilverRum87 New Member

Cool thanks. Yeah sadly I was looking at Ark around $2. Looking at Neo (antshares) when it was $6 but I was still setting up accounts and missed NEO.

Would like those.

Binance sounds good. Is it like bitconnect in a way?

5. SilverRum87

SilverRum87 New Member

BitPay and BalugaPay (ico) look alright. Bit of a gamble. Cobinhood seem fairly good I out 2 eth into that ICO along with HKN hacken. I enjoy my ICO penny stocks =)

6. southerncross

Something we agree on for once again in a rare while BB :) .

I was somewhat of a critic when Leo first bought this one to my attention a while back, as we were both being pretentious little bitches towards each other at the time, well I was at least.
    I must admit that I couldn't see past the inhumanity of this one, the Tangle was a tad confronting and the complete independence that it operates in was a bit Borg like for me until I got my head wrapped around it.

But then I'm a bushy redneck type and don't even trust any of the people on here, let alone bloody machines that can communicate between each other.

It took a couple of humble message exchanges from my end asking Leo about Iota before I got on board.

It is an extraordinary schism in Blockchain technology to say the least, Especially when most people invested in Blockchain right now don't even understand what they have their hard earned invested in when it comes to mere Blockchain technology itself.

The IOT is a field akin to when the internet itself first evolved, those who can remember the sound of a modem connecting to a plain phone line back in the day are far and few between now, most didn't even know that it existed when that sound meant something.

Now My 8 Yr old is complaining that her satellite wifi is being interrupted by cloud and storms , and her download of Dance Academy is slow. Complaining about why she is getting notifications from something called Zero hedge on my account and chucking a spaz when told that DATA IS MONEY.

The Internet Of Tings(sic) might sound like the prequel to the Terminator, but your phone does it every few seconds or less, your computer does it every few milliseconds, your whole life is surrounded by manufactured products that open and close doors, adjust temperature, tell you where you are going, book a cab, make a reservation, suggest a movie or meal, wash your clothes, alert you to a message on this that or the other platform of your choice.

Iota is not the same as a pure blockchain protocol that exists for Humans, it is designed for things. As such it can and will validate a Job done, a temperature reached, a transaction completed, a product produced, a door opened, a package sent, a load of laundry washed, a car cleaned, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Any and all menial or machine task assigned will be completed and locked into the system as such. But it will also be followed and recorded for future evaluation.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    leo25 likes this.
  7. Brendio

Brendio Active Member

My first attraction to bitcoin was its low fees to send value anywhere in the world. Now bitcoin transactions cost around $5-10 for reasonable confirmation time. It is almost cheaper and faster to post a paper wallet. So if technology can enable free (or close to free) transactions, that will enable a whole lot of microfinance. Steem is another coin that has fee-free transactions, so could be another contender (also its upcoming cousin EOS).

8. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've been quite bullish on IOTA too ever since southerncross bought it to my attention, but am still yet to invest, although I'll look to get onto it soon, especially after I read that they plan on dropping a lot of announcements soon

Their wallet isn't exactly user friendly, and I've read of people losing their balances due to using the same address more than once

Hopefully a better wallet will be released eventually

As for me, everyone knows the main ones so in terms of possibly lesser known alts I'm in Civic and Salt at the moment because I really like what they're providing and planning to do. They're long term holds for me, so hopefully they deliver

Australia based Power Ledger has also got me interested. They're trying to get Elon Musk involved which would be a massive coup although it won't be easy, but I like what they're doing too and they've got quite a lot of interest since recently hitting exchanges

9. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

i put 1.2 eth into iota today and its up 10% so far :)

Bullion Baron likes this.
  11. Silvertronic

Silvertronic Member

I would adjust your BTC % down and increase your ETH %

Zcash is a must for privacy. Litecoin will beat out BCC for Day to Day.

I personally not in any of the alt coins you currently hold.

12. southerncross

Put half of my BCH holding into LTC a few day's ago, already had a heap but I think it might be LTC's time to shine for a while now.

13. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker