Advice on my stack

Discussion in 'Silver' started by copperhead, Aug 3, 2017.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I may need to cash out some silver about $2000 .
    Not using a pawn or Loan shark is why I originally purchased silver
    If I need borrow I will borrow from me .
    Repurchase price is still low .
    My stack is all sorts of types rounds plenty of generic
    along with 10 oz 5 0z as part of the generic stack
    I also have the currency round's like maple leaf's - eagles - various other countries
    & Panda's
    Also 1/10 oz gold USA / Canada coin
    & generic bars
    some generic platinum
    Are the Generic PM's what's best to sell off , it seems to me keeping the maple leaf's - eagles
    the proper choice. Yet in 20 years even the Generic mass produced rounds might have fans

I almost feel the Gold Eagles is what I should sell off . Since value of gold is king over
    future numismatic value in my life time . Gold is Gold , spot price is king with NEW
    unless you dig back in the years
    Yet I feel many of my generic rounds as corny as they are
    like a Year of the Rooster 1 oz
    wile
    to me is just silver
    yet in twenty years
    who knows .
    10 oz 5 0z generic stack might also
    be more disposable
    So your view's welcome

2. silver-ltt

silver-ltt Member

if you have OLD bars and rounds they may be worth more than spat as they have collectors value. check out the rare bars collectors forum and www.allengelhard.com for more info

3. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Excessive additional value over spot I personally don't swing that way for me getting a Panda is a big deal
    I'm cautious & feel a PM is a PM .But I realize the other side & since people will pay a premium regardless that is a market
    it's a thought that one day during retirement some of my Generic rounds from JMB & the like could command a pinch more interest
    to some body just cause the Die's that made them don't any more . I see on ebay silver generic coins that I personally would not pay the premium
    but for what ever floats somebodies boat they pay
    Listed below most likely is an example of future Generic Rounds To me not worth the price but demand creates reality

http://www.ebay.com/itm/999-FINE-SI...da4dc2b4b29acd80701064&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1&

4. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

All going well copperhead by the time we get around to selling (i have to rebuy first as i sold with intent to buy back in thinking i could do so cheap in March.LOL) the prices will be such that we will not care about premium when we compare to the price we acquired at.
    I certainly and surprisingly miss not have lots of silver to play with.
    Gold is still here but a few coins of gold has very little appeal for me when compared to the same cash price amount in silver.
    Even the sprogs have been getting up me about not having all my coins out to play with as they enjoyed it as well and from the coins have a way better than average knowledge of the British royal family line of Kings and Queens.
    I would imagine there will always be collectors around and your thoughts on current generic will hold true.
    Have you made any headway on your sales yet?

5. The Patriot Mind

The Patriot Mind New Member

Here is all I collect here is all I stack anencephaly the reason is the laws currently state these coins cannot be assigned a 1099b when you sell them over the threshold amount to dealers if you ever need to ....

Silver and Gold buy list

SILVER
    ------------

1.) SILVER U.S. EAGLES - 1 oz coin

2.) SILVER CANADIAN MAPLE LEAFS - 1 oz coin

3.) SILVER AUSTRIAN PHILHARMONIC- 1 oz coin

Note: I do stack 90% constitutional silver anytime I can buy it for a dollar or less over spot and over the decades have accumulated a lot but this is for worse case scenerio barter system in place like Venezuela today ( however - any amounts sold over 1000 face value is reportable on a 1099b ) but I'll never sell these ever ...

GOLD
    ----------

4.) U.S. GOLD EAGLE - 1 oz

5.) THE GOLD AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO- 1oz

6.) THE GOLD AUSTRIAN PHILHARMONIC- 1 oz

7.) THE GOLD CHINESE PANDA - 1 oz

8.) THE GOLD BRITISH BRITANNIA SERIES - 1 oz

9.) THE GOLD AUSTRALIAN LUNAR SERIES 1 & 2 - 1 oz

10.) I do not stack the following but they are exempt from 1099b as well --- any fractional gold by one of the above gold mints listed

Note: examples of all other gold coins that are reportable in amounts over 25 coins - Krugerrand, Maple Leaf or Mexican Gold Orza etc etc etc

All bars are reportable silver and gold

No jewelry is reportable

So I would keep all the non reportables no matter what and sell gold that is reportable first to get to the amount you need then silver reportables starting with bars

Just my advice and I m not a collector do not care about numismatics if that is your thing then you'll need to reevaluate my advise - the reason I say gold before silver is the gold/silver ratio is really high right now giving silver way more room to fly

PS I joined this forum just to answer your question heh...