Adelaide Meet 24th March (venue change)

Discussion in 'Meetings & Events' started by argento, Mar 5, 2013.

1. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

More the merrier :)
    We have a great cross section of members that attend, that have a wealth of knowledge and varying views ( thats what makes the meets so interesting ).

C u next Sunday.

2. argento

Welcome to Adelaide perthsilver.

3. argento

With only a week to go, numbers currently stand at 17 ( not including the possible ).....

I may have to organize name tags at this rate :)

If I could ask thoughs that have put down a possible + 1, If they could be kind enough to let me know by next friday.
    As I would like to phone the Cafe on Saturday with final numbers out of courtesy.....since they are setting up two areas especially for us.

4. argento

Since I'm on a roll.....

Don't forget to put up a post if you WTS / WTT / WTB.......

I sill have that telescope for trade ( 4 x round aussie fifties ) - details are on the old Adelaide Meet Post ( one for the star gaziers )

I also have 2 x 1oz Kooks w P20 privy ( part of the 20th anniversary release in 2009 ) - that I would like to swap for 2 x 1oz kooks or 1 x 2oz kook :) - any year nice condition please

Plus is anyone interested in buying a perth mint 1oz lunar proof snake for $115 ( COA # 0071 )

Meet special only...I have 4 x 2011 carded kangaroo's asking $180 for the lot ($45 per coin) or $50 each
    Also have some earlier years available pre - 2000 if anyone is interested
    Would also be interested in swapping for carded perth mint 1oz koala's

5. perthsilver

perthsilver Member Silver Stacker

Haha, no.

I'm MOVING to Adelaide just for the meet.

6. Sa_bogan

Sa_bogan Active Member Silver Stacker

Any one bringing the round 50's? I'm also keen to get some low premium rounds or bars.

7. argento

Im not sure but I believe Cind3r, may have some low premium rounds and bars.

8. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi SA stackers,

Well as Argento asked I thought I had better not disappoint..... Soooooo, I have quite a few bars and coins for sale at the moment so if you have any requests please PM me before the meet and I can give you a price and if you are happy I can bring them to the meet, so no postage to bump up the price! I have listed a few items below but have a lot of numismatic/bullion coins. If you are after a certain item let me know as I just might have it.

Bars include:
    1kg Engelhard (20 oz as well), Harrington, Perth Mint (50 oz as well) and SR Mitchell all vintage. 500 g ABC, AB &C and PWB. 15 oz Pagnani, 10 oz regal, AC & B, southern cross stackers, ABC, academy, 8oz Geomin, 1 oz Suisse gold (silver) dragon and tiger bars, Morgan, Pamp carded, Engelhard 1987 prospector rounds and the new Nuie $2 coin bars. Prospector silver bar sets of 6 bars being10, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 oz (25 oz total) as a set or singly. I might also have some of the slave queen and freedom girls if they arrive in time.

Coins include:
    2 oz rabbits and dragons, 1.5 oz Polar Bears, 1 oz ox, rabbits, dragons, dragon (lion privy) and some series 1 coins. 2012 pandas.
    Many kookaburras including 2009, koalas from 2009 to 2012, Somalia elephants and Rwandan cheetahs.
    1/2 oz coins include some series 1 lunars and series 2 mice (coloured), rabbits, dragons and snakes, and 2012 koalas.

Numismatics:
    carded, proof and gilded kangas, opal wombats, nearly all the RAM subscription coins, lots and lots of the $1 silver 999 and 925 proof, boxed coins. $10 proof birds, 1/2 oz reef coins including very low COA nemos, hard to get gilded caracals (lynx) and wolves with swarovski crystal eyes. NZ great white sharks in their amazing display boxes, Lunar series one and two boxed sets including typesets, proof sets, coloured and gilded coins. Discover Australia coins, boxed and loose, fall of the Berlin wall, unification of Germany, fire engine and transformer coins from Tuvalu. 2oz and 1 oz privy, boxed and proof kooks.

Sets:
    Millennium calendar privy mark set 1 oz Kookaburra (12 in box), millennium bimetal full set and some spares, 1980 Belize 925 collectors proof set, the Australian prospector 2 x 2.5 oz set, magic pudding and blinky bill boxed and carded sets. ANZAC 75th anniversary set, lunar series 2 gilded 1 oz set of 5 coins in a 12 coin display box (up to dragon). US mint sets.

Gold and Platinum.
    Gold proof 10 g Olympic coins, gold proof 1995 1/4 oz nugget and 2005 1/20 oz nugget in box. 1/2 oz to .5 gram gold coins. 1989 1/2 oz platinum koala proof set in box with COA.

AND LOTS MORE so PM if you have something you really want as I might just have it!!

9. danman49

forgot to add that if anyone wants to put in orders for 500g or 3 kg plat post I have a guy who will provide them at $130 and $167 for 10 packs. Not sure how many packs he has but if you let me know before Saturday I can see how many I can get and deliver them on Sunday. It seems these types of postage will be discontinued in the near future.

Cheers.

Danny

10. pinkmanwhite

pinkmanwhite Member

Fellow Adelaide Silver Stackers:

If anyone is interested in American Eagles (2012/2013), Austrian Philharmonics 2012, or Canadian Maples 2012, for the meet I will be selling rolls for:
    Eagles 20 coins = $680
    Phils 20 coins = $670
    Maples 25 coins = $840
    These prices will ONLY be available during the meet. PM me if you want me to bring some rolls with me along, and I will write up invoices for the orders at the meeting.

Thanks everyone.

Pinkman White

11. argento

Numbers currently stand at 18 ( including Ozboy )

Looks like being our biggest meet yet.....with some great deals to match.

Looking forward to catching up with you all this Sunday

12. danman49

13. Sa_bogan

Would anyone been keen on the round 50's I scored this week?

14. pinkmanwhite

pinkmanwhite Member

Thanks for a great meeting Argento! Good to meet you all.
    As discussed, I will source some actual prices on the products we can get from our dealer.
    It is good that people like the structure of BIG. Also once we get a good version of the draft of the T&C's, we will upload the document to iron out any major concerns you have.

15. Sa_bogan

Thanks for arranging the night argento, was a good venue and great people. Welcome perthsilver

16. argento

As always it was a pleasure catching up with you all last night.
    Once again there were some great deals put on the table, with most being snatched up.
    Thankyou to Pinkmanwhite for his presentation.......

Wishing you all a great Easter and will see you all again Sunday 28th April

17. danman49

Thanks again Argento! Great venue with very nice food, might have to go there without you lot and graze my way through the menu! Nice to catch up with everyone and see some new faces. Thanks for the presentation Alex.

18. pinkmanwhite

pinkmanwhite Member

For those who went to Sunday's meet, I have sourced actual prices for the coins we can get from our overseas supplier. Check out this thread:
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-38186-big-purchasing.html

I am also looking into a Pinkman White site sponsor thread so I can post more information without cluttering up the other forums.