ABC Sydney is out of Silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by chimpanchu, Dec 6, 2010.

1. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

Just went to ABC Sydney to get a 1kg Silver bar. Apparently they run out of silver bars completely, no PAMP no ABC no nothing. The only thing they got left is 1x puny TON bar which is 50oz odd weight. Any order of silver bars have 1 month waiting period, as their supply will arrive in mid Jan 2011.

Anyone here got similar problem with their PM dealers? or this is only ABC thing?

When I went to ABC today, there were 3 other guys there, and they all buying silver!? That is highly unusual, I went to ABC often and usually I was the only one buying silver all other customers buying Gold.

I think Max Keiser campaign is really making a big effect is silver market around the world. I got a friend who listen to American (mainstream) radio shows and American TVs. Alot of these shows talk about Max's Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver campaign. It seems like more and more people aware of the JP Morgan silver manipulation scheme and more and more people get on board of silver wagon.

My mate who wasn't into silver before (He's a gold buyer), after listening to talks after talks of Max's buy silver campaign started buying silver too!

2. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My SMSF purchase 2 weeks back had a 1month waiting time too.

Slam

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I think this was the point of the exercise with Max Keiser - not so much that they really will 'crash JP Morgan' but rather to start waking up a frustrated and disillusioned public who otherwise feel helpless about what's going on in the economy.

They can't turn their guns on the government or the wall street criminals, so what else can they do?

Oh yeah, buy silver & crash those Wall street bastards!

You can see how easily something like this can catch on...

4. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I was in ABC today and it looked like business as usual - no worries, no rush at all. I asked to see if I could purchase more than 4 x 1kg PAMP silver bars and it was no trouble at all. However, what I do experience when I go there is a very cold customer service. They take your $$$ and get you out the door asap. There is no real friendly business attitude there. I suppose in a sellers market there isn't any sucking up to do hence the perceived attitude. Whereas Bullionmark is 180 degrees the opposite direction - friendly, helpful and all customer service. Pity Bullionmark doesn't sell directly over the counter otherwise I would have gone there. Personally I don't think there is a rush on to buy silver "yet"? just my thoughts....

5. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

stellarconcepts posted a video earlier this week showing ainslie was very low on silver too. They stopped taking online orders for a day or so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjOZq2INOM

Mid-november my local dealer said he has a 6000oz back order of 1oz coins, probably not a big amount but I live in a small city of less than 250k people. Haven't checked with him lately, as his premiums are too steep.

Having said that BullionBourse are shipping me some 10oz silver bars today and kookas, no wait time.

Max Keiser + Kiyosaki + Maloney is what got me into this a month ago. Since then I've got my brother and his gf into pm too.

But the masses aren't awake to silver and gold yet...case in point my brother was at his friends place and on his mobile phone said to his girlfriend "My brother (me) just picked up some gold and silver, you should go check it out"....his friend overheard this and later asked "Hey, so your brother likes playing WoW (World of Warcraft)?". LOL.

6. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

When I bring up the subject of buying silver with my friends and family I have to suggest it in a way so that they don't think I'm off my rocker!:) in the end anyway they say "ah yes! you know your right I should buy G&S" and simply change the subject never to buy. Personally I don't give a hoot if they do or don't because I'm going to and as they don't buy it now that means there will be more time for us to buy ho ho ho! He who laugh last laughs loudest....

7. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are people that outright object the idea of buying gold and silver. Man I find that the price manipulation all these years have seriously screwed up peoples mindset.

People think they are useless metals of no value, low and behold they never question their paper dollars as its easily off-loadable at the shop to buy useless crap.

I try to educate less people now, those that want to be saved will catch on quickly. Those that pretend to listen but don't really care in the end. God help them, I don't bother with them.

Time will tell who would be right, I have the patience to wait 1 or 2 years for it to happen.

Slam

8. Randomz

Randomz New Member

Just wait until the friends friends come around to "check it out".

9. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Yes. Good point. They don't know me or where I live but I'll remind everyone to keep things on the quite. Otherwise I'll have to show them my collection of lead and steel too.

10. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Yes you are right Slam, this opportunity is NOT going to last very long. The mass will only get into it in phase 3.They will only say " I KNEW it would happen" but when you ask if they brought and Gold and Silver. The majority willl say no.:)

11. Greenleaves

Greenleaves Member

Ditto to that. In Melbourne ABC are as cold as ice and the counter staff seem to know very little about PM and the market. Whereas today I emailed Bullionmark with a query about my order status and received an awesome reply which i can only imagine took at least 5 mins to type up and send. Anyways, ABC Mebourne are finding it difficult to maintain stock. I have been considering trying out W Davis & Son... anyone had any experience with them recently?

12. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

ABC seems to replenish their silver stock somewhat. My inkling is, some of their customer sold their stack. I say an elderly gentleman there receiving a Cheque from the receptionist. And then a week later I got my silver.

As for the cold treatment. Don't worry mate, you're not alone. They gave me a cold treatment all the time. Pretty much all the ladies there unfriendly and uptight. Except for the receptionist which is really nice. Most of the men employees are really friendly, but they don't do serving that much.

Sometimes I feel they got suspicious eye on me, like I'm gonna rob them or something. All in all the atmosphere there is really thick with tension, is like everybody on high alert! Weird!

13. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

NEVER disclose how much gold you got in your holding to "friends". When the Sh!t Hits the Fan, desperation can quickly turn your "friends" into your enemy.

I only talks about buying gold to select few individuals, most of them are gold owners as well.

14. Terry88

Terry88 Member

I went to the ABS Bullion (Sydney) just 2 weeks ago and agree that the customer service is left much to be desired. Can't believe when you are spending $1k a pop and you get such cold service. I though it was all part of the tension and suspicion. I'll check out BullionMark. Thank-you for the tip.

15. spets1

spets1 New Member

As long as they give me the metals. I like it.

I actually enjoy, walking in, giving cash and walking out. No id checks no nothing.

The annoying thing is that I had to wait for a while in the line.

16. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

You're right. The only reason why I'm still buying from ABC is because they have the convenient over the counter gold selling. AND they never pesky about asking for ID for order less than $5,000. Unlike Bulliomark, they ask for ID for EVERY transactions less or more $5,000 and no over the counter either! :(

As long as I got my gold and no question asked, I'll look the cold service the other way.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean that I don't want to be treated warmly as a customer, I do. But staying anonymous is incredibly important in my book especially in this kind of political climate. The last thing I want is for government to know what I got and how much, no amount of smiles will make me comfortable. Anybody who trust their government should stay on Fiat currency. I'll take privacy over smiles thank you very much.

17. rml978

rml978 Member

Don't they ask you for ID? Or do you purchase over the counter? or politely decline?
    I am in sydney, however, usually place order over net and then pick up, for this you need a user name etc... I was there last week and they wanted my id...

rml978

18. Randomz

Randomz New Member

PM sent.

19. millededge

millededge Active Member

Maybe they are tight on supplies.

Hope they're not peeved 'cos I dissed their poured bars in the "buying silver" thread. :p

I've not had problems in ABC. They know a lot about PM and my experience was that if there's time they like to share knowledge.

It is strange that there is little stock in the 1kg range atm, given the high price.

20. BBQ

BBQ Member

My reason for not dealing with ABC (as a new precious metals buyer) was that they make their own branded gold and silver. I don't want ABC branding.

No ID checks would be a big advantage, though (if that is true).

Overall, gold and silver isn't as easy to buy over-the-counter as so many other things, which is disappointing. Kind of understandable to some degree but still not ideal.