ABC Bullion 1oz Generic Brand Coin Silver Sale

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Oddjob, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For the interest of those members who fancy the odd Canadian Maple, Sliver Eagle or Aussie themed coin, well ABC Bullion have some buybacks on sale for AUD22.50 each.

https://www.abcbullion.com.au/store/sgenc011oz-generic-brand-coin

Haven't bought any myself yet so can't comment on condition of coins but worth a look see.

[​IMG]

Groges, SlyGuy and StewyD32 like this.
  2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

we now see the on SALE !!!
    yee-peeee

3. Oddjob

Picked up my purchase today. A lovely bunch of mint condition 2015/16 Maples for AUD22.00 each. Pretty happy with this purchase.

4. mongrelmaple

mongrelmaple Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Were your coins in tubes or individual cases? Sounds like a great deal, but hate maples in tubes because of the milkspotting

5. Oddjob

Tubes and perfect condition.

6. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

That is awesome! Maples are my favorite... it is funny how they also tend to carry the lowest premium of any major govt minted coin (at least here in USA). I just scored a couple tubes for $15.50 USD per coin between the low silver prices and a coupon I had, but if ABC did shipping to me and I knew I'd get Maples, I would probably use that link too. I would have thought you would have gotten the generic Eureka rounds for sure, but that's a great score.

...When you think about it, the Maples have the highest face value of any 1oz silver coin. Sure, it's "nominal" face value, but it's still nice to have that factor just in case silver ever went belly-up. Some of the coins could theoretically lose nearly 100% of their value, but the Maple could really only lose about 75% of its value in a worst case scenario of complete loss of silver demand and/or vastly increased new supply (from mines or space or ocean or whatever).

The Maple's $5 CAD is $3.80 USA (or $5.20 AUD). That is better than any of the others:

Maple = $5 CAD
    ASEagle = $1 USD
    Brit = $2 pound sterling
    Noah Ark = 500 dram
    Libertad = nothing
    Kanga or kook = $1 AUD
    panda = 10 yuan
    elephant = 100 shilling
    philharm = 1.5 euro

...Maples are the face value kings, and it isn't even close. Brits come in second place, but the Canadian 1oz silver still have about 50% more face value than the 1oz Britannia :)