A3D - Aurora Labs (metal 3d printing)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by miniroo, Jul 30, 2016.

1. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

NASA has come knocking on the door of an Australian 3D-printing startup.

Aurora Labs CEO David Budge says he's in talks with NASA and several other large companies around the world about using his company's 3D metal printing technology.

NASA is interested in using Aurora Labs' small format 3D metal printers.

The startup has also received requests from three separate companies about printing rocket engines, as well as NASA.

One of these includes another startup from Silicon Valley that wants to launch micro-satellites into orbit and use Aurora Labs' technology to print rocket vehicles.

[​IMG]

"They're interested in having a chat about what we're up to, and they can see the advantages of using this technology," he says.

The rocket parts would be printed by the startup's large format 3D metal printer. It will be able to print huge objects much quicker than any existing 3D printer, Budge says.

"The main difference between ours and others in the market is ours can run at about 100 times faster with a similar resolution," he says.

"Another printer in the market takes three to four months to print a one tonne part, and we're looking at doing that in a day. That'll make it a commercially viable process."

The large-scale printer will be 2.5 metre long, 1.5 metre wide and 1.5 metre high, and capable of creating objects of up to 1000 kilograms.

"There's a lot of interest in that area, with aerospace, titanium castings and oil and gas applications," Budge says.

They're also in talks with a "leading edge" high-end electric motorcycles company, which is looking to eventually print most of its components.

"We've started up associations with universities all over the world that are looking at buying them and doing research with us," Budge says.

"Once 3D printing becomes a commercially competitive process everyone will want to be printing things, because the advantages are so big.

Fresh listing on ASX around the 9th Aug' @ 20c a pop, be there or be square.
    DYOR

[​IMG]

2. miniroo

This is listing on Tuesday arvo'
    I've sold some duds, cracked open my $2 coin jar, sold a couple gold coins and cashing in another bunch of e-waste monday to be ready for it.

A3D IPO sold well so I hope to be able to get in as close to the 20c initial price as I can, just hope there's enough sellers on the day.

Been putting in more time in researching, the top 20 seeds appear to be prominent investors, everything looks good, this will be interesting.
    It's such a huge market potential, there's still time to do your own research before open.

55M shares @ 20c giving an IPO valuation of $11M

Enterprise Value only $8M

Highly disruptive, patented ground breaking technologies in 3D metal printing

Attracting interest from Tier 1 companies like Alcoa, Airbus, NASA, Siemens (see link below)

Targeting US3.8 trillion dollar metal manufacturing market (Metal Manufacturing Global Report 2016)

Only raising $2.8M (offer closed early)

Commercial production and sales of SFPs (small format printers) targeted by December 2016

No need for large capital injection now. Hoping to be cash flow positive by Dec 2016.

Prototypes for medium and large format printers currently being built

LFP designed to print metal parts 100X faster than currently available

LFP designed to print one tonne metal parts in 24 hours

Co-founder David Budge retaining 44% at IPO

No sell down by management and four directors purchasing IPO shares (refer prospectus P94)

Already pre-sold 31 SFPs (Refer P5 of prospectus)

Around 70% of shares escrowed for between 12-24 months

UWA Professor Tim Sercombe states Aurora Labs is at the forefront of 3D printing globally (refer article below)

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29412321/nasa-calls-on-3-d-printer-maker/#page1

http://www.emi.uwa.edu.au/news/uwa-working-transformational-3d-printing

3. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

55c this morning after 30c launch yesterday.... well done if you bought these ;)

4. markc

markc Member

Nice tech.. Wish I saw this when you posted it.. It up to 62c now..

5. miniroo

Yeah it's what i've been trying to say but no-one seemed to care.
    thinking of selling a bit and maybe get some more if the surge turns round and people want out.

currently 72.5c :)

6. miniroo

I'm out.

Sold @ $1.34 today - tripled my money in one week!

I just don't have a good vibe after seeing this stock fly with nothing but pumping from share owners, nothing has changed from the IPO
    I do believe it's a great company with great potential but it's just a little early and I feel I can get back in at half the price, if not it was a great ride.

7. markc

markc Member

Nice one. I was tempted to get some at 60c but I didn't think it was going to rise that much. Sigh =(

8. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Companies like this love to tout NASA et.al as their customers, their logos look great on the investor presentation, but it means very little apart from having a couple of customers who will buy some units :rolleyes:

9. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice score miniroo!

I like the idea but how long until China get the technology and start to produce the same thing without needing to comply with all the red tape in Australia?

10. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good question.

Though the interesting thing about this is it's a technology advancement with very low (if not zero) labour component, so the Chinese (and other cheap labour market competitors) won't be able to undercut its 1st world production so easily.

It looks exciting, but I do have to wonder how much of the current price is just hype.

11. VRS

KICKING myself for missing this at 32c on opening day - I could've easily sold 100k BGS shares and made $100k by now...

12. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The labour free component is a good point. Hard to complain about holiday, sick pay and Superannuation costs when there aren't that many!

I was thinking more about the cost of renting the building in Australia and postage. Shipping a heavy metal part all the way to the USA is going to be costly especially if it can't be thrown about.

A factory in China or one of the special economic zones would probably be cheaper and better connected for shipping.

Of course if I was a big company like NASA I would buy my own tech and make it locally.

13. VRS

Well done miniroo!

Shame you couldn't have flipped some of that profit into BGS before it grew legs yesterday :)

Still, I reckon there are still a few opps out there.

Are you watching the disaster that is IOT unfolding?

I did well from that one, 35% up on one day... classic pump and dump that everyone and his/her dog could see coming imho...

14. metalprinter

metalprinter New Member

Invested early seed capital in A3D late 2015 and then went in on the 20c IPO in August this year. It's currently the best performing IPO in 2016. $1.75 is +775% on IPO price and not many sellers around.

15. metalprinter

metalprinter New Member

Hit $2 today. A 10 bagger from IPO in August. Still holding since seed raising Dec 2015.

16. markc

markc Member

Nice one. I'm kicking myself for not buying @ 0.60ish.

17. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Was looking into this then it was on float.
    Kicking myself not putting money with this.
    Still considering it even if it is $2 a share now.

Are there still people invested in this?

18. metalprinter

metalprinter New Member

There was a fantastic interview done yesterday by Alan Kohler with the A3D Managing Director David Budge. It's at www.theconstantinvestor.com and the podcast is dated November 24. It is an amazing story and one that is just beginning. Massive disruption is coming to metal manufacturing and the market is valued at $3.8 TRILLION per annum. I took seed stock when it was a private company at 1c and 10c and am still holding.

19. metalprinter

metalprinter New Member

Up another 25% to $2.50 :)

20. metalprinter

metalprinter New Member

Went parabolic up to $5.39 briefly. Amazing stock. 20c in August and now sitting at $3.30