A glimpse of one day in my life

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by copperhead, Sep 10, 2017.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Each day we live with renewed hope of a good day , I am a worker , I work my body , lifting is
    my means to earn . My 9 to 5 is physical . My way to earn silver & gold is physical .
    I have 2 pickup trucks as I go about my day I will fill it with scrap metal items . from a basic fridge
    to copper aluminum lead just to name a few . ( it's vast ) earning potential is $300 to $400 per week
    the cost to find metal is about $20 in fuel . Usually on your way to and from scrap yards finding more occurs
    If one considers silver gold a metal and it is my constant reminder is what metal really turns me a profit
    is the nasty water heater on the side of the road . Naturally not all scrap proceeds can goto PM's
    but enough does , So can a person buy silver and gold for free - I think so .

Acorn, clear and oziwassabi like this.
  2. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Some pictures of the free find 3 loads of scrap 2 weeks time equaling $490 or just about $500
    I have dedication to load and unload I was able to use $300 towards silver . The loads are called mix steel
    but hidden in the loads in separate containers , copper , electric motors from vacuums .
    I feel sad when scrap moneys cant be used towards silver but inflation often gets the better of the free find money .
    If you are into going to the gym , well my fellow members Scrap your way to health lift weight
    make money it's a real work out . 1a.jpg 3a.jpg 2a.jpg

Skyrocket likes this.
  3. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

IMG_20170120_143235.jpg 4a.jpg The black truck is gone and replaced by green truck but many a fierce load with that truck
    I have a nice truck also but when opportunity shows up I will not pass scrap by So am I
    a stacker ? you tell me

4. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I guess I'll go with the flow ,it's important to know this is my side hustle income
    but about 7 years ago the value of scrap was very high so I did it full time & during that time I developed an expertnesses that now allows me to do as side work. During the peak it was like a gold rush - nick named the hillbilly gold rush . I would get projects from plumbers to disassemble
    cast iron boilers weight around 3800 pounds and plenty of copper pipes delivered $400 to $500 per load & created inspiration . I'd yank heavy metal up stairs ( what ever it took ) I dare say life threating . I've taken apart 60 boilers 7000 TV's for copper @ $2.50 each.
    Another lucrative venture is computers cause of the Mother boards - Memory - CPU's $1.50 and up per pound . A ton of mother board's consistently has more gold then a ton of soil from a mine . Wile there are basement refiners in America - Refiners in china in degrading conditions There also are EPA regulated large scale refiners . This is the result of dissembling about 26 computers the cases have value as lite steel power packs sold as copper mix toss in some aluminum & $142 was the reward - the blue bucket is the copper sold at a different time for about $35 or $40 I forget - I've made so many trips to the yard it numbs my mind
    I have yet to sell the boards but should have a value of $75 to $100 20170430_081050.jpg 20170430_081023.jpg 20170430_080918.jpg
    If cash is tight and I don't have time to prepare a proper load for yard I can sell some silver
    knowing i'll use scrap to replace silver .
    ----------------------
    Another interesting tidbit of information Scrap yards are nation wide , I have gone to visit family and wile Kids are with grandparents
    I'd drive around , find & scrap ,earn $250 to $300
    during a 4 day visit usually would also get an ounce of silver from the local shops.
    Well let me be clear with all this work or insanity depending on view well I ain't no millionaire
    but I'm here I don't give up & have a dream , So I do it & love doing it . I call it free finding

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  5. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Gotta know what you're looking at @copperhead and you obviously do.

Great Pics & all the best with what you are doing, from DownUnder (you know where) _JOHNLGALT.

copperhead likes this.
  6. Fat Penguin

Fat Penguin Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I enjoyed that. Good for you mate.

7. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One mans junk is another mans riches.
    Well done.
    reduce, reuse, recycle.

8. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice work copperhead! Self reliant and strong. Someone to admire.

9. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Thanks for the good words
    We all are one world .

10. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You must be THE Crazy Steve

(Serious content warning)

11. dbm300

dbm300 New Member

I dropped 600lbs of appliances to the recycler and I got $20. Not sure it was worth it for me.

12. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Depends when - like it was a slump 1 1/2 to 2 years ago
    and you might be relating your view to the slump period
    but for now it's around $161 a ton good enough for me .
    But sure some yards if they can get away with it , will pay LOW