9.6 kilos of silver plus 80 oz in PM 10 oz bars in 2 years.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by fishtaco, Sep 3, 2016.

1. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

I dont buy that often but at least 8 kilos of my stack is in kooks and kook proofs koalas WTE,s ase,s and a mix of others Maples Britannia and other rounds, also just under a kilo of 1 to 3 oz hand pours (mini,s for chip :) ).

First time I have just weighed my stack before putting back into a safe hidden place,but question is should I have more in 2 years of collecting given the majority of bullion coins I paid a higher premium for and wont need to repeat that high premium purchases?

2. atlas

atlas Member

If you had stacked low premium then you would of course have more weight, but you should make back your premiums (plus more) when you decide to sell. If you want to grow your ounces without spending more you can always flip some of the kooks, etc over the coming years and use the profits to buy low premium.

3. Petridished

Petridished New Member

Yeah, a whole lot MMMMOOOOAAARRR !

and some gold too.

If it is profitable in weight, why not chuck a few kooks and koalas on the market.
    Silver is cheap, but time is valuable, your time spent to sell.
    I would not unless 100% weight increase.

4. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Great stack, for two years, congratulations.

I've been investmenting in PM for 8 months, in the beginning just buying a collection of high and low premium.

Have you considered your exit strategy, I guess it depends on how you look at you PM, investment allocation in your assets or as a prepper.
    I am in the first category and few months back thought, how I'm going to do switch out to cash. Plus the way I was calculating premiums, was all wrong if I had to sell to a dealer.

Basically in ten or twenty years, who can i sell it too, if I decided to sell here in the forum, ten to fifty rolls over few weeks doesn't seem like a problem but 1000 or even 500 rolls, that would drive me nuts.

So now I have slowed down on physical purchases and Switched to unallocated, I still do buy just as much, but now I can sell a portion instantly, which wasn't possible with physical.

Interested in your thought, and if you have different view, could be something I haven't considered.

5. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Niether investment nor prepper but possibly small extra readily available retirement funds.

I live close to the perth mint so with a simple stroll and visit I can cash a bit in for extra funds as I need it, there may not be internet sites where buying and selling PM,s unrestricted /unchecked will be around in the next 15 or so years and even if the mints stops buying from the general public black market trades in PM,s will continue as they always have.

I will also now be focusing on small generic PM silver and gold with just adding to my kook/koala/ase,s collections by single new date coins only and just keep them as collections, I have never bought rolls because it doesnt fit in with my gradual future exit strategy, the premium could vanish on all coins overnight as generations rapidly give way to new tec where you are more than likely to be able to 3D print a 100%perfect and authentic silver coin collection from the comfort of your own home! :D

6. BBQ

BBQ Member

Pah. Small fish ey?
    You shouldn't be calling yourserlf a stacker until you have your own weight in silver.

7. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is that anrule

8. r1lee

r1lee New Member

That's a lot of gold if you're stacking that!

9. BBQ

BBQ Member

It is now. :)

10. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

You are doing just fine mate.
    Stacking silver is a little bit like weight loss, it is not until you look back on progress after a year or two that you see how much you have actually accomplished.
    Whatever you are doing now is just fine.
    Great job:)

11. Petridished

Petridished New Member

In ten to twenty years...

Research mine production levels, USGS metals survey from 1998-2000 against demand, cost of extraction, and documented reserves.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law in most jurisdictions.

Jim Rogers made a healthy observation of a man with mileage. "Everything is different in 15 years"

So rewind and take a good look at what has become different, and glance forward.

Did I write; possession is 9/10ths of the law?

12. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs New Member