Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversearcher, Sep 28, 2015.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry if pointing out some erroneous assumptions by the majority on here is regarded as 'full retard'.
    Apparently it also qualifies me as a junkie, an idiot, and a troll ( though in light of the recent warning by admin that personal attacks will not be tolerated, admin doesn't see this as a problem, so I guess it's back to open slather :D)
    Funny thing is that I have qualified all my statements without derogatory name-calling, yet my hecklers have offered nothing.
    I'm turtled if I'm going to follow the crowd just to avoid mob mentality.
    For a few years have have watched all this BS be plastered thread after thread without saying a word. Then when I decided it may be helpful to some to offer a bit of clarity, I am suddenly the villan.
    I stack too, but I feel for those who have lost a lot due to decisions made based on false info shovelled day after day in the 'expert' newsletters, but apparently everyone here should suck it up and blame the bankers. Brilliant. And so dignified. And I thought it was the gubmint who wanted to control the sheep? :rolleyes:

2. wrcmad

By all means, go with what ever suits you... seems to be the current culture.
    I don't have a problem. But you are wrong.
    I posted the definition of backwardation. Take it or leave it.

3. wrcmad

It is a diversion away from their lack of ability to process the mechanics of Comex.
    What I find most unbelievable is that I am the only one here with either the awareness of the truth, or the gonads to mention it?
    C'mon, this is a PM forum, and EVERYONE has been blind-sided?
    I don't believe it for a second.

4. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Full retard is a compliment this guy who has lost his last few marbles. Enjoy yourself wrcmad.

This is copy on his recent post that advises people to go into debt to buy investment property. You can't spew BS and get away with it

"I'd sell half of PMs and use all of cash + 25% mortgage to buy investment property."

You see I am not blind hahahaha

5. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So what you're saying is you're right, and everyone else in this world including Google and wiki is wrong.

I'm with VC. I'm out.

6. wrcmad

I would, if I was buying. But I'm not. it was Jules who was asking.
    So, no idea on Comex, no idea on backwardation, no idea about me.
    Keep pulling it Ronnie... It won't make any difference now cause you are blind as a bat already. And you can't go full retard... You are already a fucktard. :D

7. wrcmad

More assumptions. :lol:
    Not everyone in this world is wrong.
    It was actually Bron who first laid out the truth on backwardation for me, and a bit of homework confirms what he said.
    But by all means, join VC, and bury your head in the sand. Lay down money based on Wiki and Google.... It doesn't affect me. Those permabull-bullion-dealers must have served you well so far..... Why stop now?

8. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Ok, guys, sorry if I intervene here but I'm usually the dumbest on this forum and I need help.
    I read quickly the first googled explanation from a pumper on backwardation:
    http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1439928060.php

Honestly, I have no idea what he's talking about.
    Is he trying to use commodity exchanges dynamics to explain shortages in retail silver (and vice versa)? Is silver (the commodity) the same thing as retail coins and bars for investors? I thought not, otherwise shouldn't coins and bars be all priced the same independently from who the producer is?
    Is he not he comparing different types of market?

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Rein in the abuse - already handed out two bans in this thread.

10. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

And apparently both had been here for a few years, and also enjoyed a fair amount of buying/selling/trading.

Not worth it, folks. Think before you hit "Submit"

Keep it dapper! :)

11. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ Which two members just got banned?

12. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

It will say under their user-name..

13. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

VC and wrcmad banned!!

Is that permanent?

14. clear

clear Well-Known Member

backwardation
    bakwde()n/Submit
    nounSTOCK EXCHANGEBRITISH
    a situation in which the spot or cash price of a commodity is higher than the forward price.
    "the development of a backwardation is associated with supply shortage"

15. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't visit this place frequently enough to read all the squabbles as they are unfolding, but, this place is losing one of its last voices of reason if wrcmad doesn't come back.
    He cracked because he was locked in a go nowhere debate at should not have been. He is very clearly an educated trader and knows what he's talking about, he's posted his TA and profits over the years - he's not a keyboard warrior spouting BS for the sake of it.

I don't want to upset anyone here by taking sides and reigniting anything but he was trying to help initially, or at least had the knowledge to, if everyone was open minded here. If you're going to scare away everyone with trading knowledge be prepared for a very dull forum.
    For the record, not questioning the decision to ban the above members but will be annoyed if it's permanent.
    For now, thanks for the posts wrcmad - most of them were quality.

16. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I usually keep out of these but hope not. Double loss if so.

That said, appreciate the mods on this board keeping it sensible and courteous overall.

17. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Quarantine ...

18. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Not sure how anyone can support the antics of wrcmad. Shows the decay of society I guess.

He is no longer here to defend himself. However I will say a few things, I like discussion and debate and appreciate differences in opinions. But the fellow was abusive, inflammatory and ill mannered.

I posted in this thread about the volatility of silver's recent move being greater than a SD. Go back and read it.

Now it was the long weekend and I went away and did not have time to post, so I said I'll do it later. His response was you need to go look it up, you're making it all up etc. etc. etc. The truth was I was on HOLIDAYS! Do I need to justify my reasons to a troll like that? Am I accountable to that guy? Am I required to teach statistics to the guy?

Seriously?

Now if the guy went to great lengths to show the statistic to show how I was wrong in my call and discuss how I got it wrong, then I could respect that. Instead you observed his behavior.

Oh and my holiday to Canberra was excellent, saw the tulips, though there were a few less this year than 2 years ago. I also ate at A. Baker for breakfast, it was excellent! I enjoyed their slow cooked eggs at 63 degrees with crispy skin smoked salmon, corn, fantastic! I recommend A. Baker and their fine breads and pastry.

Back to wrcmad, I appreciate skepticism but the guy falsely "believed" he was calling me out. For example he stated something to effect "As soon as you mentioned percentages I knew you knew nothing about Standard Deviation", now that's a silly comment, really silly. You have to find the % to get the variance etc. etc. That cemented my opinion of him. I think passion got in his way. It's a repeated pattern because as soon as I justify my position, he'd walk away with the attitude of "I was just testing you". I found this to be absolutely incredulous.

I have gone to great length on this forum when challenged to justify my position, but after that guy, I thought why bother. Unfortunately it's like the blind leading the blind in the court of public opinion, people fall for passionate displays.

I do empathize with those that will miss his positive contributions.

19. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

This place does tend to have a unhealthy amount of trolling, I don't deny being guilty of it in the past - a lot of us have been caught center stage in a squabble or 2. Put it down to boredom most of the time.

It's very natural to have that on a forum based around investments though, the key is keeping it civil enough that it does not derail into personal abuse. Once it gets to that stage 1 side just needs to put their hands up and walk away.
    It's easy to acknowledge that's the right thing to do, another to put it into practice whilst riled up.

people make mistakes, if I held a grudge i'd hate half of the people on here.

20. ninteno

ninteno Member

I think it has nothing to do with trolling. It is the result of beeing on the wrong side of the trade. Most of us were been on the wrong side, especially people joind after 2011 and have a fat red orderbook. Thats all.
    Reading a lot of time "pumpers" is indicating that. Making others responsible for own decisions is easier than blame yourself.

And it is getting harder once you realiced your lost after selling your silver and watch that you have been a second time on the wrong side.
    Signed by a permabull