50c commemorative coins

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Silverman99, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I apologise upfront for what some will consider an ignorant question

A number of the Australian circulated 50c coins over the past years have been minted to celebrate a particular event e.g silver jubilee etc

As in this year 2016 a 50c coin celebrate 50 years of decimal currency

Were these released every year and are any of these of particular value as trying to put together a collection for grandchilden to look back on in time

Does there happen to be a full list of these that a stacker of more knowledge could point me in the right direction to find

Thanks in advance for any assistance

2. Mbutler

Mbutler Member Silver Stacker

Here is a list of the non carded special 50c coins (eg holden or war ones) https://www.ramint.gov.au/fifty-cents. Its the list i used to get all of them for the my dad and wife (funnily enough jardest ones to get were the 2001 norfolk island and tassie ones) i know of a couple of places where you can get alot of these pm me if you want some contact details.

Mbutler

3. Silverman99

I have inherited a reasonable amount of these coins and looking to dispose of them but I don't have all of the particular years of these coins

If anyone maybe putting a collection together of these 50c pieces for their children and perhaps missing one or more in their personal collection drop me a PM otherwise my intention is to just put them back in circulation buying my coffee's on my next holiday in Australia

Thanks

4. Silverman99

Yes they are all non carded and in circulated condition so it sounds as if my carry on bag will be rather heavy on the next trip over

Would they RBA be interested in these as I notice some of the 2001 only had 2 million of these in circulation at mint time ?

Do you still manage to pick these up in change from stores when buying goods ?

Thanks for your thoughts and comment