30th Anniversary 2009 Panda's

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by PeeZapp, Nov 6, 2011.

1. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

I have purchased several "boxed" commemoratives in OMP from Xu Hong which is who I think you are referring to with these 2009 coins you are speaking of.

I have been very satisfied however shipping from China and going through Chinese customs has delayed delivery up to 45 to 60 days.

Since Xu Hong now has graded coins AND reseals ... I am just a little leary of buying other sealed coins from him although as I stated before, many experienced veterans at CCF swear by this seller. I am familiar with a few "high end" collectors who also vouch for Xu but things have also changed in the Chinese Coin market greatly.

If buying from him I would recommend asking him if the coin you are buying has been resealed. He is said to be an honest dealer. Yennus also has him listed in "trusted sellers"

Any of those members reading from CCF ... no I am not bashing Xu Hong, just stating facts.

2. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know Xu Hong but I personally don't purchase any of his stuff.

His English speaking worker is really really nice (and friendly).

25Grizzlies will hopefully have better fortune dealing with him than I have had.

Part of the Panda Tour in Shanghai involves meeting XuHong :)

3. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

I personally think many of his prices are high although he has many coins that are hard to find.

I could see those collecting many varieties of Chinese coins buying his items but in my opinion, panda collectors can do better elsewhere

All of the other sellers on the ebay list I posted are US dealers/sellers with fair priced items & reputable.

4. PeeZapp

PeeZapp Member Silver Stacker

Yeah all the other stuff i saw there was high priced then came across these 10 and they were cheap I bought them and it said 3 available checked again this morning at the same item still 2 available but the price is now about $92 a coin

5. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

If you buy 100 off him you can get around $7800 which is pretty decent.

6. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you ever do meet him F2F, it helps (and from observation saves $$$) to speak Mandarin.

7. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

If you buy from him withouth eBay is a few dollars cheap. He send By email the paypal Bill. But i dont recomend it because you dont have the eBay buyer protection.

8. El Bullion

El Bullion New Member Silver Stacker

I've bought several times from Xu Hong. Easy to deal with. However, I've had to return coins that have toning, white spot, or other marks/blemish even though the listing claims that the coins are toning/spot/blemish-free. I also noticed that he follows Peter's panda pricepedia, as his prices change as soon as the latest one is published/released, and the prices are quite close, if not the same. That said, there are still great deals to be made if you know what you're looking for.