2nd coin, Hydra, from Mint Of Poland’s THE TWELVE LABOURS OF HERCULES

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by justsilver, May 7, 2019.

1. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Anyway, I find this topic meaningless because I am not a dealer at all.

I will still buy whatever I like. Some members here will boycott certain mint’s products.

Just peace.

p.s. Let us stop discussing any issue regarding this mint. lol.

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Yeah man. I agree. Let’s move on and discuss something more meaningful. I think most people on this site understand what’s happening. And have enough sense not to buy in to these absurdly high prices. But if a collector doesn’t care and all they want is to admire the art, with no intention of ever selling...I guess it doesn’t matter what the price is.

I think there is enough info for folks debating this topic to decide for themselves. That’s what this place should be. A repository of information and an exchange of ideas and a healthy debate.

3. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

4. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

And then you posted the coinshoppe link... :rolleyes:

5. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I used my words very carefully.

lol.

No discussion, just info.

lol.

6. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

At this point I am disengaging with you. Originally I said you weren't a spammer, but everyone makes mistakes.

BTW it looks like thecoinshoppe sold out! But don't worry, I'm sure another 2 will show up at about $350.

7. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

No discussion.

lol.

My latest trophy.

[​IMG]

8. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Wanted to delete thread No. 23 but unable.

My apology.

9. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

I just watched a you tube vid by mint of Poland on the seven new wonders spherical coin. Certainly looks like a lot of costly research and development went into it. They also have the most cutting edge and technologically advanced equipment and facilities with lasers and stuff. I can see where the cost is. If perth mint was Rolex, the mint of Poland would be Patek Phillipe or something.

10. barsenault

Next price for coinshoppe? 420? Sold how many pieces 3. BUT, if people don’t mind paying those prices, then all the power to them. Who am I to complain. Lol.

11. rolling-thunder

rolling-thunder New Member

Justsilver - post what you want, don't let Trinkets bother you - seems like he/she doesn't believe in free speech, except for their own. We.ve seen Barsenault and Trinkets rants about Mint of Poland and unscrupulous dealers raising prices over and over again, all well and good, and some of it justified in regard to 1st two Horsemen releases and 3rd Gods release. As the smartest people on this blog are they on a crusade to protect us lesser brains from caveat emptor. But Trinkets goes too far calling you and others "spammers" for posting images of new releases that you like and links to dealer websites - I don't see you telling people to buy or not to buy. Justsilver post what you like, and Trinkets post what you like too - then we can make informed decisions about what we want to buy and how much we are willing to pay. Barsenault, it is good that you don't criticize justsilver for his posts, as that would be the pot calling the kettle black.

12. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi is thecoinshoppe a reliable seller? considering to get items from them
    need feedback from people who had dealt with them before
    thanks

13. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

I think you should probably calm down a little. And also...maybe...go back and look at the entire conversation over several threads to understand what is being discussed :)

No one is telling anyone to buy something or not to buy something. Everyone is free to buy whatever they like for how much they like and how many they like. The point of free speech is to allow opinions to breathe and to take note of what you will. Your comments are fairly condescending: neither I nor barseneault are ranting. Also, we "bothered" no one: others, including justsilver, joined our conversation. We started a conversation about MoP pricing and some of the habits of dealers. This is a community forum where the collectors (whether pure collectors, stackers, or hoarders) chime in on their opinions, etc. The point of the MoP conversation in general was around how the MoP situation is hurting collectors and collecting in general, and sparked by pure greed. Don't agree? That's fine. Move on and ignore the conversation, or share your honest opinion: an opinion not sparked by trying, perhaps, to hype a release for personal benefit (perceived or not)

The "spammers" comment is related to another thread where justsilver was called out by another user (not me or barsenault) for some of the tactics that it appeared he was taking. I, like most, am happy so see new images of new coins: I am a collector and do like and own several MoP coins. But the conversation that Barsenault and I (and others) were engaged in was about the crazy pricing that dealers are taking with the MoP releases: heavy handed pricing designed to inflate interest and generate buzz. Some of what justsilver provided was of the same, hence he was called out for it. From a collector standpoint, everyone is free to voice their opinion here and elsewhere. However, when certain comments smell duplicitous they will be called out on it.

Again, buy what you want for whatever amount you want. If you don't want to have an honest conversation about it, then best not to start a dialogue. But our opinions related to MoP are our own (and shared by others) and are just as fair to share and discuss (especially in our own conversations) as anyone else's.

Now if you'll excuse me, your pointed stick is jabbing a little too close to something I had already stated I was moving on from because I no longer wish to engage other parties who may or may not be trying to push certain things. But feel free to discuss amongst yourself.

Peace.

14. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Very reliable. No problem with them whatsoever. Have personally bought many coins from them over the years. They generally have good prices, but some items (like the MoP releases) increase wildly in value very quickly (they aren't alone in that).

Would recommend them in general without reservation.

barsenault likes this.
  15. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Everyone calms down.

lol.

Thank you for your kind words, Rolling Thunder.

This is a coin forum, we all have right to express ourselves, including Barsenault & Trinkets.
    No bad words between us. Just normal conversations.

I understand their points and frustration toward outrageous prices on some of recent Mint Of Poland’s coins as a collectors.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to help. So I decided to stop this sensitive discussions on topics of Mint Of Poland’s products in this coin forum. Because these are meaningless debates between members here. No winner, no loser but creating bad atmosphere here.

On thread No. 28, I apologized because I felt bad on my action.
    Just mentioned “ stop discussion on Mint Of Poland’s products “ then posted link right after I found Hydra was on selling.
    Did not want Barsenault & Trinkets think I am teasing them. Tried to delete thread with link but unable. Therefore, I apologized, trying to avoid misunderstanding.

Anyway, I will continue buying Mint Of Poland’s Ultra High Relief Silver Coin if I like the design and theme. ( at fair prices )

PEACE.

16. rolling-thunder

No problems here, there are plenty of problems in the world to get upset about, coin collecting/investing/flipping is not one of them.

Yes, everyone can post what they want and when they post the same thing over and over again - it does become a rant. But I don't care too much about that, what I do care about is self-appointed watchdogs who "call people out", imply that other people's posts are targeted toward personal gain, and have little if any proof of this other than their personal opinions.

17. rolling-thunder

No problems here, there are plenty of problems in the world to get upset about, coin collecting/investing/flipping is not one of them.

Yes, everyone can post what they want, but when they post the same hyperbole thing over and over again - it does become a rant. I don't care too much about that, what I do care about is self-appointed watchdogs who "call people out", imply that other people's posts are targeted toward personal gain, and have little if any proof of this other than their personal opinions. B & T have done this to you and at least one other SS members recently - I think unjustly in both cases.

By the way "spammer" is not a nice word, nor was it meant to be.

I've been a SS member since 2013 - primarily a "lurker" here , hardly ever post - read all the time - so I know Barsenault well and enjoy most of his posts, Trinkets is "new" (maybe) & I hope becomes more constructive - like last post in response to Alor.

PAX - but I will be looking!

18. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

lol Seriously, calm down.

I find it funny that your immediate reaction is to attack someone else because you feel "offended" for something that you were not part of nor did you obviously understand. And for that matter, because you don't agree with the comments. If you look at barsenault's or my comments we never attacked anyone. Strange that you are :)

I am new in that I recently signed up for an account but have been lurking for several years. Either way it means nothing. Or are you attacking me now because I am new. Bullies don't get very far, but knock yourself out man.

Spammer does have negative connotations - just like "rant" does, in case you didn't realize that. And again, if you look at the original threads (if you are really interested), you will find out who used it and why. Instead of focusing on one specific message that you clearly did not follow correctly or understand, you should show your intelligence by reading and trying to understand. Neither I nor barsenault or anyone else (including justsilver) attacked anyone, but you seem to wish to.

Anyway, please refrain from these pointless responses, and, you know, offer something constructive :)

Either way I won't be responding directly to you any further.

19. rolling-thunder

It's all OK Trinkets. I've read all the posts and I understand you & others don't like Mint of Poland or their dealers - that's OK too - but you also do a pretty good job of being a bully - imitating those who wish to post anything about Mint of Poland coins. People can read all the posts and come to their own conclusions. I am truly done with this, better things to do with my time & hope you are truly done too.

20. barsenault

Amen brothers of this mighty forum of 5...lol...let’s move on to the great things happening in the world of precious metals.

My last word on the MoP is simply, no more for me. I’m all for making a profit and at the end of the day, it really is the buyer’s responsibility to determine if they feel a certain collectible is worth 2,3,4 or more times the value of the initial price. Ultimately the market will dictate true price discovery...even with hoards being held onto. It’s the buyers responsibility to do their homework. If they come to this site and see that the intro price for let’s say a god of Ares was $220.00, and is now going for 2+k...and if they then decide to move forward despite the price being that high, it’s on them, not the dealer. If they don’t do their homework, it’s on them, not the dealer. It’s our job to provide insight into what the initial cost was and let the buyer decide for themselves (what Trinket and I were attempting to do). The dealer is only increasing prices because they feel there are buyers who will pay up. Kudos to them....that’s why they started their business in the first place - to make money. But, I’m still convinced the ‘little guy’ who MAY think the Ares coin at 2k is a good investment, will get ramshackled in due time....and I know for a FACT that the designers of the Gods series think the Gods is in the tulip phase of the bubble!! But, if the buyers don’t care, and they love the look of it, no matter the cost, all the power to them...

I don’t like the games folks play at controlling inventory to increase price...and you may not either...and the only way to help bring about change is, don’t buy - simple. Vote with your wallet.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Trinkets likes this.