$2200 worth of gold purchased on this forum missing!

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by SeverousSilver, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeverousSilver

SeverousSilver Member

He told me he would have put it in the letter box but it would have been hanging out so he thought it safer if he slid it under the gate. WTF? i told him why would you not just leave a card!!!! anyway thankfully the call was recorded.. this is what the aus post lady sent me after i hung up from the conversation with him

Hey Luke,

I just wanted to let you know the call was still being recorded when you were speaking to the driver and I heard everything.

I have still sent the investigation through to the Delivery Centre who are in charge of the Driver.

If you find the item, please reply to this email to let us know.

Otherwise, please take this up with the Police as well as I understand your parcel is very expensive.

I'm very sorry for the actions of the driver and hopefully the parcel will be found.

Thanks,
    Casey

2. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Have the sender took a photos of the parcel???

3. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Please confirm with Juliew if she has reciept for SOD.
    File a police report, check with realestate agent for cameras. With a police report when dealing with Auspost and real estate agent they would be more receptive if you have contacted the police.

First try to keep everyone onside, when dealing with the below people, you want them to help you and feel sympathetic, and not automactically shut down and go into defensive mode.

Auspost because they should help potentially they could be liable
    Real estate agent though really nothing to do with them hopefully out of duty to help out.
    Residents do a letter drop, don't blame or threaten anyone and also ask if they had any couriers or deliveries done on that day.

Also remember it might not have been a resident, it could be other people ie guest, other delivery or contractors who walked in or out.

Hopefully juliew can confirm SOD and you have auspost to pressure. Because from what I understand, the default insurance post only covers $100 and excludes bullion, so having negligence and or breach of contract event will go a long way for settlement.

Hope you get it back

4. SeverousSilver

SeverousSilver Member

as far as i understand it was just a generic express post envelope i don't believe any photos were taken

5. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

That's why you do a Redback and insure it as ball bearings from Redback ball bearing company ;)

6. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sucks big time.

Expensive lesson on having a PO BOX.

Give it 10 days and if still missing, let us know.

7. Golden ChipMunk

Read thru the lines....

We don't need attitude here

Have seen a few members with big time attitude and is hostile with other members here without reason , when one hasn't been dealt directly or related transaction..... Don't need to names them , we knows who they are

Put the jokes aside

8. SeverousSilver

SeverousSilver Member

I know this is probably going to sound silly but this is literally one of the hardest things of my life i seriously cant stop thinking about it, i cant sleep. Hell my girlfriend has been talking to me and i haven't even responded because ive been so out of it. Don't risk it guys take every precaution you possibly can to avoid this believe me you don't want to end up like me its going to take a lot of letting go to get over this ive made so many sacrifices and its all gone in the blink of an eye. Probably a wake up call on my shitty life i mean if it hurts so much to loose that much money how is that reflecting on my life in general

9. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:/

10. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Always look on the bright side of life.

This has happened for a reason.

Take the time to breathe and reflect.

Hobartians look out for other Hobartians.

Give youself a few days to digest what has happened.

If after 10 days, the problem is still a problem, send me a email.

Please do not let $2k ruin your peace of mind.

OK..?

T

11. Golden ChipMunk

All my parcels photos are taken before wrapping ,while lodging ...
    So it have weight n scales with the parcel... Proof that it had been lodged...

I had a parcel send and was missing for three months, got it back finally after the duration ...
    It took me all the trouble to get it back with lot of corresponding with Aust post officers.
    The mistake was I was given incorrect P O Box or wrong postcode.... that all it take

I put a request for the parcel to be return back to me....

As a sender , you don't just wipes your ass after send it....

The buyer know and was happy with my services
    We all need to work together to solve the matter.

12. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

Wow...maybe losing the parcel was worth alot more than receiving it.

13. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Chin up mate.

Your life can't be that shitty if you've made a conscious effort to invest in gold.

Put this one down to just very bad luck. Sure there's a few things that could have been done differently, but bad luck this time around has played a hand.

Situations like this are thrust upon everyone from time to time. It's a test.

Everyone comes out stronger in the end.

Good luck mate.

14. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

Chin up buddy. You are lucky to learn the PO BOX lesson now rather than later. It sux to lose money. It sux worse to lose precious metals. Are you in a position to buy from a dealer? Forum members need to be alert to tracking numbers and signature. As well small heavy items should be put into relatively big boxes so that neigbours, visitors and employees can't guess the contents.

15. Golden ChipMunk

Were you ask of the options??? Did you go for cheaper options or recommended???
    What are you guys thinking???
    Express Parcel plus SOD , trying to save a few dollars does not justified !!!

*****The apartment complex is consider a street address.
    SOD is highly recommended unless send by Platinum Express

Tips n Hint

Boxes, use appropriate box, taped all side - also write the address again on the box. Before put in the satchel bag
    ( make sure the box are packed , not loose stuffs inside )
    Envelopes taped all sides, for those that prefer $2 mail ; put the materials in a thin folded card paper.

16. millededge

millededge Active Member

in Hobart there are only a small number of vendors...the one on Liverpool St, a fellow stacker and also top of Cat n Fiddle, think it is called Adelaide or Elizabeth jewelers

may be worth dropping in to them after you have lodged an event with the police

I think anyone wanting to sell these items may have to present their ID for a sale, though not sure

Also keep your eye on ebay

Even though you've lost the money now and it is hard to stop thinking about it, time usually fixes that. I've been robbed twice to the tune of thousands in my mid 20s, then ripped off on ebay 1500, then lost over half my lunch money in the gfc, getting it all back finally in 2011. That same year I left a couple grand in an atm (dont ask) on the way to buy some gold. Needless to say, a few minutes later when I realised and backtracked, cash no more.

And, many like me are still waiting for silver to crack 30 for a fair chunk of the silver stack. Win some, lose some. Oh and a prick stole my bike last week. Not the first time.

There was a few stackers here that really had it hard if you want to put your 2200 into perspective. One guy here saved his earnings from an extended overseas military tour and thieves stole his stack on nye while he was out. Another in Melbourne was tied up and robbed of his stack after a trade was arranged.

You might want to think about is setting an account online with ABC bullion sydney and they can store purchases for you. That can save future headaches. I would also be aware that if your address and name was on the package you must ensure if there are valuables in your premises you have them secured.

The second place I was robbed from in my 20s the thieves came back to the same place and smashed a back window weeks later. I quit the lease and that cost 3600.

You get over it, but it sucks a bit at the time.

considering your coins are "pride of australia" maybe that makes them a bit unusual. Might lead somewhere if local dealers have a heads up and you have already filed an incident report with the police. That way, say the coins were presented to the dealers and the ID belonged to someone in the block of units...you might have a chance of justice, if the police have the capacity to follow it up. Police are stretched though. I had witnesses of a whole flock of retards on my lawn in the wee hours of the night my place was robbed and window smashed, knowledge of where my stolen atm card was used in a Hungry Jacks with CCTV and still police did not return to question for 3 months after the burglary report was lodged to interview the neighbours about the incident in my lawn, let alone the CCTV. By then it was pointless.

17. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just for reference, I have PMd with the party concerned.

I'm not ignoring this discussion for any reasons other than privacy.

18. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Did you seriously throw out a receipt for postage on a $2200 package?
    I have had a few things go missing that i have sent over the years and KEEPING the receipt is essential.
    Until the person who paid me has the package i take it as still in my possession.
    If auspost is anything like NZPost then the only person that can file a report is the SENDER as it is their package until in the hands of the recipient.

19. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How about the two parties are left to attempt to work this out themselves first?
    I am sure the situation is stressful enough for both parties without everyone else putting their 2 cents in.

20. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Once I had received confirmation of tracking that the package was delivered by Aust Post, yes, I discarded the receipt. A spur of the moment action, and an error in hindsight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.