2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I believe CBDC's are coming in very near future. Have a look at this recent ECB working paper for how far ahead the plans already are.

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/other/Report_on_a_digital_euro~4d7268b458.en.pdf

1. Effects on the banking sector, monetary policy and financial stability

The introduction of a digital euro could affect the transmission of monetary policy and have a negative impact on financial stability, for example by challenging banks’ intermediation capacity and by affecting risk-free interest rates. Depending on its characteristics as a form of investment, it might induce depositors to transform their commercial bank deposits into central bank liabilities. This might increase the funding costs of banks and, as a consequence, interest rates on bank loans, potentially curtailing the volume of bank credit to the economy.

Banks could react to this trend in different ways. One possibility would be to try to stabilise deposits by increasing their remuneration or by bundling them with additional services (for example, payment services, mortgages, etc.). Second – unless the central bank increases its outright holdings of securities, thus increasing the supply of liquidity on a permanent basis – banks could replace lost deposit funding with central bank borrowing, provided that they have adequate collateral (in terms of both quality and quantity). This would imply an increase in demand for collateral, which might ultimately have an impact on market interest rates for safe assets; moreover, the central bank would expand its role in the economy and its risk exposure. Finally, to the extent that the central bank increases its outright holdings of securities, banks could still try to substitute deposit funding with more expensive capital market-based funding.

2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

What I think they could do is to create a parallel dollar, which will gradually drain its value from the current one.
    The new (digital dollar) will be like Bitcoin and people will rush into it. They will in fact love it, because "universal basic income" ("soylent green" for the slaves) will probably be given to them in this form.

3. TreasureHunter

At this moment, are there any state-owned, more trustworthy cryptos that are worth buying?

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

:p
    Why on Earth would they want to do that?

It won't be anything like BTC. It'll be more like our current digital payment system with some tech tweaks to enable the State to fine-tune where payments are made and track some spending if they so desire.

:p

5. mmm....shiney!

o_O:rolleyes::p

6. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Could you recommend some reliable stocks that can proxy crypto? I might be interested if there's a big tech stock plunge. Other than Paypal and FB which I'm already following.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  7. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They will probably eliminate all the banks and issue everyone a fed debit card with no limit.
    Once your indebted to the fed for the bills you cant pay it spirals and you'll owe them forever.
    No need for any other banks, just one debit card from the fed is all they need to own everyone.
    Everything you need and everything you buy will go through that card. Easy.

8. sgbuyer

The last couple of days has been an eye opener. Based on the info revealed, it's not just a trend, but we are already in it.

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. sgbuyer

Looks like Trump is going to win. This time for real. If Americans found out the truth after the elections, I can't imagine what will happen. This would benefit gold I guess?

11. JohnnyBravo300

I would put my money on trump to win over Biden and it would kick off alot more violence and riots probably. Would be good for the controllers if there was more.
    Whens the last time you heard of redneck blue collar republicans burning businesses and looting haha. Maybe never.
    If biden won all you hear would be crickets from the right, or some mumbles of discontent.
    Violence and looting has always been a leftist tactic.
    It's another reason why liberalism is considered a mental disorder by many.

spannermonkey likes this.
  12. TreasureHunter

If Trump wins, we'll see massive protests, orchestrated violence that could get out of control.

Gold could shoot up after Novemba' 3rd. Or not... if they launch the vaccine this year, then gold might as well start dippin' and the dollar climbin'.

Seriously, if this happens, it'll be worth stacking a few bucks in late 2020.

13. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes both gold and silver seem to be in a holding pattern until the election circus is completed.

I think we then see some serious action on the upside, although I must admit that there is a slight possibility it could go the other way,
    particularly if the share market takes a big dump.

I find this election hysteria rather amusing to watch.

The peasants still believe that their votes count for something.

But, as comrade Stalin so truthfully stated " Those who vote decide nothing, those who count the vote decide everything ".

adze67, madaw1 and sgbuyer like this.
  14. JohnnyBravo300

I dont know how anyone could watch that garbage but they will both be good for physical with the same policies.
    The share markets will dump eventually. It's never gone up forever because stimulus has never lasted forever but could go up much more still.
    It's been crazy up and down this week, mostly down.
    Maybe it will all tank after the next selection coming up who knows.

15. JohnnyBravo300

I wonder what pms will be valued at in the next system.
    More or less than now ya think?

16. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are people who know when the share market will tank, unfortunately you and me are not in the club Johnny, so
    we are not privy to when they will pull the plug on the system.

I know someone who never registered to vote when he turned 18, he says it was the best political decision he made in his life!

For the first few decade he was flying under the radar, and had no communication from the Electoral Commission or what ever
    they call themselves.
    Then a few years ago he received an envelope in the mail advising him that he had to sign up to vote ( I think he got dobbed in,
    because he was always making fun of the Muppets having to stay at home on a Saturday and vote, while he went out fishing for
    the weekend :)
    Anyway, he ignored the letter and they kept send him more and more letters over the last few years.
    He says they have now stopped sending him letters but have now started sending him text messages on his mobile phone threatening
    him with legal action, as they claim not being on the electoral role is against the law.
    He says he is tempted to write to them and tell them to wait a few more year until he is dead of old age, then they can sigh him up
    to vote with all the other dead people who vote.:D

17. sgbuyer

Stock market don't matter now, in fact, nothing matters. It's now not about the election, but the survival of the democratic party.

18. sgbuyer

There will be some rioting and burning like in June, but as long as Trump's supporters don't join in, which they won't, it will die down very quickly. I'm not concerned about the US itself, all this talk about civil war is just scare mongering by the other camp. I'm concerned about international geopolitics, which will affect us.

19. mmm....shiney!

There wan't be another system.

But gold is still likely to remain a safe-haven, not sure about silver. BTC will also have a function to play I'd say.

20. sgbuyer

Trump will be better for gold. Let’s not forget, gold went up when Trump took over. A strong USD is not a good thing for the US economy, contrary to what globalists say, every country tries to devalue their currencies to gain cost advantage for exports.