2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Possibly just writing laws that determine if the Gov can (without reasonable doubt) trace wallet movements to your identify then you’re guilty of whatever crime they dream up. Perhaps all your assets could be frozen.

adze67, Real $, alor and 1 other person like this.
  2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

govt, though the Minister of Health can sent you an sms, declaring that you are a health hazard (covid exposure) you must be tested negative before going out your front door, what if that is your co-worker sending it to you! they work there and have your data. They can sent this sms to you each month :)

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

They already can and do trace movements where they have known origins or destinations linked to identities, the impossible bit is where they’ve got neither of them and a zillion tx-id’s to sift through.

4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Right now bank runs are occurring within Europe. People are taking their cash out of the banks. There is little or no cash available.
    Currency exchanges and banks have no foreign currency.

USD and CHF have the higher rates. EUR notes are scarce and the euro itself is barely holding on (losing ground vs gold, the dollar and the Swiss franc).

jultorsk likes this.
  5. heartastack

100%. I just reckon that if they build laws that make the future unsustainable for Russian wealth creation and preservation then that will be enough of an issue for enough people to put pressure on Putin’s regime. No insurance, no incentive, all risk that now has to be underwritten by Putin himself.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  6. alor

defeat the tiny Cuba first, a task so small did not get accomplished, for a far bigger power, well well

7. heartastack

Is anybody jealous of Cuba? The cigars are only allowed to be sold like charity now in the US. The kids moved on to vaping a while ago

8. alor

RT is on telegram

9. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome tourists back to Australia... :eek::eek:

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 11.01.35 pm.png

Real $ and TreasureHunter like this.
  10. alor

AUD = SGD at 1:1
    but the silver price over there is AUD 395 vs our SGD 369 for 10 oz bars

11. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Even Putin won't order an intentional Nuclear first strike in Kiev, but even if Putin did it is debatable if France, UK or US will retaliate with Nuclear strike.

If France, UK or US (UK under Boris is not a factor) did retaliate with a nuclear strike what will they Bomb Moscow or Russian forces in Ukraine....

Doubt any EU nations will send troops as long as Russian are fighting inside Ukraine and don't advance.

The only direct way this war escalate into something serious is if Gas pipes in Ukraine is shut off by Russia or it is blown up by accident or sabotaged.

Imagine the spike in Gold Spot price if Russia demanded payment in physical gold :)
    Please dont go on about contracts lol, any contracts are null and void once sanctions was put on Russia!

Even an accidental nuclear accident in one of the 4 nuclear power station won't be as bad a shock to gas stopping to flow to EU.

EU gas reserves are low and silly as it seems 11% of total "EU Reserve" is owned by Gazprom, and its empty, 30% is in retail and industrial users tanks ie retail gas stations, power stations and steel works and is an estimate not really a reserve and only 2x% is dedicated "strategic storage"

Gas stopping to flow in one or more Russian pipes through Ukraine will result in rolling power outage within weeks in different parts of EU.

EU resserve is aggregate is in name only. German reserve is for Germany and Italian reserve is for Italy.

Did you know Italy is 100% reliant on Russian Gas?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    Real $ and heartastack like this.
  12. alor

when it is nuclear war, it can only mean thousands of nukes would be launched, or none at all, there is no one or two

13. TreasureHunter

The USD is kicking. Uneducated Economist was right, the demand for USD did rise.

CHF is a great safe haven, but many people don't even think about it. Switzerland, we know :D

Gold is 1963 $ right now...

14. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

I got a fright just an hour ago when I checked the price of gold. If it rises quickly, something bad is about to happen.

15. TreasureHunter

Dealers are running out of bullion. The poorest quality and either too large or too small bars can still be found ONLY in some places.

Premiums are also exaggeratedly high.

1 USD was 0.82 EUR in May 2021 and it's 0.92 EUR now. That is more than 10% loss of value vs the dollar and it says a lot about the EU's economies.

IT IS GOING TO GET WORSE.

And I saw people struggling to get paper euro notes. It's dumb. I bet most of them don't even think of gold right now.

Gold is at an all time high, around 1800 EUR right now. Back then in 2021, when the dollar figure surpassed 2000 $ per ounce, the euro figure was around 1600 EUR.

I expect at least 20% currency devaluation of the euro in 2022. Not sure if official inflation figures will follow, but in some countries even that is above 10% ALREADY.
    If the Ruskies continue this brutal war, then the euro might as well lose 20-25 % of its value.

Crypto going down again, now as gold and the USD are rising in Europe.

No, I am still not sure if crypto is a safe haven asset during times like this. Perhaps not even when the Ruskies are getting their money out of the EU.

Perhaps crypto will have a future is there is peace, but the EU-US is trying to push Russia out of the world's financial systems & agreements. So, perhaps only during times of physical peace, but economic warfare is there a future for crypto.

Some go as far as to speculate that Stellar or Ripple could overtake the function of Swift for the Russians.

Regardless of anything, if you look at gold: it is proving again that it is the best safe-haven asset. Peter Schiff must love this!

I can hear the joy in his voice, when listening to his interviews :D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    Real $ and Mintaka like this.
  16. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

Hi TH,
    I have just picked up some commentary about Russia backing the ruble with gold. VAT being removed to encourage people to buy gold.
    I also read a YouTube comment that the LBMA may remove Russian gold refiners from the accredited list. I believe the comment was on this interview which I have yet to watch.

Looks like shit's going down. We are on a farm. Very grateful to be out of city.

17. TreasureHunter

I think more people will buy gold in Europe now with the unfolding crisis. You can buy Euros easier, but gold runs out.

The pandemic has brought a lot of economic turmoil (needless to explain) and more monetary easing + now Putin's mad war will stir it up.

I think the Russian invasion with the sanctions will bring a lot more turmoil to Europe's economies than the pandemic (which was rather like a "pause"). The sanctions will backfire horribly.
    We can still worry whether Czar Putin wants to stop at Ukraine's borders or... does he really want to ignite WW 3.

18. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

If that’s true and I highly doubt it, it will hamstring Russian economic growth.

19. Ipv6Ready

Only 50 nukes will turn Ukraine into a radioactive heap

Once about 50 combined Russian, UK, USA and French nukes dropped on Ukraine, Russia and West can decide a "Ukraine as Hot Zone is a decent buffer" and back off without to much angst.

Unlikely Boris the Clown from UK is even allowed to fire the retaliatory strike and bomb Moscow as a retaliation to a Russian strike in Ukraine?

Will yapping Macron from France order a nuke strike and bomb Moscow as a retaliation ot Russian strike in Ukraine, as if?

Senile Biden from America won't know how to fire the retaliatory strike and bomb Moscow as a retaliation of Russian strike in Ukraine? If Biden had a lucid moment he will be told don't be stupid.

Note: 50 Nukes dropped on Ukraine wont be but a blip in history if it happens to anyone but people living around it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  20. Ipv6Ready

Bhahahaahaahaaaahahaaaaa