2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

A bunch of countries (EU, G20, G7, BRIC - lately not very relevant) could team up and agree upon a new gold-backed currency.

If they'd back it with gold, it would be a real stable coin.

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Again, they did so they would lose their independence and threaten the financial stability of their economies.

Advanced western nations are not going to do that.

precious roar likes this.
  3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Whether, it is gold or silver backed don't matter as long as it can be used to buy stuff or exchanged for other currencies. That's why I think the Americans will still control cryptos and block chain currency because they control the payment providers, Paypal, Mastercard, Visa, Amex, among others.

adze67 likes this.
  4. sgbuyer

adze67 likes this.
  5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

wait till S550 is out
    Chinese newspaper: "S-550" system is capable of targeting a US military shuttle
    The Russian "S-550" air defense and missile defense system will achieve a new quantum leap in technology, which will allow Russia to advance over the American and Israeli missile defense systems.
    This was stated in an article published by the Chinese newspaper Sohu. The newspaper said that the "S-550" will become the world's first self-propelled air and space defense system.
    According to the information available to the newspaper, the new Russian system will be able to intercept various ballistic missiles, including ICBMs, outside the Earth's atmosphere. The system can target other space weapons such as the US military's multi-use X-37B space shuttle.
    This means that the technical and tactical specifications of the Russian system are superior to the Russian "S-400" and "S-500" systems and the American Aegis missile defense system equipped with SM-3Block llB missiles.
    The newspaper said that all missile shield systems used at the present time in the armies of the world are fixed and immobile systems. It can have a maximum operating range of 600 km and a maximum altitude of 200 km, as is the case in the Russian S-500 system. It seems that the "S-550" system will surpass these specifications and can move quickly from one place to another. This means, according to the newspaper, that Russia has made a huge qualitative leap in the development of missile shield technology and has advanced far over other countries.
    Source: Rossiyskaya Gazeta

6. TreasureHunter

7. sgbuyer

India is buying the S500.

8. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

Him saying he "is vaccinated and sees the point" says it right there. No wonder hes still confused about what is going on haha.
    He even thinks a 14 day lockdown will beat a virus wow.
    I remember learning about viruses in grammar school so I'm always confused how an adult doesnt understand something as simple as natural immunity.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  9. sgbuyer

China needs Australia many times more than Australia needs China.

Unless China takes Siberia, then no need Australia. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  10. alor

the policy had been set without Australian supply...
    after a few years, we will get to see the outcome

11. alor

12. TreasureHunter

13. alor

India is waiting for S400
    Russia has not yet sell S500 Prometheus

14. TreasureHunter

They want to get rid of cryptos claiming that they consume too much energy... hilarious.

15. alor

16. sgbuyer

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  17. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

What a joke Bitcoin is.
    Wastes a vast amount of computer time and energy doing nothing useful.
    In 100 years,w hen we have computers the size of continents,and have harnessed the entire Power of the sun,the technology may have practical application.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018

18. RiotGold

RiotGold Member

Computation for Bitcoin has achieved a change in thinking? I don't think you can classify the potential the bitcoin offers as useless... This even from just the fundamental statement of being another source of value.

19. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone rubbishing bitcoin at this point only exposes a lack of thorough understanding.
    Trying to convince others to buy it hand-over-fist right now is a whole other story…

TreasureHunter likes this.
  20. TreasureHunter

Agreed.

Many people who missed the boat speak against it. Also, people who don't understand the phenomenon.

I never believed in cryptos and I didn't invest/missed the boat, but it's a totally new phenomenon that most people don't understand even today.

I always like thorough deep analysis, which "nay sayers" don't usually have.
    The rate of adoption is tremendous, it spreads more than the internet, more than anything ever before!

This is the future in one form or the other. I think many people missed the boat, I didn't believe either that is was going to become so big.
    When I first heard about it, it was around 25-30 $ and I considered it as "internet money", basically like a coupon at most.

So I never bought, didn't understand it thoroughly, but very few people did understand 10% of what we understand today. It was so unpredictable and
    seemed to have so many flaws, limits etc.

I was fascinated about them technically, but never would have believed Bitcoin could even reach 10 k. But it did.

I always compared it to gold and silver and found that PM's would beat Bitcoin at any level: store of value, intrinsic value, more stable (PM's are not so
    volatile), you hold it and you own it (cryptos are merely digital)... the early bubble made me think cryptos are merely in a tulip-bubble.

But today we're living in far more digitalized world and this environment simply works totally differently. It is a totally new phenomenon.

Michael Saylor and Raoul Pal are the most convincing and I listen to them a lot. All previous Bitcoiners were "armchair teenager experts with pimples" and
    seeing who they are discredited cryptos in 3 seconds.

The early exchanges and wallets didn't have credibility. Chinese and Russian trading portals looked like spyware/adware/trojan virus nests and were scary
    to just enter them. If anyone ever registered there and shared their personal data through KYC methods, they must have been nuts!

The early "alt coins" were pump and dumps.

So I never was a crypto guy, although I kept reading about them for a decade.

I always made sense to listen to Peter Schiff and Jim Rickards. PM's seemed to be sound assets and cryptos looked worse than fiat money.

Obviously I didn't understand enough about the entire crypto-phenomenon. Now I am astonished and I'm determined to learn more about it.

Now I listen to all: Saylor, Pal, Schiff, Rickards - they all make strong points. Today I couldn't say either one or the other is right/wrong.

I think they're all right and what's the common element is that fiat is going to dust. Cryptos, PM's all have future in my opinion as alternative investments.

I also think BTC is going to hit 100 k. They just need to invent something to make it consume less electricity.

adze67, sammysilver and heartastack like this.