2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

3. TreasureHunter

Watch what's going on in the UK: panic buying of gasoline and food products. Many gas stations and food stores are empty.

GOLD1 likes this.
  4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not surprised by the gasoline shortage but what I'm surprised is the lack of signs of the pandemic. IS the pandemic over in the uK? :D

GOLD1 and Steveno like this.
  5. TreasureHunter

^
    This is weird. Wave 4 is supposed to be far more severe and stats show hundreds of people dying every day in various countries, but most people don't wear masks!

Or, we've gotten used to it?

6. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not that bad after all

7. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised how many people are like that lady that cried after running out of fuel. SHTF and most people would just turn into an emotional wreck instantly.

8. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's not gasoline shortage. They have fuel alright, they don't have drivers to get it to the pumps.
    For the record energy costs more in the EU now than in the UK.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-help-dvla-clear-hgv-licence-backlog-testing/

The British Army should be deployed in place of staff working from home to process HGV licences that would help to alleviate the lorry driver shortage, it was claimed on Friday.

The crisis deepened when a union voted for strike action at the government agency in charge of HGV driving tests.

Grant Shapps, the Transport Secretary, admitted on Friday that there was a backlog of 40,000 lorry drivers waiting to take their tests because the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) had been prevented from conducting them through lockdown.

However, the DVSA’s plans to ratchet up the number of tests from 2,000 a day pre-Covid to 4,000 could be thwarted by any possible strike.

The problems posed by Covid at the two agencies, the DVSA and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), are being blamed for a driver shortage that has seen supermarket shelves emptied and long queues for petrol at forecourts.
    --
    A road haulage industry insider said: “There has been talk of bringing in the Army to drive fuel tankers, but the simplest solution would be to deploy the Army to the DVLA to sort out the applications.

“So many of the drivers cannot get out there just because the pieces of paper they need to get out on the road are in a DVLA in-tray. It sounds silly and it sounds flippant, but sometimes the biggest problems in the world have the simplest solutions.”

Mr Shapps accepted on Friday that the “principal bottleneck” was the availability of tests for drivers because there were “none available during the coronavirus [pandemic]”. In a round of interviews, he later told Sky News that “we were unable to test 40,000 drivers during coronavirus”.

The DVSA said it was doing all it could to clear the backlog. A spokesman said: “During lockdown, the rules said you cannot conduct tests.”

9. sgbuyer

Europe might have already got herd immunity from 2020. We're only going through wave 1. Australia as well. Others still at Wave 0. Waiting for what? Maybe waiting for the killer winter? :D

10. alor

there is no such thing as herd immunity with delta covid. 5,000 a day infections in two weeks for us with >80% doubled jabs

11. sgbuyer

Yes, the mRNA jabbed ones that have been infected and survived have herd immunity.

12. TreasureHunter

No-one can know for sure how dangerous the new strains are. There are so many contradictory reports.

13. TreasureHunter

14. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Where was I for the last 3 waves haha. Wave 4 wow.
    How do you know where one stops and the other starts? Do we need new masks and gloves? Should I be scared and stay home?
    Is working risky?
    I do asphalt work and we see masks and gloves in every parking lot and along every roadway, should I be concerned?
    How do I keep myself safe and others safe if masks and vaccines arent 100 percent effective?
    I mean that's alot of pressure on a guy who already feels like a racist white right wing gun toting extremist hillbilly with a milf wife and heterosexual privileged white kids with both parents still married.....sinners.
    How does the virus not just bypass my triple mask and not go right in my eyeballs or ears?
    If I step on a crack will it break my mother's back if I'm vaxxing regularly? How often is regular?
    Why hasnt there been a mass dying off of nurses and doctors since hospitals are overrun with the dead and dying and should be hotbeds of covid?
    Why is a silver dollar still cost 30 bucks when melt is like 16.
    So many questions.

adze67, MacAg and samoth25 like this.
  15. alor

doing aspalt not risky for virus, just don't get burn... may be its not so hot under the sun up there, here the sun is hot
    you can see on the chart, like a wave, 1 and 2... higher number of cases
    if you go into a store, try to avoid crowd, never know who got them, asymptomatic now a days
    virus attack lungs, and blood vesels may be like a beaver trying to chock the vessel

16. JohnnyBravo300

Sun is hot in Colorado at 9000 ft. We ski with t shirts on sometimes and you'll get lots of sun haha.
    The Rockies are paradise to us.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    adze67 likes this.
  17. TreasureHunter

I heard that some nutcases ski butt naked with their sausage out in the open.
    Then, the dogs can run after them, making them ski even faster!

18. sgbuyer

This is true, the higher the altitude, the stronger the sun rays.

19. JohnnyBravo300

This is true and to see a random naked skier or a dude in his sister's bikini at Crested Butte is not uncommon.
    There is a "pond skim" you can try and with enough speed and control you just might make it across or crash in the slush filled pond.
    Being naked or close to it seems to help and a few drinks are usually involved and lots of smiles.
    I worked up there as a lift operator years ago for a winter and it was truly one of the most fun jobs I've ever had but didnt pay much.
    It hardly seems like a job when you are at a place where everyone comes to have fun.

20. alor

there is no goannas there lol