2019 $1 mob of roos merlion privy 1oz silver bullion coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Tin Can, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Tin Can

Tin Can Active Member

Hello all, I have been an avid viewer of the forum for a while so I thought now is the time to register. Have learned a great deal from the forum.

I notice the RAM has issued the 2019 $1 mob of roos merlion privy 1oz silver bullion coin for the Singapore coin fair, with a mintage of 5000.

Prices range somewhat from OK to much more (e.g. Downies at $80).

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can find them online for about $35.00. Still cheap. Although, the prices at most places do range from 40 - 80.

3. Bullion Baron

Bullion Baron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

US$30-32 at LPM. Apparently they were around US$25 a few days ago: https://www.lpm.hk/2019-1-oz-australia-mob-of-roos-merlion-privy-999-silver-coin-bu.html

Very tempted, a 'first' in any low mintage bullion form can be worth a punt.

I think it will be one of those coins I will feel bad about missing out on once cheap dealers sell out and prices spring higher... but I just don't think I can stomach buying a privy coin :D

My guess is these coins do really well with collectors / investors and the demand results in RAM eventually flooding the market with variants like they did the coloured $2 coins, etc.

4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

They definitely look nicer than the stock pictures for sure. I’ve already sold a couple for $59.00, not sure why they haven’t sold out yet. Maybe not as a popular as we think. Or folks don’t know about LPM? I know APMEX sold out in minutes, and they were selling for $40.00. My buy-in price was 30.00 (cash price was 27.00)...didn’t get the low, but close. I don’t like privies either, but since this was a show privy, I thought I’d roll the dice. :)

Attached Files:

jultorsk likes this.