2016 1/4 Queens Beast Lion

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Btc624, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Btc624

Btc624 New Member

New to stacking gold and I have a question regarding the the Queens Beast 1/4 oz Lion. I really like this coin as well as maples, Eagles ,and Kangaroos, my question is how liquid is this coin compared to the standards mentioned before or is Gold just Gold and it wouldn't make a difference from any other 1/4 gold coin.

2. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Hi. Please clarify. Are you referring to the Bullion or Proof coin? Thanks.

3. Btc624

Btc624 New Member

Bullion as I'm really not interested in the proofs.

4. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gold is gold and its very liquid at spot.
    As for premiums you should be able to keep most of it, as long as you kept it in a good condition AND if you were selling it privately.
    If you were to sell to a dealer, chances are you will get near spot. so at today Perth Bullion prices, it will have to increase by $50 for you to break it even.

Modern gold coins dont go up in premiums when compared to silver, my reasoning is....

Gold is usually bought by investors and the deciding price is spot, only a very small number of collectors and hobbyist buy gold.
    Silver is mostly the domain of collectors and hobbyist hence the great interest in design and mintage numbers.

Dont get me wrong there are a those who operate between investor vs collector/hobbyist but that is minor few.

In regards to gold, the bigger the size of gold bar or coin and the quantity you want to sell, the more you are dictated by the market.

ie

1. Try to sell a 100gm Gold bar, no ones talks about how rare it is... the key here is in this forum there are just few people who could even afford it.
    2. Try to sell 10 x 1 ounce coins - because you need the cash, it wont be overnight, unless you take near spot at a dealer

5. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

I would say that the gold Queen's beast coin may be a little less liquid than the others you mentioned but if you sell at melt or close to melt then there is a good chance that it will sell. My honest opinion is that if one is making a bullion play it is best to stick to the well known coins such as the Maples, Eagles, Sovereigns etc; coins you can buy and sell with just a simple phone call to the dealers. This avoids having to list on forums and eBay.