2015 UK Gold Quarter-Sovereign

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Austro, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Austro

Austro Member

I've been looking at sovereigns for a while now but have never bought one. I have heard they are quite stunning especially with the rose colour given by the 22 carat gold. Recently I got the email from the Perth Mint about the 2015 Quarter-Sovereign which got me thinking about purchasing it. I was thinking it might get a bit more collector interest due to it being the last year with that portrait of the Queen. However I was a bit disappointed to find the Perth Mint only offers the quarter-sovereign size and not the half or full sovereign. So my questions are: do you think it will have more collector interest due to it being the last year with that portrait of the queen? and do you think the quarter-sovereign is too small to make it a worth while purchase? I would also be interested to hear from anyone who owns a proof sovereign on whether they like the coin.

Also I haven't bought a coin with less than 1/10oz gold before that is why I am worrying about the size.

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/2015-uk-gold-proof-quarter-sovereign-coin.aspx

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Modern sovereigns :rolleyes:
    Don't waste your $
    Buy an old one if you really want one ;)

3. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker