2015 Britannia

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SilverKendo, Dec 15, 2014.

1. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Hello all,

So I just got my 2015 Britannias that I preordered from JM Bullion. These guys look pretty much the same as 2014 and 2013 except the background behind Britannia and the Queen have a mottled surface texture. These are very nice coins with a highly polished proof-like finish much like last year's coins. The mottling effect is a little puzzling though. I've found it is a little distracting when you try to focus your eyes on the main images on the coin. I assume they added this feature so that there isn't such a large plain and highly polished surface on the coin that can be noticeably scratched and possibly as a bit of a security feature to make duplication more difficult (such as the RCM Maples). All in all not a bad coin; what you'd expect from the Royal Mint. I wish they would have done something different with the mottled background but that is just me. I think a satin finish like on Libertads and ASEs would have made this look much better. I got these on the most recent dip (spot at the high US $14's) so I am very happy with he price I paid. This coin is giving me even more trouble photographing than normal so if I can get a good shot I'll post it, but don't hold your breath for one I'm having troubles.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Yes very nice.
    Until spots start to show up :(

3. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

That's true but it is true of nearly every coin. I just read a thread here about some Perth Mint coins milking up. It is the price we pay as stacker/c collectors :)

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Milk spots are friends! ;) :/ :rolleyes: :p :lol: