2014 KILO China Panda (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Oct 14, 2014.

1. JDMseaweed

JDMseaweed Member

I was going to send coins to NGC but after reading lots of views and posts I'm starting to question "why do I need to pay someone to tell me that the coin I have is good condition?"
    I can look at the coin myself and be the judge.
    Once I begin to ponder, I think to myseld: 'It's true that we're paying for a sticker instead of valuing the actual coin more'

having said that, I'd probably buy graded some higher priced coins like the 1983 1984 1985 and 2000 mirror, as they're more susceptible to fakes. and having said that, there's even fake slabbed ones. the dilemma lol

oh the hardships of thee modern stacker

2. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Firstly, ngc and pcgs are grading companies recognize worldwide rather than individual grader or even less well know grading association like Taiwan and china. The recognization cost money lol. This is the rule of thumb in this sense.

Simple logic, an established and well known lawyer will cost much more than a normal lawyer. Anyone can say he is good in law but hard to convince people to engage him to fight case in court since he is not qualify even he is excellent than the lawyer. This is the fact and no different for the coin grading matter. Self recognization means to yourself not public.

There are not many fake ngc slab for 83,84 and 85 silver proof panda in the market.

Do all home works before buying.

91 3.3 gram panda medal is dangerous even a graded one. Super careful of it.

3. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One beauty is a fake genius ngc slab will be compensate by ngc if they grade it. Read the terms and conditions of the grading services.

Another good news, hard to verify it is fake if ngc cannot verify it. It will be less than 20 panda experts have the power to proof it is fake to ngc. Therefore, the value remain until it proof by them. The end is you still will get compensation from ngc if it is fake lol. This is another reason collector and investor buy slab rather than judge by themselves.

4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

what a bummer. I should have bought the entire provident metal stock of 24 Panda Kilo proofs and sold them on ebay. That was an easy couple grand profit. oh well, next time. They had them for about 1,000 and they're selling for about 1,250.00.