2012 Sovereigns

Discussion in 'Sovereigns' started by ArgentaLupa, Jul 24, 2013.

1. ArgentaLupa

ArgentaLupa New Member

What's the feeling on these? I'm possibly looking to pick up some more sovereigns soon and I've been looking at the 2012 ones. On the one hand they'd seem to be a good buy because of the unique jubilee design. On the other hand the fact that they can still be bought new for a (relatively) reasonable price suggests they aren't in great demand.

Are they worth a bit extra to get or should I just save a bit of cash and go for 2013 ones?

2. Lurkalot

Lurkalot New Member

The 'special design' years will always carry a premium. For example, a 2005 full sovereign auction on Ebay ended tonight for 260 plus postage. You can buy a brand new 2013 sov for 213.

As for what years to go for....it's your choice really. Do you want to collect bullion sovs at best price, or go down the numusmatic road and pay a premium for 'special' years or designs?

I tend to stack new shiny bullion sovs, but I do have several 2005 and 2012 sovs for variety.

Drop me a line if you fancy some, I'll do you a good deal.

3. ArgentaLupa

ArgentaLupa New Member

Thanks Lurkalot. I've been buying 2013 sovs purely for bullion but, like yourself, thought these might be interesting for variety and maybe they'd appreciate slightly better. Thanks for the offer but I've recently just decided to get some more silver and don't have any spare cash left for more gold at the moment :(