2012 Panda 30y brass china medal

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by smokymcpot, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

If this year is the 30th anni of the release of the Gold Panda and this medal is to celebrate it, and I believe next year is the 30th Anni of the release of the Silver Panda, then I would assume there should be another medal released next year to celebrate that. I would also assume they would be of a similar\complimentary design

So wouldn't this make this years medal more collectable and therefore increase it's investment potential, i.e. anyone buying next years medal, once again assuming they release one, would also want to buy this years... low mintage, more demand, increased prices?

I think the same thing was said about the Singapore show medal.. it's value will increase if they produce another one next year, as this makes them more collectable.

2. low

low New Member

Allow me to address a couple of confusing arguments here.

1. China officially released a series of gold and silver coins to commemorate the 30th anniversary on 9th of March, 2012. http://www.jibi.net/News/yhgg/13_20_57_224.html

On the other hand, the medal is issued by what a joking company whose main business is not in medal.

Future collectors/investors, when they are looking for collectibles, will they look for the official coins or the medal issued by the unknown company?

2. Singapore coin show medal is issued by subsidiary of CGCI, Great Wall Coins Investments Ltd. China didn't release any coins for this show. The only collectibles available is the medal.

Hence IMHO, the 30th anniversary medal is not comparable to Singapore coin show medal, and in turn Singapore coin show medal is not comparable to Munich coin show medal.

Therefore, I say NO if you ask me if there is investment potential of the 30th anniversary medal.

Who knows tomorrow there is another company also into producing the anniversary medal?

Btw, Gold is in the heart of every Chinese. I will be very shocked if China ever issued anything to commemorate issuance of silver coin.

Also, every new coin minting technology employed in China start with gold coin. Only then they apply it on silver.

3. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There only needs to be more 999 people that strongly desire this medal to make it appreciate in value :)

I desire this medal... now there only needs to be 998 more people... I'm actually hoping to get more than one medal too :)

My "guess" is that there are many more people that desire this medal :)

4. smokymcpot

smokymcpot New Member

Hmmm, everyone of you have your good points. Haha. But the thought of it although being so low mintage hasn't sold out. That's not normal as I think all of you know how fast the official mint sells of they're products.

5. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

Reminds me of the 1983, 1984 1y panda brass ,in the late 80,s panda america put a handful on cards and was selling them for $10 or $20 the card said Pandamonium ! pandagram with a picture of a bear on it..........moral of that story ,if you hold a scarce item long enough and have a long enough time horizon ,you are almost always rewarded;) I will post pictures of that card and what came out of it in a few days :p I scooped 2 of the medals , who knows brass or copper could be $1000 kg spot price 20 years from now:)

6. low

low New Member

If this unofficial brass medal is so desirable, I can't imagine how many times more desirable the official silver/gold coins will be in the future.

I better rush to stack the gold coins now.

7. richybaby

richybaby New Member

how do u know about china marketin chinaany mint can issue big bronze medalsome medals which are not made by shanghai mint also have good gains. if u want big profitsu can invest gold and silver directly. Even u can invest futures. Bronze medals were distict from gold and silver coinsits own materil is copper. Follwing what u have said, all the big bronze medals have no investment value.
    We collect medal because of its desinCarving themecirculation and priceect. it doesn't matter about who produce it.

8. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I think is a nice discussion. But for 120 uss. You can buy it and save. If you like it. If you will have lucky in a long time yo will have a medal that cost 120 uss selling for 120 uss or more.
    If not you allways have a nice medal to saw and give to your kids to save it. Here 120 uss is a lot of money, but in usa and others countrys are only a meal price. If you like it buy it. If not no buy. But low say a very good point for 120 uss if you dont like the design you have better investments in gold and silver coins.

9. silverfever

silverfever New Member

China 30th anniversary 1/4 oz mintage is 300000
    China 5 oz silver mintage is 30000

No name brass panda mintage is 999

2012 is almost over.

IMHO I will take my chances with the no name brass medal.

10. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Or you buy all
    ;-)
    Im looking to buy the 1/4 in ms69 cheap. But for now i cant have luck.
    If you buy in omp. Be carefully are a lot of fakes around.