2012 Kangaroo at Sunset Gold Proof Coin....

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Mighty Atom, Nov 11, 2011.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

need to pay :)

2. phan28282

phan28282 New Member

Dear Valued Customer

Your entry into the 2012 Kangaroo at Sunset ballot was selected in the draw held on 28th November 2011. This gives you the privilege of purchasing a $25 Gold Proof Kangaroo at Sunset coin.

After a final eligibility check, we will be processing your order and dispatching the coins as quickly as possible. This will take place over the next 10 working days; please be patient. If you have provided your credit card details please ensure there are sufficient funds to cover this purchase. The price is $650.00 (Inc GST) AUD for customers in Australia, or $590.91 plus $35.00 for postage and handling for international customers.

Regards
    Customer Service Team
    Royal Australian Mint
    ===========================================

I'm surprise I received this email for the 1st time. Even I get all ballot coins since 2010. Normally just waiting my CC to be charge. :) 3 of 3

3. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

4. JohnBB

JohnBB New Member

Hi
    I Just Got notified i got one of these coins from the ballot yesterday. I suppose i will recieve it before chirstmas.
    for all that missed out any1 want to trade? i'm looking for Silver 1oz bullion coins.

willing to trade my coin for 31x1oz bullion 2012 kooks or on near offer

5. coincollector63

coincollector63 New Member

That person would be me. I had every willing family member (we're not all in the same household) register as a customer of the Mint over the last year, in the hope of winning one coin between us, and out of our 6 entries, we ended up receiving 5 of them! We didn't expect that, but I guess it's the luck of the draw. We're going to keep one in our collection for the kids, and let the others go for whatever we can get.

You're welcome to come and take one off our hands for the right price ;) There is good demand, though. Seems a lot of people missed out, even though many on this board have received one.

To JohnBB: You should be getting your coin soon. The Mint has already started sending them out, so if you haven't already received it, you should get it very soon. Let us know what you think. They're a beautiful coin, in my opinion. Prettiest of my collection.

6. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

Thanks for the clarifications. I received the following email from ebay today:

"Please be aware that the following listing:

250937878561 - 2012 Kangaroo at Sunset Gold Proof Coin in Capsule 99.9% AU, 1/5 Ounce, 1 of 998

has been removed by eBay for violating of one or more of our policies. Any offers or bids placed on this listing are now null and void. Because the auction was ended, you as a bidder are not required to complete the transaction."

???

7. phan28282

phan28282 New Member

I'm also being very fortunate since the year RAM issue this coin via ballot.
    I have registered me, my wife, & my son. And every year I always returned all the ballot form with expectation to only get 1 coin for my son. However, it's just pure luck that ONLY 2011 & 2012 we got only 2 coins others we got 3 coins.

We always kept ONLY 1 coin and sell the others with the right price.

And received notification form RAM that they sent my coin yesterday. So hoping tomorrow or at least before new year I should get the coins.

Anyone interested to 2011 coin as I still have 1 extra. Will consider any good offer on this coin. PM or Message me if you interested.

Not 2012 coin as my mate has bought this coin of me even before I received the coin.

to coincollector63: well done mate

8. coincollector63

coincollector63 New Member

Yeah, sorry about that! Ebay made me re-list it because apparently you're not allowed to pass the 2.4% fee the Paypal charges onto customers. I hate Paypal and their anticompetitive practices, but I guess rules are rules! I'd say some grouch complained!

Anyway, it's back online now.

Phan28282: That's not bad odds! Good to see others increasing their odds by doing the same.

9. phan28282

phan28282 New Member

Wow....
    Just another luck, thank you!
    Rcvd the coins. I received only 2 notifications from RAM via email. But instead rcvd 3 coins this year....
    This mean I hv one extra coin to sell
    Anyone interested, MSG or pm me
    I hv 2011 & 2012 coins for sale with the right price
    Any offer will be considered especially for 2012 as I just got it