2012 Gold Pandas

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by OneGoldKiwi, Jan 5, 2012.

1. OneGoldKiwi

OneGoldKiwi New Member

Hi I am new to the forum but am looking forward to reading and being involved, a lot of good stuff here.

I have 2010 and 2011 Panda sets which I purchased while living in china (1oz, 1/2,1/4,1/10,1/20). I don't plan to sell them as I bought them for my kids but am interested in how much they are likely to appreciate in relation to spot. Any ideas?

Also I may have opportunity to purchase a 2012 Set. I noticed they are Minting more this year. How much does that affect value, or does this indicate the increase in demand for Pandas?.

2. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1. Welcome to the Panda Forum! A pleasure to have you among us.
    2a. Congrats on the 2010 and 2011 sets.
    2b. The 2011s are considered bullion Pandas at the moment, and haven't appreciated much over spot.
    2c. The 2010s are also considered bullion Pandas at the moment, but are slightly more expensive than the 2011s. Expect to pay/get +$20-$50 per oz above the 2011s.
    3a. Yep, the 2012s are out now... but they are more expensive than the 2011s, since not all the 2012s are available yet... as more stock comes online, the 2012s should fall in price.
    3b. Yep, they are minting more... so demand has and is definitely growing for both gold and Pandas. I am expecting Panda gold prices for all Pandas to increase, but especially the older lower mintages.

Welcome again to the Panda Forum! :)

3. OneGoldKiwi

OneGoldKiwi New Member

Thanks Yennus...Glad to be here.