2012 Dragon 10 Coin Set not selling

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by GilM, Apr 5, 2012.

1. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Even numiscollect.eu is selling the 10 coin set for 8 % below issue price.

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Extra long life? UHT :p

3. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah when spot hits $100 oz ,maybe good buying than :p

4. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

If you don't like 100 for raw coins , I have the 9 coins graded ms 69 NGC for 1100 ,also have the nine coins graded in ms70 for 3500usd ,That should get a rise out of Matthew:) these coins are not bullion folks ,if you count all the Chinese supposed 20,000 which for a fact i know they only produced less than 5000 sets( they flopped in china and Perth never completed the run of 20,000 as the sole distributor would not pay for any more ,as he could not sell them) ,in fact IMHO around 4000 where produced for china ,plus the 2500 for the Aussie market and you get a pretty low mintage item,i have sold a lot of these coins, and graded over 300,sold 2 sets in the last week for 1100++ ms69,perth came out with this 10 coin set because they where stuck with the ones they produced for the china market............ FYI i sold an ms70 set about 30 days ago on ebay for 4588.00 usd and had lots of offers on it over 3500...... i think anyone who has them and holds them will have a nice ROI when dragon rolls around again.....................just my opinion so don't climb all over me please:) also some info less than 5% grade ms70 and less than 10 of the yellow purple color have been graded ms70 ,lots of coins have been graded ,SO THAT IS RARE,and certainly not bullion:)

5. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I see some opportunities for people here. Nice win mate :)

6. picturefun

picturefun Member

Beg to differ. There are ONLY so many/FEW Chinese suckers available. Most of them do not even care about the Panda coin produced by China's own Mint, why would they want to pay such a high premium for a Perth mint made dragon coin?

I, for one, will NEVER EVER pay more than Perth Mint issuing price for any dragon coins :)

7. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

And that is what I reckon as well, and I am sure there are thousands more like you. However all you need is a few buyers to want your set and then you can get what happens above. Anyone who has looked at the top end of town in the Numismatic are will know that even at $4K or even $10K a set is just small feed for some of these buyers. If a few happen to like the set but prefer NGC grading then folks like JC who have the goods make the sale. It is all supply and demand.

Some treat this as a business, or at the very least make a tidy profit. I mean this is what we are all here for isn't it ?

8. jc888888888

up until recently the ms 69 coins where selling for 160 to 180 and ms70 always over 350 ,i saw a yellow purple ms 70 go for over 1500 on e bay 2 months ago:)

9. jc888888888

To each his own my friend, I never dragged anyone by the hair to there computer and forced them to pay pal me the money................ everyone perceives value differently ,i probably have over 225 positive feedback on these coins selling them on e bay ,you can look for yourself my user name is jc888888888, people rave 1 after another how much they love the coins and the great service I give my customers...............like i said to each his own

10. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Good point for all investors.. try to think outside yourself (as everybody is autonomous).. many items i dont much rate are still a good investment... 20,000 isnt that many homes when we are talking china so its important to get future demand in perspective.. I always encourage people to get current year bullion near spot and that way opinion is less relevant as its essentially a silver investment.. but previous years show huge appreciation... ie: 08 panda, lunar tiger etc.

But yeah.. always high rollers with properly too much fiat looking to park it up... i cant understand it but its obviously working so time to broaden my horizons i suppose.

1for1

11. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

BB now has the 10 coin set for $900.oo some 10% off the initial release price.

12. picturefun

picturefun Member

Talisman coins has that 10-coin set for $900 ever since it released, just lately changed to $950 or so.

13. Giodor8

Giodor8 Active Member

BB sold out now and talisman has only 1 set left.

14. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

jc8888888.......i know they only produced less than 5000 sets( they flopped in china and Perth never completed the run of 20,000 as the sole distributor would not pay for any more ,as he could not sell them) ,in fact IMHO around 4000 where produced for china ,plus the 2500 for the Aussie market and you get a pretty low mintage item......

What I would like to know, if the sole distributor in China...doesn't take up their remaining allocation of 15000 sets - does that mean that 5000 will become the new official minatge figure or does this allow the perth mint to release the 9 coin set.

15. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

^^^ Or will there be a further release here ?

16. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

With the release of the snake only around the corner, I can't see the perth mint spending anymore time on dragon fever.

They may do a last minute, anda coloured dragon set release , but they tend to be relatively small mintages.

So even if you combine the 9, 10 and possibly anda issue (if it happens) - the over-all mintage will still be less that 10000 .

If I was a betting man, I would definately be holding onto any 9 or 10 coin sets , as I believe they may be worth serious $$$$ in the near future IMHO. This opinion is based on the perth mint not producing anymore sets.