2007 Silver Kangaroo Frosted UNC Goes for $132.80 on the Bay?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by silverlover, Apr 11, 2011.

1. silverlover

silverlover Member

Hi everyone,

My first post here from the states. Glad to be part of these forums as Im a lover of all things Australia...namely the Kooks silver and the cool Aussies Ive met over the years. :)

I just watched this ebay item 250799228432 which consisted not the proof version, but the silver bullion UNC frosted version of the 2007 Silver Kangaroo go for $132.80.

I remember reading the posts about how auctions were ending in the mid $200s to $300s for a rare coin like this, and now I see this price close.
    I did buy a few of Peters Strichs 2007 Kangas Silver UNC a few weeks ago wanting to invest on a piece of rarity like this.

Now I see the price end like this and wondered why it didnt finish out like the other auctions? Im not saying the other auctions were fake but just curious as to why.

I did notice that as far as shipping method was concerned, that the shipper had put in his profile..."Ships to US"
    Instead of the "Ships to Worldwide"

Could that be the difference maker? Just odd

2. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

The coin you refer to was in the united states ebay for sale. The 2007's fetching high prices are in Australia and listed for sale on ebay.com.au not ebay.com

3. silverlover

silverlover Member

Matthew, much thanks.

Not exactly sure how ebay works, but is it possible I can sell on Ebay.com and still target Australia peeps? Can I register on ebay.au even living in the US? Im planning to live in Thailand in the next few years (not too far from Aussie land) so maybe I can just show up with a few 2007 Kangas in my hand and get top dollar on the spot...hehe.

4. Jing

Jing Member Silver Stacker

pretty sure if you have your ebay item as "shipping to worldwide", and buyers search for items outside Australia they will be able to see your listing.

But from what I gather, Germany is mostly where the ridiculous prices are sold to.