$2000 to $500,000 with penny miners.

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Wy So Lo, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Golden chain girl , Shes nice, aren't they?

2. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Still can't work out the getting image down in to this dialogue box. Got it in to stackers .

3. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

Ok, lots of red in my commsec account.... sigh.

Hope it gets better post election!

4. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Getting raped. $13 away from break even. Not sure what to say. Oh well we continue to be patient, silver stackers theory of life.
    We may never arrive at our destination. What a thought.

5. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

So only just now realising you might not be able to turn $2000 into $500,000 so easily? :D

6. hussman

hussman Member

Its a nice goal to have to turn $2,000 to $500,000.

Even if you manage that, get ready for the CGT bill.

7. SilverDJ

I'll happily pay CGT on that profit.

8. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

HA and here i thought it was going to be a breeze. What was the CGT again? I may have to work out a way to avoid it lawfully. Anyway it recovered a bit and we are still net in front, so its all good.

9. SilverDJ

10. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What if you are unemployed and not collecting a Gov't payment or any sort of income ? If CGT is based upon your nominal tax rate and you don't actually have one at the time you held the asset, then what is your liability for CGT on that asset ?

11. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Well we got through the brexit with a close call to net neutral, but scraped through in the green. It is interesting to see the effects the market, in general, can have on the juniors. Four weeks ago, i would have predicted a price target much higher, given the base price of silver at $18.60. To me it simply demonstrates that the junior sector has different dynamics, than the larger companies. Will it carry us to our goal?, we wait and see.

12. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

Well, overall I am down 10%.

Not

Happy

Jan.

I suck at knowing when to buy silver, gold and shares. Maybe I should set up a blog and when I really really want to BUY, I post a SELL and then I will be right!

Shiny.

13. kramer

kramer Member

Im holding a pretty risky basket.. Up 15% then back to flat then back to 15% up.. Since taking positions in march.. Roller coaster really tests the nerves

14. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

It's not based on your nominal tax rate , the capital gain is just added to your income and taxed at whatever your top tax rate happens to be

Ways to reduce cgt are hold the asset more than 12 months or take a capital loss on another stock in the same financial year to offset
    Also any past capital losses carried forward can be applied to gains

Of course if your plan is to only make profits with quick trades you will be paying cgt at your top tax rate

15. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Can you go into a little more detail on this part Trew. (highlighted)

16. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

If you make a net capital loss in one year (ie. more capital losses than gains), you carry that loss forward to the next year.
    There is a box in the capital gains section of the tax return to record it.

If you make a net capital gain (more gains that losses) in the following year you use the carried forward loss to lower the capital gain.

You can keep carrying the loss forward year after year until you make a capital gain to offset it against.

17. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Australian Shares
    Code Qty Curr Cost Basis Date Acquired Last Price Change ($) Gain/Loss ($) Market Value News & Tools Trade
    ARD 19,700 AUD 0.031 06/06/2016 0.032 0.002 19.70 630.40 30/06/2016 10:59:32 AM Buy Sell
    ARU 4,300 AUD 0.049 29/04/2016 0.051 0.003 8.60 219.30 29/06/2016 8:23:59 AM Buy Sell
    AZS 13,500 AUD 0.045 06/05/2016 0.038 0.000 -94.50 513.00 30/06/2016 1:25:09 PM Buy Sell
    EXU 16,200 AUD 0.038 28/04/2016 0.071 0.004 534.60 1,150.20 30/06/2016 8:28:11 AM Buy Sell
    Toggle:Change in %Gain/Loss in %
    So looking ok again. AZS being the only one still in the dumps Exu has not regained its prior high but is still the flagship.

18. scrooged

scrooged New Member

AZS could end up being the surprise packet and outperforming the others yet. Hang in there.

19. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Thanks scrooged. I am a long way off giving up, so i am quite happy overall. AZS may be trimmed down to a smaller position as i did with ARU, however i will wait to see if there are any others screaming buys showing themselves. i was up in the middle of the night last night, watching the silver price dancing with the days high, and if that price had been hit on thursdays market, my miners may well have been up another $500 on friday. We really get the short straw down here. I might have to start a campaign to get the dateline moved to Broome beach. After the weekend and the metals cooling their heels, the sentiment in the markets in ASX is almost always subdued. Nevermind, have a great weekend everyone.

20. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Thanks scrooged. I am a long way off giving up, so i am quite happy overall. AZS may be trimmed down to a smaller position as i did with ARU, however i will wait to see if there are any others screaming buys showing themselves. i was up in the middle of the night last night, watching the silver price dancing with the days high, and if that price had been hit on thursdays market, my miners may well have been up another $500 on friday. We really get the short straw down here. I might have to start a campaign to get the dateline moved to Broome beach. After the weekend and the metals cooling their heels, the sentiment in the markets in ASX is almost always subdued. Nevermind, have a great weekend everyone.